“Delicious Hideout!”

Blue Stove at Nordstrom Thousand Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Stove at Nordstrom Thousand Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 215 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Take a coffee break,grab a bite or enjoy a gourmet meal at a Nordstrom near you. Featuring organic and healthy ingredients,our restaurants range from casual to fine dining.
Simi Valley, California
“Delicious Hideout!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This wonderful small plate restaurant tucked inside Nordstrom's has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. Typically, I go here with girlfriends or my husband, but I took my 14 year old daughter this time & she can't wait to go back. This is now her favorite restaurant!
The idea here is to order multiple items and share them. My top picks are the Chicken Lime Tacos,
Lemon Scented Risotto with Scallops, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Sweet Potato Fries & the Banana Creme Brûlée with Chocolate Sauce. We tried the Watermelon & Feta Salad this time. The presentation was surprising & sensational! The taste - delicious!

The staff has always been friendly and helpful. They are quite knowledgeable with wine selections & on a few occasions have brought a couple different ones to try before they poured my glass. Very classy!

• Visited August 2013

Thousand Oaks, California
“Yummy Adventure!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to the Blue Stove for the first time with my Mom and we loved it! The food was AMAZING and the service was FANTASTIC!! Everyone we encountered at the Blue Stove was very nice but our server Erin was AWESOME! Very knowledgeable and friendly!! We shared the Lemon Scented Risotto with Seared Scallops & French Beans, The Korean BBQ Short Rib Sliders, Sweet Potato Frites with Cilantro Lime Aïoli and for desert Chocolate Banana Crème Brûlée. Everything was so delicious. The Risotto was so creamy and light and the scallops were cooked to perfection. I could have eaten whole by my self. The sliders were yummy but beware there was something spicy hiding in there. I liked it but my mom not a fan of spicy. I on the other hand not a fan of cilantro but after trying the Cilantro Lime Aioli I am now! Were we sat I got to watch the chef's in action and they were INCREDIBLE! We went early in the day the ambiance was quite and intimate. We will definitely be returning!!

• Visited July 2013
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Delicious Tapas style food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love going here for lunch because you can share and taste different dishes. A heads up though- my husband doesn't like going here at all because he doesn't feel satisfied by the portions of food served and we'd have to order a lot for that to happen which isn't worth it price-wise to him. Going here with my oldest daughter is perfect because our appetites are smaller and we usually order three items to share. I think the dishes are creative and well-balanced. Two of our favorite dishes are the crab cakes and the scallops with risotto. Both delicious and it's hard for us to get beyond these! Some of the dishes are seasonal so each time you come, the menu can slightly change which at times has disappointed me because I've returned for a particular dish. Still, I always manage to find something which doesn't disappoint me!

Be aware that the portions are small and it can be a bit on the pricey side after you've ordered enough dishes to satisfy everyone. The restaurant atmosphere I think is very inviting especially when you consider you're in a dept. store! I like this place enough that I'll come here just for the restaurant- no shopping involved.

• Visited June 2013
Anaheim, California
“This is a wonderful Wine and Tapas Bar”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I’ve eaten at various cafes in several Nordstrom’s throughout Southern California and found the food fresh and good. Blue Stove is a cut above all other restaurants. The atmosphere is quiet and almost elegant. The servers are attentive and accommodating. The food is fresh, creative and prepared to the diners preferences. In a word “Wonderful”.

Four adults ate at the Thousand Oaks restaurant on Father’s Day.
We ordered two salads, including the Crispy Parmesan Polenta & Arugula Salad
For entrees, we ordered :
Crisp & Spicy Dark Cherry Glazed Beef
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Salt & Pepper Calamari with Lemon Zest
Lemon Scented Risotto with Seared Scallops & French Beans
Ahi Tuna Poke with Crisp Wontons
The Tacos plate and the Ahi plates were so delicious, we ordered second plates of both.
For dessert we shared a Chocolate Raspberry Cake.

Since each plate is on the small size, you just order more variety. Plates are priced from $5.95 to $12.50 each. A glass of wine, between $8.00 to $12.00. Our food bill, for four, was under $80.00 (not including wine, tax and tip). That was so very reasonable for the quality of this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Simi Valley, California, United States
“Good food. VERY SMALL portions.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here for lunch with a girlfriend. Food was good but I thought the portions were ridiculously small. I could have eaten twice the amount of food they gave me. Left the restaurant hungry.

2 Thank Helle L