“Good Italian Locally”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to go here for lunch. I had 3 of my kids with me. One had gnocchi, one had pizza and one shared with all of us. I got the eggplant parmesan and a Caesar salad. One of my daughters ordered garlic bread too. So, we covered a lot of dishes. I'm pretty picky about eggplant parmesan and I have to say, I really liked it and that it was served with angel hair pasta rather than spaghetti was a nice change. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered but, I wouldn't say it was extraordinary. It's a very pleasant setting and the service was very good.

There are newer reviews for Vitello's Trattoria

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We drive from Ventura just for Vitello's... it's the best!!! Mary is so nice and always remembers our order, we love her! Everything is good, but the fresh bread, pizettes, pink sauce and tiramisu are fabulous.

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you like authentic Italian food, Vitello's is a gem in Thousand Oaks! Vince has continued his father's original recipes and is serving them in an intimate yet cozy setting. Cameron was our server and his humor and knowledge of the wine selections made us feel right at home. The selections of wines were perfect for us and the price was right! As an appetizer, we started with the Zucchini Fritti, served with a side of marinara sauce. Yum! The Chicken Parmesan is moist on the inside and just crispy enough on the outside with a very flavorful sauce. We also had the Cannelloni, very beefy inside and the sauce was perfectly seasoned. A little known secret is that with any entrée, you can order a soup or a considerably portioned salad for only $1.95 additional. To top off this fabulous meal, we had to have the made-to-order Cannoli. These are filled just before serving, keeping the shells crisp. The pistachio pieces made this an original specialty and the best I've ever had! Don't let the lower prices fool you! The food is what you'd expect from a much higher priced restaurant! Thank you, Vince, for continuing your dad's legacy and recipes! We will definitely return every time we are in town!

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We like this place a lot. Favorites include chicken parmasean, pesto pizzetta, spaghetti a la carbonara, and calamari. The service is usually friendly and efficient, but our last time there it was terrible. We came in hungary for our 6:30 reservation. The restaurant was not at all full that early in the evening as expected. What was unexpected and really frustrating is that main course wasn't served until 7:45. Our server apologized, but I could tell our friends who had never been there wondered by we liked this place so much. I still rate it very good because previous experiences were quite pleasant. And we'll probably go back, just not on a Saturday night.

1  Thank miandho
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Vince,family and staff are incredible!! The menu is ginormous and you really have a hard time deciding what to eat. My favorite is Farfalle a la Restivo. Delicious! I would eat there daily --if I could, SO Many choices! Atmosphere is lovely,comfy and cozy with wonderful music softly playing in the background.Staff is very efficient and knowledgeable.Can't say enough about this wonderful family restaurant!

1  Thank Pam W