New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Value/Good Place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Santa Fe New Mexico

Days Inn Santa Fe New Mexico
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Booked a two night stay through Priceline, and as I write this I am sitting in the room on night one.

Let me start by saying that the pictures you see of this hotel online are very deceiving. It looks nothing like the beautiful Days Inn Motel that they make it out to be. The lobby should have been my first indication to turn and run, but I thought, "Hey, I'll give it a chance." When we got into the room I was met by the foul stench of stale cigarettes (from a non-smoking room no less). The room is dirty and the bathroom is moldy. The cleaning staff must consist of very short individuals because there was trash left on the shelf of the closet which I could clearly see, and I'm only 5' 8".

At about 7pm we returned to our room after eating at the Denny's down the street and could not figure out what the foul odor in our room was. My wife thought it was the smell of food coming from the restaurant across the parking lot, but as a Sheriff's Deputy I immediately recognized the odor as marijuana. I stepped outside to see if someone in a nearby room was smoking and realized it was an employee from the restaurant. He saw me watching him and immediately went back inside.

There is nothing good about this motel and I would never recommend it to anyone. I'm glad I have my firearm with me tonight...

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The property is well maintained and in a very good location. We were only there for one night to visit a friend. I felt comfortable and secure. I will use this hotel again on my next visit to Santa Fe

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank George S
Kishan P, Manager at Days Inn Santa Fe New Mexico, responded to this review, July 15, 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am happy that you liked our hotel, staff, breakfast, rooms and all the facilities we provide.
We hope to see you guys again and Thanks again for choosing Days Inn.
Roswell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had stayed this hotel when it was under the management of another company. This time I stayed at this hotel with my husband and another couple. Our rooms were very clean and quiet. Hotel staff was very good. Quick check in and check out. It was great experience.

• Stayed February 2014
7 Thank Buffington123
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We hope to see you guys again and Thanks again for choosing Days Inn.