“Best Hampton I've Stayed At”

Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here in Feb 2013 on a business trip solely based on the TA reviews. They are pretty much dead on. It's high end Hampton, reasonably priced. The rooms are set up nicely, with a good size TV, plenty of power connections, USB by the bed, and a large shower. Also, clean, well run, but maybe a little hard to find, kind of set back off of the street. However, with all the nice amenities, I can live with that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were visiting California Lutheran Univesity and friends recommended we stay at the Hampton Inn. First time we have stayed at a Hampton Inn and we were impressed and very happy there. The Front Desk staff was very nice and very helpful! Great value and nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our son is a student at Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks. The previous times we've come to visit, we've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, on the other side of the freeway from the Hampton Inn. For whatever reason, for the Sunday of the Super Bowl, the Marriott was asking way more for a room than usual, and made no mention of including breakfast, as they have in the past.
Anyway, we noticed the Hampton Inn before so we stayed there this time, for one night. It is a newer hotel, very pleasant. We stayed in a room on the third floor with two queen beds, for $125, plus tax. This included breakfast, which is in a very nice room off the lobby, and they have almost anything you could want.
As another recent reviewer noted, we could clearly hear another shower going while in the room the next morning. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again, especially if the Marriott's price is higher.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A 5 star cheap hotel.
Not 5 star as in luxury, but 5 star as in clean, cheap and nice rooms.

Recently needed to stay in the Thousand Oaks/ Moorpark area for a night and found this place online.
It was definitely a great choice!
The place is pretty new and is very clean.

Paid an extra $10 and got the studio suite which is a large room with a small bar area with fridge, microwave and sink.

The room was very clean. One of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in a long time!
They claim to wash the duvet covers after every guest which is a huge plus to me!!

The floors do seems a little creaky so I would definitely recommend staying on the top floor. The hotel is next to the freeway but I never heard or saw the freeway due to all the trees and landscaping. If you are sensitive to noise you should probably stay on the backside of the hotel which overlooks an empty field at this time (soon to be a retail building).

Breakfast was pretty basic but nice to grab a donut or some oatmeal.
Price was great $107 for the studio suite with AAA.
Free WiFi worked great.

Only downsides are crappy water pressure and no safe in the room.
Still I would live with that in order to stay in a clean place!!

Room Tip: Top floor so you don't hear the people above you. Pay an extra $10 for the larger studio suite r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanks for the review! I am so glad you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and value packed. Our signature Hampton Hot Breakfast will always be free and plentiful. Every part of the Hampton Cloud Nine Bed is laundered fresh for every guest. Whether you are staying for business or pleasure, we will be here waiting to welcome back!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I LOVED this place! It wasn't too fancy but it was clean and perfect for me. The Staff was amazing and I had EVERYTHING I needed and my room was gorgeous. There was ample parking. Business center was adequate, the hot tub HOT and the gym was clean. I loved my room and breakfast was nice. I can't really say enough about the staff and the location. I will be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are great! Super equipped and clean!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

While a bit on the pricey side, this hotel was still a very good value. You get what you pay for. There are not that many hotels north of Los Angeles that clean, immaculately maintained and offer free parking and internet. This hotel fit that bill. In addition, the rooms are spacious, the bedding is new and clean, the location is quiet but convenient to the 101 and the breakfast is outstanding. You can find cheaper places in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard but they are likely to be tired based upon my experience. The only negative---- when the person in the room upstairs turned on the shower/bath, you could hear it like I had turned on the tub in my room. All in all it was a minor inconvenience. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a great time at the hotel, definitely the best in this area (we stayed at other hotels in the area before). Located in a quiet area, just from the 101 Freeway and Ventu Park road in Thousand Oaks.

Plenty of parking and close to some restaurants, Starbucks and Ralphs supermarket.

Staff was friendly and amazing, made us feel very welcome.

Wonderful room, great beds. Could have a fridge though.

Free breakfast was included with our rate. It was really good quality, with a decent selection of breads, cereal, donuts, fruit, drinks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric1313
Steve T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you found our hotel to be clean and accommodating and that you enjoyed our free Hampton Hot Breakfast. Our team of friendly hoteliers is ready to serve and eagerly awaits your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!