Booked this hotel because it was near the Reagan Library in Simi Valley and have had great experiences with Hampton Inns in the past. It did not disappoint! About 20 minutes from the Library (in 5 o'clock traffic) & a very easy drive and easy to find. Sits in a small shopping center right next to Walmart Neighborhood Market. Great area too.
We booked a King Suite at a price of $118 inc tax ( on a Friday too). Staff at front desk very friendly and gave us a choice of 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor. We chose the 3rd so no one would be on top of us. The desk clerk said this was a good choice because it was one if their bigger suites. The room was very spacious with a love seat and 2 chairs, king bed, table for eating, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Great counter space where the bathroom sink was. The best part was the shower water pressure! I have never stayed in a hotel with such awesome pressure. Breakfast was decent, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, French toast dipping sticks, toast, English Muffins, bagels, donuts, muffins, cereal, yogurt, milk, juices, coffee and fresh fruit. The only reason I give this 4 stars is that there are not many restaurants close by. But we walked next door to the Walmart Market and picked up food from their hot Deli and actually had a great dinner from there!
Also, when we got settled in our room there was pounding loud music coming from the room next door. We knocked on the door but no answer. We called the front desk and they were going to look into it. The music did stop after a bit and the front desk called us back and asked if it the music stopped. I thought that was good they followed up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean, the Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Thousand Oaks is nestled in the scenic Santa Monica Mountains just miles from Hollywood and minutes from top attractions such as the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, California Lutheran University, The Oaks Mall, and the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. While enjoying your time in Thousand Oaks, take advantage of the amenities available at our Hampton Inn & Suites hotel including our spacious rooms and suites, plush bedding, free WiFi, free hot breakfast available daily, complimentary parking, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, on-site convenience store and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites 1000 Oaks
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Hampton Inn And Suites Thousand Oaks