“Easy to see - Hard to find”

Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Henderson, Nv.
“Easy to see - Hard to find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is easy to see from Ca. 101 Northbound, but once you have turned off the freeway there is no signage! Tip - turn in at the driveway for the Wallgreens Drug Store on your right immediately after exiting the freeway. The hotel is located to the rear of the shopping area. Apparently the City prohibits putting up signs. The Hotel is fairly new and quite large. The lobby is bright and clean and the room we had was exceptional! Sabrina was staffing the desk. She was upbeat, friendly and helpful; an asset to any business! I would certainly recommend this establishment as a place to stay. The only drawback I saw was the breakfast area is small compared to the number of potential persons who may use it. The breakfast room was NOT crowded when we were there, but I feel this could be problematic at certain times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Cal Lutheran. rooms are large and suite style. Breakfast was plentiful and you could put together something your cardiologist/personal trainer would be happy with ( oatmeal, green tea, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt, etc.). Complimentary newspaper. Considering it is so close to the freeway, noise was not an issue. King size bed was relatively good but I prefer a softer pillowtop mattress. I would stay here again and the Cal Lutheran rate was $89 plus tax so so can't beat that! there is a Ralph's grocery store and a Wagreens pharmacy right across the street.Pool, hot tub, exercise room but no self service laundry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed one night and visited the Ronald Reagan Library and the rooms were very reasonably priced. I wish we could have stayed for more than one night. The beds were comfortable, room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet had a large variety of items to please anyone. We had no problems with the internet connections, there was plenty of parking and the staff were friendly checking in and out. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaiz59
Steve T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for the great review! I am so glad that you found your suite spacious and affordable. Our complimentary Hampton Hot Breakfast Buffet is served every day and our signature Hampton Clean & Fresh beds are laundered for every guest. We are just minutes from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library as well as many other local area attractions. I hope you come back to see us soon!
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed one night during a recent week long road trip in California. It was inexpensive, convenient and the room was quiet in spite of being next to the freeway. Breakfast included. Bananas at the breakfast were looking a bit old but we had enough other choices that it didn't matter.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We selected this hotel because we were visiting the area on vacation and the good reviews it has on Tripadvisor. We chose the studio suite which was almost the same price as the basic room but bigger, precisely room 201.

The hotel is three stories tall with long corridors, our room was the farthest one, and fortunately the hotel has an entrance from the back parking lot really convenient for our room.

The room was really clean, as mentioned by other reviewers. The bed was very comfortable although I was a little surprised to find a handwritten Post-it note attached to the headboard reminding that they don't change linens during stay.

The rest of the room was in perfect condition with complimentary bottles of water and some peanuts and cookies.

The hotel is close to the noisy 101 highway and as we knew this, we asked for a room that didn't face to the traffic but still we heard a continuos murmuring of cars.

Breakfast is good and free, same as other Hampton Inn properties.

There is a good variety of restaurants and a big shopping mall near the hotel. Also, Ronald Reagan's Library is a 10 min drive from the hotel and worth the visit if you have half day spare time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuanExplorer
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Conveniently located near the 101, California Lutheran University, The Oaks Mall, and a number of fabulous restaurants. I have stayed here twice and was impressed with the friendliness of all the staff. It is extremely new and clean. The breakfast is wonderful! Parking is ample. Fresh baked cookies Mon-Weds. Room rate very reasonable! Closer to Burbank airport than LAX.

Room Tip: Suites are perfect for families...king-sized bed, plus pull out double bed from sofa and a single ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for the great review! I am so happy that you found our hotel to be consistantly clean and accommodating. Our signature Hampton On The House Breakfast is served daily and is the perfect way to start the day off right. A friendly team of hoteliers is anxious to welcome you back for a third visit!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was your average 3 star hotel (I think, don't quote me on the stars). This was the first time I have ever stayed at a Hampton. It was similar to the typical Hyatt and some Courtyard Marriotts and Holiday Inns. I felt like a good deal on the room. I had a nice clean spacious suite. The carpet and couch looked a little worn. There was a decent size TV. My only complaint was that CBS channel was working. I missed a new episode of Blue Bloods that night, because of the channel not working. The FREE internet worked good. Every staff member I encountered the 2 days I was there were very professional and friendly. Even though, the bed was comfortable, it was hard to get a good nights sleep. I could hear everything the people to the left of me and above me did or said. My neighbors to the left of me had the weirdest conversations at the weirdest times. I could also hear every time they went to the rest room. Parking and Breakfast were both free and plentiful. Saturday Morning for breakfast there was: turkey sausage links, scrambled eggs, pastries, bagels, different types of bread, fruit, and a waffle maker to make waffles. On Sunday there was: sausage patties (probably pork), scrambled eggs and ham (I think), pastries, breads, fruit, and a waffle maker to make waffles.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!