“First Visit to Sante Fe”

Comfort Suites Santa Fe
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed 5 nights while in SANTA FE. The Hotel was Clean and comfortable. We changed our plans and arrived a day earlier then scheduled and they were able to provide a room for us at the same rate we had reserved on line. The staff was friendly and professional. The Hot FREE breakfast each morning was an added benefit. The location was great only 4 1/2 miles from down town Santa Fe. The Pool and Spa were great, an we enjoyed the use at the end of each day.The location was quiet and with easy access to all sites we visited in the surrounding area. We liked the Hotel and staff that we joined the Choice Privileged Rewards Program and plan to stay at other hotels in the chain. We will be back to stay the next time we visit Sante Fe.

Room Tip: Top Floor next to elevator was easy to access all amenities
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Valjene O,

I'm so happy to hear about your positive experience with our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to rate us 4/5 and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really had no complaints about this hotel. It is a ways from the old downtown but an easy drive. It was comfortable, clean and a good price. We won't give it more stars because it really isn't comparable to high end properties, but in comparison to other chains it definitely gets high marks. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed and pillows were great. The bathroom was clean. Free breakfast included the typical choices with the obligatory Belgian waffle maker. There are many places to eat nearby; neighborhood seemed safe enough to walk from the hotel. The young man at the front desk was always polite and helpful - and always there. One of the nicest things was coffee available in the lobby all day - with warm cookies in the afternoon.

1  Thank easygoing1Arizona

Hello easygoing1Arizona,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for rating us 4/5! I'm happy to hear that your stay was a pleasurable experience, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a nice and clean hotel. The breakfast was great. It was alittle hard to find ,not being known to the area.The front desk were LWya nice and HELPFUL. Chris was the best front desk employee I have ever had. He goes over and beyound the call of his job! He got me back to the hotel 3 nights in a row by staying on the phone with me ,due to me being lost in Santa Fe. It is a perfect place between downtown and shopping malls. I will stay there the next time I go to Santa Fe. I was there for the Indian Market and they gave me advice on what to do to get good parking downtown and what to expect since this was my first time. They are the best !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LMellijor

Dear LMellijor,

Thank you for such a positive review and 5/5 rating! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and was able to take advantage of our great location. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a change a plans and reserved this last minute on-line on a busy weekend. The front desk check-in was efficient, friendly and actually he went out of his way to help us and explain the area and local restaurants. The room was what I would expect from a Comfort Suites, it was clean, roomy and we had no complaints other than the room AC didn't really work that well. It was a bit hot and stuffy in our room that night. There was plenty of room to stretch out which we really needed after staying the previous night in a small cramped room. We were not impressed with the breakfast the hotel offered -- very basic offerings and anyone with gluten issues - well it just wouldn't work. They had fruit but it looked horrible. All in all it was a positive experience for type of chain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear opgal1,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you ended up with a bad AC. We do regular maintenance and renovations from time to time and AC issues are now resolved. I agree on the importance of having a gluten-free option for guests with allergies. I will promptly relay your concern to management. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave your comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a nice establishment. Clean and well maintained. It was a bit hard to find as it is located behind another business so you have to be on the lookout for their sign.

Free breakfast was nice and not usually an issue to get a table.

The front check in folks could probably use more help. The day we checked in the person was working with us, and handling all the incoming calls at the same time. So, both processes were slowed. More of a "labor" issue I imagine!

1  Thank mcmmwm

Hello mcmmwm,

Yes, we were short on staff for a brief period, but we are now back on track! I apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused. Please do come and see us again, and thanks for the 4/5 rating!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

this was our second stay at Comfort Suites on Cerrillos Road in Santa Fe. stay was very pleasant as always right up until we were checking out. I was outside loading my car, I finished loading and reached for my keys, I had apparently misplaced them, or lost them...still not sure. My keyring had my car key, rooftop luggage trunk keys, and our house key on it. After I frantically unpacked my car and searched everything again, I still could not find them. I informed the front desk, and she informed the manager, ( Mr. Patel) who promptly showed up and met me at my car, he graciously offered to help me look once again, still no keys. I was at a loss as to what I could do. I have a car that has an older "smart key". These type of keys are expensive, and hard to make. Instead of just giving me a phone number or two he offered to make any calls I needed, and used his own personal phone to do so, in order that I could keep looking for the keys, he had already spent about a half hour out of his day to stay outside with me and help out. At this point is when he informed me that he was a member of AAA, and offered to have my key made using his own personal AAA membership. The key cost $180, of which AAA covered $150, so I would only be out of pocket $30 for a new key. The manager stayed with me the entire time while waiting on the locksmith, (about an hour), got my key made at a cost of $30.
He went out of his way to help me out, and continue on my vacation with my family, He graciously used his own personal AAA membership to get me out of an extremely stressful situation far away from home, and I am grateful to him for helping out as he did! Saved me $150 in the process! We need more people out there willing to help others out in this manner, I will certainly "pay it forward" if the situation presents itself, and he certainly earned a loyal customer anytime I am In Santa Fe!

Thank you so much Mr.Patel !!

Room Tip: third floor rooms are the quietest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff V

Hello Jeff V,

I'm happy you had a chance to meet Mr. Patel! That sounds just like him. I'll tell him you said hello. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

after travelling to many hotels across USA the only negatives I will comment on is the use of the word "suites" a half wall does not make a suite. Also Noise levels from Cerrillos Road traffic is high. Breakfast is what one expects from a free breakfast for this caliber of hotel. Bedrooms are clean- a bit cramped for 2 people could not imagine 3 people in this room. We have visited SFNM about 6 times and next visit will be spending a few bucks more for a site off Cerrillos Road.

Room Tip: elevators are very busy early am with the staff preparing for the room changes- make sure you are aw...
1  Thank Boneboyj

Dear Boneboyj,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve, and your comments will be strongly taken into consideration for future renovations and other possible improvements.