“Had a great lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stopped by for lunch while visiting family in T.O. Wow, has the Oaks Mall changed! Anyway, Lazy Dog is an attractive corporate eatery and the service was great. The menu is large, but not too large to execute successfully. I had a pizza that I asked them to cook extra crispy and it came out perfect. No soggy crust at all. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and try some additional items.

There are newer reviews for Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I tried this place for the first time when we were visiting his family in California. We now request to come here every single time! The atmosphere is great! Its very much typical big American bar/restaurant scene but still very inviting.

When it comes to the food, we always take way too long to decide because there are so many fantastic options. Without fail, for our appetizer we always get the Hawaiian Ahi Poke and the Edamame which has just great seasoning. Both turn out amazing every time. The first time I got the Swiss & Avocado Turkey Burger which was tasty but a little hard to eat because it was so big. But that is a barely a complaint. Another time I also got the Mediterranean Mahi Mahi, which was also delicious. They also have sweet potato tater tots which, coming from a person who does not like sweet potatoes, were really good. They have a wide variety of different options for everyone from burgers and pizza, to fish and asian dishes.

And their drink menu and just as diverse. I definitely recommend the Sangria Sampler! But if you're not a wine drinker, there are plenty, and I mean plenty, of beer and various cocktail options.

We really enjoy the place and are already looking forward to our next trip to California just to make a pit stop here as always.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I decided on the Lazy Dog after reading the reviews here. Our initial impressions were quite good -the potato hush puppies were spicy and tasty, the various non-alcohol drinks with fresh-squeezed lemonade had just the right amount of tartness without being too sweet...thirst-quenching. My wife enjoyed her pomegranate mojito. Then the main courses arrived. I think my daughter's Caesar salad was the best of the bunch. The bacon-wrapped Coulotte was chewy and tough, and the Ahi-Tuna burger was just so-so. The Kahlua and coffee creme brûlée dessert redeemed the dining experience, but only to a point. All-in-all, the descriptions of the entrees were better than the entrees themselves.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had a Bloody Mary last night and it was the best. I also had the ceviche with chips and a great salad. It is all very reasonable and a fun noisy place.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went in search of a true burger and found it complete with great fries too. Easy atmosphere and great dining experience.