“No problems. Exactly what you should expect at a Comfort Suites.”

Comfort Suites Santa Fe
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 15, 2013

No worries here. Very nice place. Contemporary rooms, with granite counter tops, comfortable beds, decent hot breakfast in the AM. Got a great night sleep. I'm giving it Five stars based on value ... I only paid $79 on a Friday night, so my expectation wasn't enormous, but it was just fine. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only knock I'd give it is that it's a few miles from the square at the center of Santa Fe, but if you don't mind a five minute drive, it's all good. Also, it's kind of set back from the street. We drove past it the first time. Look for the Super 8 sign, and this is right behind it. I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: I think they're all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 66Champs
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for the navigation tip for our visitors...and for rating us 5/5!

We like to think of our hotel as a sure thing for comfort, service and a great night's sleep at a great value, and I am happy to hear that we have indeed met your expectations.

We want visitors to have the best experience possible while visiting Santa Fe and are happy to be a positive part of your experience and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Comfort Suites Santa Fe was very clean, updated rooms, fantastic service and wonderful breakfast and very reasonable rates. We were there after a visit to the Balloon Festival and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ken6370
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you were able to relax during your stay with us and that we have met all of your needs to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to give us an all 5 rating!

The Alberquerque Balloon Festival has been around since 1972 and is a long standing tradition that takes place every October. We hope to continue to share in this new tradition with you and see you next time!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

When booking a room for our 2 night stay in Santa Fe, we decided to try a different hotel from our last visit. Based on reviews from TripAdvisor, we chose the Comfort Suites. With our AARP discount, one night was $89 and one night was $98. We had stayed at the Comfort Suites in Roswell the night before for $71 and I must say the Roswell experience was much more enjoyable and luxurious. Upon checking in, there was a gentleman working the desk and towards the end another gentleman came behind the counter. While I was there they began speaking to each other in a foreign language. I find it to be very rude to others to speak a different language in front of them. Do you have secrets you don't wish guests to know? We unloaded our bags and went into our room. At both the Roswell and Santa Fe locations we had reserved a suite that included a microwave and fridge. In Roswell our room had a large tub and shower with both a regular shower head and rain shower head. This location had a standard tub and shower head. Later that evening after taking a driving tour of the town and having dinner, we were back in our room and decided to go downstairs to have a cup of coffee and look through the travel brochures in the lobby. When we got down there, there seemed to be a Christmas party in full swing in the lobby AND breakfast area. It seemed we even recognized people we had seen working behind the desk enjoying themselves. There were no less than 30 people down there and it was quite loud. Needless to say we skipped the coffee AND the brochures. The next morning we wanted to have a good breakfast before we went up the mountain. Unfortunately, once again the same loud group of no less than 30 people had taken over the breakfast area. After this, we decided to spend as little time relaxing in the hotel as we could. The next morning, we readied our items to check out, loaded the trolley cart and headed downstairs. Once again there was the large crowd of people in the breakfast area. My mom said for me to stand inside with the trolley while she went and started the car and waited for it to warm up. I was going to check out while she was warming the car. As it was below 30 degrees outside, I stood inside for a good 10 minutes. I was standing directly in front of the desk with the trolley and during that entire time NO ONE was behind the desk or in the area OR came to check us out. As I was waiting the crowd in the lobby/breakfast area started to gather their things and head out. They were milling around right in the doorway deciding who was riding in which vehicle, if they had all their stuff, etc. Our car pulled around, I started to push our trolley out to the car and the people just remained their in the way. I had to say excuse me several times and quite loudly over their conversation before they moved out of my way. Now, if these were just regular guests as we were, then I place the blame on their lack of manners. However, as we frequently saw what appeared to be hotel employees we had seen before with these individuals, it led us to believe that the owners/employees had friends/family staying there and allowed them free run of the hotel and facilities and chose to neglect their other customers to entertain their friends/family. Other than those incidents, we had a nice stay. In comparison to the Roswell Comfort Suites, I would say we paid more for being IN Santa Fe than for amenities and quality of the hotel. I understand that there are a great deal of more luxurious lodging items that boast an equally luxurious price, but you would expect more from businesses that are trying to stay afloat in this ever changing economy. We will probably try a different hotel the next time we travel to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Samantha S
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Samantha,

First of all, I want to offer my sincerest apologies for your sub-par experience while staying at our hotel. I spoke with the owner of the hotel and informed him of your concerns, and he is very concerned indeed. He has also called the front desk to ask what went on around the time of your stay. I sincerely do feel very disheartened with your bad experience at our hotel. We were not, however, able to figure out exactly what went on, and we are still investigating.

The group that you were referring to was a group that was all of one nationality . We all remember that they had booked 5 rooms with us. We even remember that they were all booked together via Expedia. They do not, however, have any relationship or relation to any of our staff. They were purely guests. The confusing part is, we do not have any employees of the same nationality as those guests, in particular, working the front desk area at all. If there was anyone on our staff speaking another language in front of you, it would have been some of our cleaning staff who only speak Spanish.

Things are more likely to be not quite the way they usually are, around the holidays, as was the case with our extra-large and extra-festive group of guests. I am by no means implying that that would suffice as any kind of excuse for your poor experience, nor do I intend to deflect responsibility or blame for your bad experience. We take full responsibility and should have made extra efforts, as necessary, to make sure your needs were met. We will certainly look further into what you are describing to be sure we are not overlooking any errant employees or gaps in performance that we can get corrected in circumstances such as this, and in all cases for that matter.

Again, our sincerest apologies. Thank you very much for your honest feedback and I wish you a happy and prosperous 2013.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel quite frequently for business and am always on the lookout for an affordable place to stay. I went through a number of hotels in Santa Fe before I found the Rodeway inn. Reasonable prices, very clean and the staff are really great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cindy b
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We found the Santa Fe Comfort Suites to be comfortable and well-maintained. It is a great place to spend a few nights while visiting Santa Fe. Our room was clean and the furnishings up to date and fresh with an up to date television. Breakfast was good.
The staff were friendly and responsive to our questions.
The location is convenient to the tourist areas, shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy W
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate us 5/5!! We are so delighted to hear that we were able to keep you happy and cozy during your visit! We take a lot of pride in keeping our facilities as clean as possible and that we are an entirely non-smoking hotel.

We like to keep everything clean, current and lively, thanks to our great location as well as our active pace of maintenance and customer service here. Glad to hear you took advantage of our free breakfast buffet too!

Happy holidays, Cindy, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We left the CI in Los Alamos and drove to Santa Fe in early October. This Comfort Suites turned out to be very enjoyable and we were there for two nights. The front desk staff were very good. My wife and son enjoyed the pool. It was well maintained. Breakfast was very good. They had great cookies and lemonade in the lobby. Everything in the room worked well and it was very clean and in good condition. If we return to Santa Fe we will definitely stay at this CI.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Grandriver125
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful words. We are glad all of our accommodations made your stay very comfortable. It's always rewarding for us to earn positive feedback from the great care we take in maintaining the smallest details for our customers. We appreciate you ranking us at five out of five in every category. Please come back and visit us again soon. Take care.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times in the past years and I have to say that there is never any surprises. By this I mean that I am always overly satitsfied with every aspect of this property.
From the greeting at the door to the rooms to the great breakfast layout, I feel comfortable and relaxed the minute I pull into the parking lot, because I know that I will enjoy my stay and will get a great nights rest. As a added note I take a crew of 10-12 employees to this property each year and they would not let me change places even if I wanted to. I travel alot on business and for personal relaxation, so I do stay in alot of different cities. But I can say thumbs up on this place and thier staff.
Russ G
Durango,

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business