“Go to Wendy's, it's cheaper”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #40 of 215 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks, California
“Go to Wendy's, it's cheaper”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I kept hearing about Five Guys, so one night we broke down and went. We were let down. As soon as I took my first bite of burger, I put it down, looked at my husband and asked him, "What other burger does this taste like?" He read my mind when he responded, "Wendy's".

Tastes just like a Wendy's burger, but costs more. We were far from impressed.

Visited May 2011

Ventura
“When you look past all the hype its still just fast food.”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

After taking the pooch to the dog park, my girlfriend and I decided to stop at Five Guys on the way home. This was our second visit since they opened. It seems that Five Guys to the east coast is kinda like what In and Out has been to the west coast but it has finally made the long franchise chain trip west. I mentioned it to my uncle and his girlfriend after my first visit and she started to go to town about a friend of hers that had a bad experience. Well two things there: 1) However good the burgers are or arent its still just fast food and 2) If it was so bad I dont think they would have as many stores and still growing throughout the United States. One thing Five Guys is into (at least at the Thousand Oaks store) is "Self Promotion". Throughout the restaurant which has that red and white vibe (similar to In and Out) they have billboards up all over about being rated the highest over at this place by this paper and being the best from this food critic in another state and even a high rating from a competitor of Trip Advisors, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah. Ok I get it, people in other places like your burgers but how was my visit, let me tell you now. Its basically burgers and fries and a couple of other things on the menu and thats it. After you order with a bunch of burger topping choices different from many of their competitors you can help yourself to some peanuts in the shell. Once the cheeseburger comes it shows up wrapped in aluminum foil with a number sticker on the outside to represent the spot in which you placed your order. The cheeseburger seems a little small for the price(not a place to take the fam if your looking for a cheap burger night out). The cheese is all nice and melty and thats always a plus. How can a cheeseburger be bad when you get your choice of many different popular toppings. I went with jalapenos, grilled mushrooms onions and A-1! Just fast food burger perfection in a bun. The fries you can get either plain or cajun style (which we had) which were a nice change of pace. After my girlfriend got done with her cheeseburger she had high praise as well. So it was all good here but like I started with, it is only fast food and you will no doubt find a meater, bigger, better rated cut of meat and possibly even tastier at a steak house or a number of sitdown restaurants but rating this as it is a fast food burger its worth the drive if you have a couple of extra bucks to spare.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Jedimasterkush
Thousand Oaks, Ca
“In and Out, Habit = Better and cheaper”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

When we saw the long line we thought this place must be special but it's not. Fries are MUCH better at In and Out. Hamburgers are pricy for fast food. No milk shakes or onion rings available.

1 Thank BethTO