“Good hotel to stay a night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Checking in was smooth and hotel was nice. When getting up early in the morning around 5:45p went to the front desk to get my bill and nobody was around. After knocking on some doors a guy from the front desk comes out half asleep and tells me that i would have to wait 5 minutes because he just restarted the computers. He was sleeping.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edwin P
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Edwin,
Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, I will pass your comments on to the appropriate manager and make sure this is not the experience of any future guest. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and hope you will choose us again on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel was great but it takes people like David to make traveling enjoyable. David went above and beyond in helping us ship a package home. He first took us to the mall to ship the package but everything was closed. He than secured a box, found some tape and printed the label for us. The next day, he made sure the package was picked up. The package arrived in excellent condition.

Again, thank you David.

Frank & Carol Scibek

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank scibekc
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi scibekc,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and for mentioning David's service in your review. It is always great to hear about our team from our guests, I will make sure David sees your comments. Thank you and we hope to have you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were disappointed in the number of Hilton Honors points that were required for our stay at this mostly mediocre hotel. There was no breakfast of any kind offered (your competitors have you beaten on this point), we had to ask for shampoo, toilet tissue and kleenex, since our housekeeping staff didn't provide it in the "cleaned" room, and only part of the trash was removed. Pretty mediocre and overpriced--especially for "off season".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry you had these experiences. We definitely do have a full restaurant with both a menu and a buffet for breakfast. I will pass on your comments to my Executive Housekeeper in an effort to improve our services. I hope you will give us another try on a future visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My experience was so great, I'm considering holding a conference at this hotel.

Hotel pro's:
Not far from downtown.
Nice amenities (workout room, pool, hot tub, laundry, fast wi-fi)
Really nice room - I love Double Tree beds/linens. And I love that when you walk in the room there is classical music playing.
Right next to shopping and a nice movie theater.
Nice lobby area.
Amazing staff and customer service. I was really impressed by how attentive they were and kind. It's always nice to check into a hotel and get a smile and ask if there is anything that you will need during your stay.
All in all, it was a great stay, and I would definitely stay again my next time in town.

Room Tip: Top floor was great.
7  Thank ncreviews

Hi NCreviews,
Thank you choosing to stay with us and for the great comments in your review. We look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Arrived at hotel later in the evening. Hotel was very easy to find. Hotel staff was great and hotel was very clean and nice. Great beds. Would recommend this hotel and will stay here again if in the area. We are a Hilton Honors member and was up graded to a suite upon arrival.

6  Thank michaelbK8655FS
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for the kind comments and for being a loyal Hhonors member. I am happy we were able to get you an upgrade and that you enjoyed our hotel and its amenities. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The service is what makes this place memorable! Amanda at the front desk is AMAZING she really wanted to make sure I had a great stay she even remembered my name!! I saw her remember others names as well, we all felt special and connected to her, just a genuinely caring young women. As was the rest of the staff I encountered....Only worry was that we over heard the bartender and maintenance man discussing BED BUGS!!! not sure if they were just on that topic or if the hotel is suffering from an epidemic - We did not see any signs of bugs during our 4 night stay. HAVE FUN.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MaryGeorge d
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hi Mary,
Thank you for the great review! I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay and the great service you experienced. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This location in my opinion is the best place to stay in Santa Fe. It is within a few blocks of the Mall, movie theatre and many restaurants to chose from. It is roughly halfway between the airport and downtown. The hotel restaurant offers a full hot breakfast and is open for dinner. There is also a gym and pool. I never had any problems with traffic or any other inconveniences during my stay. This hotel is also a great place to stay if you have kids.
Customer service is excellent at the Double Tree. David, one of many friendly employees I spoke with was more than helpful during our stay--with discounts setup with neighboring restaurants to the hotel shuttle service, this hotel offers a lot of great amenities. Have a nice stay in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony. Try to get a rom that faces west. The sunsets from Santa Fe are really nic...
4  Thank Ron G

Hi Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the great comments about our hotel! We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us and we hope you will do so again on your next visit to the area.