“Getting better...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We just had our second stay here. Our first visit was in July of '11 and everything was great except the rock hard bed. This time the bed did seem more comfortable and we got a great nights sleep.
We had an absolutely fabulous reception from Sabeena who works at the front desk. She recognized us immediately as previous guests and upgraded our room. I just can't praise Sabeena enough for her friendly helpful and fun energy, she really makes a difference to this already great hotel.
Our only neagtive this time around was when we went downstairs for breakfast on Sunday...breakfast is served until 10:00 AM. This was the Sunday before Christmas, the breakfast room was full of large family groups...we got there around 9:45 and the food was already depleated. We were perfectly happy to grab a yogurt and some fruit, but were suprised to see the young man who was working the room remove the coffee pots before 10 and then he couldn't get the rest of the food put away fast enough. Guests were scurrying around trying to grab a cup of coffee or finish making their waffles and this guy was pulling things away and closing the doors to the room as fast as he possibly could....there were so many things that he could have been doing to slowly/gently remove the breakfast spread while guests finished up, like most Hampton hostesses do....especially on weekends...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and thanks for the great review! I am so glad that you got a great night's sleep on our signature Hampton Clean & Fresh beds. We are so proud of all our desk staff and the friendly, helpful service they provide. I look foward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Man, this hotel was all I could ask for! Me and 50 others went to this hotel for Western Band Association Championships on a weekend in the middle of November, and honestly, being the drum major (student leader), I was a little worried about the hotel staff being short-tempered with my well-intentioned friends, like hotel staff sometimes is with teenage kids. But this hotel staff had no problem! They struck the perfect balance--they came and checked up on places we frequented (like the exercise room and business center) but were not at all intrusive about it. The rooms looked like new, and judging from the dates on some reviews, they aren't. The hotel was very spacious, and even though it was near the freeway, there was no noise issues. The breakfast had good hours, and there was plenty of room to spread out in the breakfast room with our large group. The staff was also very helpful, and friendly.

Now, since I'm a picky traveler, and I know you reading this review probably are too, I'll give you the few problems I had with this hotel. Now, if these aren't super important and you can deal with them, still stay here. You'll probably run into the same problems at any other hotel of this price range.
-The internet was free, but SLOW. Watching streaming video was a joke.
-The breakfast didn't impress me. But really, it was what should be expected. So I guess I'm just really picky there.
-The deadbolt was...interesting. I didn't ever really know if it was locked or not. But luckily this hotel was safe and I didn't ever really worry about it.
-The bed was kind of uncomfortable. It was fresh and clean, but made my back hurt a little. It went away after a day anyway, so no biggie.

Overall, a GREAT place to stay. If you have a choice, stay here. You won't be disappointed.
Feel free to message me with questions! Happy travels!

Room Tip: They are all really good rooms. But if you don't like noise, a first floor room probably isn'...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thanks for the review! I am glad that your experience at our Inn was so pleasant. It doesn't matter whether you are here for business or traveling with a group, we are here to serve. I am happy to report that we are investing in more bandwidth to better serve our guests and keep up with the ever growing demand for internet connectivity. Thanks for the feedback and safe travels!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We find Hampton Inns quality to be consistently good and this one met our expectations. Clean, updated rooms. Nice lobby with plenty of seating for the complimentary breakfast. The entrance is a little tricky to find, but otherwise the location is great -- very close to a small shopping center, several restaurants and easy access to the freeway. It's not far from the Reagan library which we visited that afternoon and enjoyed very much.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thanks for the great review! I am happy that our spacious breakfast lobby met your needs and that our rooms were comfortable and clean. You are right, we are just miles from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, and many great restaurants are within walking distance. On behalf of my entire team, thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed here with a friend Oct.22-25, 2011. My family is being relocated to Ventura Country from Chicago, so brought friend for moral support. This is by far the best Hampton Inn either of us has stayed in.

Pros:
Clean rooms! Friend is a clean freak and she loved it! (Wouldn't allow maid/room service, though, so we had a ton of towels on the floor when we checked out).

Great breakfast. We were here on weekend and week nights. Definitely different crowd (kids sports teams vs. professionals). It all worked in the morning.

Wonderful staff -- can't say enough about the friendly atmosphere. It also feels really safe.

Fun pool -- we didn't swim but did have dinner at the pool two out of three nights. There is a grocery store and a Walgreens within walking distance. Just enjoyed the warm autumn nights.

You can actually open the windows at this hotel! Being a Chicago girl, this is cool. Love that Cali weather.

Cons:
Noise -- ask for a room on the third floor. On the weekend, we had trouble sleeping -- probably due to the kids and babies in adjacent rooms, banging on the doors or crying in their cribs. Walls are a bit thin. Once Monday came around, no problem.

Free internet on computers is really slow. Printer didn't work and desk chair was broken. Since the service is free, I can't complain. Because we were working with realtors on this trip it was annoying. Just saying . . . the staff was truly apologetic.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor in the back to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all our hotel has to offer; from the clean rooms and friendly staff to the great hot breakfast and outdoor pool and spa. Let us be the first to welcome you to Sunny Southern California!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I'm probably the least motivated to write anything, not because there is anything bad here, but because I'm just rehashing all the positive vibes. This should be a model for ALL HAMPTON INN's across the country! ARE YOU LISTENING HILTON? Mostly Hilton properties are a disappointment in one way or another. This place isn't, from the people to the food to the service to the rooms. Stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thanks for the awesome review and I can tell you, we are definitely listening! We are tuned in to all the feedback left by our guests and strive to continually improve our service and accommodations. I am so thrilled that you found our staff, food and facilities to be a cut above the rest. We look forward to your return visits!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Was here on business and stayed 4 nights. Friendly staff, large breakfast/guest area for meals and to gather. Breakfast was good and always had free warm cookies and coffee and tea available. Expressed and interest in the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library that was close and was given 2 free admission tickets for myself and a colleague. Rooms clean, pool warm, nice workout area and business center to print out boarding passes.

Hotel is quiet and close to a Walgreens if you need to pick something up.

Room Tip: They asked whether I preferred a room on first, second or third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
steve_tarn10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thanks for the review! Whether you are here on business, or just to relax, our new spacious and clean Hampton Inn is your home away from home. I am so glad you got to enjoy our expanded 24-hour fitness center and our outdoor, heated pool & spa. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

With a short stay at this Hampton Inn I must say it must be the best Hampton Inn around. The hotel itself is clean and modern both in and out. I did not use the facilities but did pass by the fitness and pool areas and looked great. Although some may think it's a couple steps too far from the city I think it's a great location for families especially since everyone drives in California. Shopping at the Oaks was 4 minutes away, Camarillo about 12 minutes, Zuma Beach 20 minutes and Santa Monica about 25 minutes depending on traffic. Had a suite and it was surprisingly large for my family (4 kids of which is under 8) and was more than adequate for my wife and I. My only critique an option for a separate enclosed living area would be a true suite. Regardless it's a good addition to the Thousand Oaks area for business and pleasure. Great value and experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!