“Wow! Who knew.”

Karma
Ranked #24 of 225 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'd seen the ads for this place and I ignored them. What a mistake. We went and the food was really good. So was the service. Have you ever seen those movies where a slew of wait staff descend on a table and englf the diner and when they're done eating, they just sit there happily stuffed. Well, I can say that really happens. Dannie no more than looked up and a waiter or bus person was there with a smile and inquiry as to what she needed. The food was terrific, and we had quite the conversation about our other favorite restaurants in Vegas, Sacremento, Los Angeles, or San Diego.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

With a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, Karma's lunchtime buffet is a great bargain. The food is very fresh, very tasty and well-seasoned without being too spicy. The Naan is also fresh & delicious and their Indian desserts are some of the best I've had. Will go back and try for dinner sometime, but the buffet at lunch is such a deal.

1  Thank DFR1
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The taste is not Indian offcourse. The food is altered to suit the palate of the natives and non-Indians. Biryani was terrible and i am surprised how does Karma calls its a biryani.Tandoori chicken however was good. An Indian restaurant which Indians can definitely give a miss.

2  Thank RaaLips
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Tandoori chicken was off the hook with the most delicious deep smoke eastern BBQ flavor. The Garlic Naan was equally delicious with a plentiful sprinkling of fresh garlic, lightly toasted together with the bread. -- I hope my groans of delight didn't disturb the other patrons.-- Their "Yellow Dal" is out of this world. Although, it was not served with their lunch buffet today, I had it on 12/17/12. It's a good thing I don't live closer to this place, otherwise you would have to roll me out the door!

1  Thank virtuallyhere
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Still great food. Really like the malai kofta. The saag paneer is really good. Mint chutney is great and the pakoras are worth it. Portions are good, service is good, price is good. Becoming my go to place in TO.