“great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Toronto, Canada
“great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

the staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms a good size and very clean. Great area.We found the laundry room very helpful for that time or our travels, and it came in handy, and we were able to buy the soap etc, right there in the lobby/Always nice to be able to get our laundry done before running out of clothes

1 Thank Marilyn S
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi Marilyn,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. It was great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its services. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Santa Fe.
Barry Baxter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Belton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very nice hotel right on one of the main roads in Santa Fe. We found the staff to be very friendly. The rooms are very clean and I think most of them have a balcony. There is a restaurant in the hotel that serves standard food for dinner but it was very good and extremely large portions. There are however several restaurants within walking distance

2 Thank wanderingwonders
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hi Wanderingwonders,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experiences. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to the area.
Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree over Memorial Day weekend 2014. I found the hotel to be very clean and our room was also very clean. The staff were friendly. The pool is a bit small for a busy weekend but if you are not there to swim then it's no big deal. It seemed to be a great location--not far from The Plaza and not far from several highly rated restaurants in the area. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hi Brett,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am very happy you enjoyed the hotel and the area. I hope you will choose us again on a future visit to Santa Fe.
mid-west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Spent several nites there in a King Suite last week. It was a very comfortable stay and I really want to take my hat off to the designer of the room and the hotel. Everything was very well done.
Another thing I liked, help yourself luggage trolleys in the entry way. Traveling by car, I don't pack as tidy as one does traveling by air. So it was very easy to pile everything on the trolley and up to the room. Same when it was time to leave.
I found the staff to be very friendly. Buffet breakfast not great, but certainly OK.
Santa Fe is a town that is easy to get around. The hotel is just a 10-15 min drive to downtown...10-15 min to the best restaurants noted on TA. And the DT room rates are much lower then the downtown hotels.

Look forward to a return to Santa Fe and the Double Tree.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi aerodog,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the services and amenities we offer. I hope we can welcome you back on a future visit to Santa Fe.
Lakewood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here over memorial day weekend, paying extra to have an indoor pool in case of bad weather. Upon Check in we were informed that the pool was closed due to lightning. We went to their woefully understaffed restaurant so as not to have to venture out in the rain but soon wished we had. When we arrived there was one other couple just leaving and about twenty minutes later many bikers came in and filled up the place. Our food took 75 minutes to arrive and then the pizza was burnt, my sandwich melt with fries was thoroughly cold. My wife's salad was ok, but the chicken was not spiced or blackened in any way as the menu had stated. During our stay we met many others who found only disappointment in the restaurant. Definitely way below standards for a Hilton, more like a howard johnsons.

The room had no balcony as advertised and the fridge was off and full of water when we arrived so that upon opening, we were greeted with a gush of water onto our feet and the hallway, now soaking wet for the rest of our stay. The WiFi was spotty at best, the hot tub was full of flies and even after complaining it was still full of flies days later when we left. How this place got to be a Hilton is beyond me. If you are used to a true Hilton,, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
Green Features: glip glop it wont accept anything else didnt see anything Good home for dead flies in the hot tub though
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Fred G
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Fred,
I wanted to apologize once again for the issues you experienced in our restaurant. As we discussed during your visit, many guests made the same decision to eat in our restaurant due to the storms as you did, which did catch us a little off guard and understaffed for such a busy night. I am extremely sorry that you had this experience in our restaurant and hope you were able to utilize the items that I gave you for the inconvenience. You had not mentioned the other issues you experienced during your stay to me and I would like to learn more about them. This is the first time I have heard about flies in our hot tub or your fridge being unplugged. Please feel free to reach out to me at 505.913.2660 as I would like a chance to learn about these and to make it right for you. Closing our pool during lightening is not a hotel policy but a regulation for guest safety. I do apologize that you were not able to utilize the pool that night but guest safety is important to us and we follow all regulations required for operating a pool. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences as we take them seriously and will try to use them to improve our services in the future. I hope you enjoyed your time in Santa Fe, even with the storms, and that you might give us another chance on a future visit to the area.
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the moment that you pull up to the front door until you leave all your needs are taken care of. My room was great, the pool was really fun, swim on the inside to the outside of the hotel and the hot tub was relaxing. My room was perfect with a great view. Just a great experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Jesse B
Hi Jesse,
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and its service. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to the area.
littleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My stay in Santa Fe was for a funeral. I have stayed at this property before and will continue to do so in the future. Staff is very friendly, rooms are excellent and my experience at this property has always been the best.

1 Thank John J C
Hi John,
Thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay with us.
We appreciate you coming back and hope you will continue to do so in the future!