“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Scottsdale, Arizona
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. It's about 10 minutes from the plaza, but was so reasonably priced it made up for the drive at a time not many room were available in this town or were super expensive. They greet you with a warm signature chocolate chip and walnut cookie. The staff was so friendly and will hand you these cookies upon request anytime. Loved it. The hotel and room are beautifully decorated, the beds are comfortable with fluffy blankets and goose pillows. They also have a mini fridge and microwave in each room with the best coffee both in room and in the lobby in the morning. Very pleasant suprise for our trip and we come to Santa Fe often. We will definetly be staying again, we are addicted to the cookies (which you can buy by the tin)!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank kara w
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi Kara W,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again and will have plenty of warm cookies waiting for you on your next visit.

Barry Baxter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was excited for family vacation for kids spring break until we got here. I decided to come here for hilton resort reputation but was wrong. I never stayed on first floor where your only protection and barrier from outside is a glass door. When I asked the clerk in front desk for upper levels she was obviously unpleasant and said 'we have a secueiry guard' like I was asking too much. That made me very uncomfortable. Since then, she avoided greetings or any eye contact the whole time we stay there. I truthfully don't care but it may upset some people, after all it is service! Also for what I paid, other hotels provide complimentary breakfast which they have none and charge for mediocre menu for $12.99 based on other reviews I read. The room is also very small and swimming pool had too much chlorine kids complained itching skin for hours after. And they closed the pool on the second day with an excuse for maintenamce. I would not suggest his place at all for the price you consider.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank echoidc
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Echoidc,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We should have done a better job at honoring your request for a higher floor and making sure you were in a room that fit your needs. I expect our staff to provide a high level of service and I sincerly apologize that we fell short in this instance. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

NY
Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a GOLD Hilton (Marriott and Hyatt) member, I stay at my share of hotels. The DoubleTree Santa Fe is a great hotel, if the main purpose of your stay is NOT to rest. My one and only complaint is that we could clearly hear ALL the sounds from both our neighbors and walking noise from the room above us. We traveled with our 4 and 7 year olds and we were unable to sleep until about 2am on both nights when the neighbors quieted down (only to be awakened at 6am both mornings by the walking of person above)

My children used the pool, which was perfect for them...it could have been a little warmer, but that didn't stop them. The minimum pool depth is 3'6", a bit too deep for the 4 year old, but he had fun in the jacuzzi. The room is very warm with towels provided, and a swim in/out to the outdoor pools.

The restaurant for breakfast was excellent. I always love the DoubleTree breakfasts because you get fresh fruit (nothing from a can). A very good selection was provided and our waiter Jim was very kind and friendly.

The check in/check out experience was good.
The location is great. I was a bit disappointed that we weren't staying near the plaza, but in hind sight, it was better for us that we didn't. There is plenty of restaurants/shopping near this hotel and it was very convenient to the various activities we did.

Overall, I do recommend the hotel, but NOT if sleep is important to you...i.e if you are on a business trip

1 Thank Carrissa
Hi Carrissa,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry about the noise issues during your stay. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and I apologize for your experience. I am glad the remainder of your experiences with our hotel and the service of our staff was great and I hope you’ll visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed a night at DoubleTree at Santa Fe and it was one of the best stay we had ever. The service and front desk were excellent and very friendly. The hotel is very clean and neat. We really loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Naser T
Hi Naser T,
Thank you for such a high compliment to our service and accomodations. I hope we can have the chance to welcome you back again on a future visit.

Cannon Falls, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, good location as very close to downtown and easily navigated around town from this location. The staff were very good with attention to detail. The beds were wonderful and I am quite 'picky' with comfort and this hotel is quiet and comfortable. The pool/whirlpool is a bit small but perfect for kids. The fitness center has all of the equipment needed for a good workout. The internet worked fine. I really liked the balconies in each room, very nice touch to the stay!

4 Thank Michelle M
Barry B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi Michelle M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities and service and I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to Santa Fe.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was an excellent choice for our family trip to Santa Fe. There were absolutely no problems of any kind. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The lobby was welcoming, breakfast was great, and our family enjoyed the pool The cookies are a nice touch. We would definitely stay here again.

4 Thank Beverly C
Beverly C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again on a return trip to Santa Fe.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We selected the DoubleTree by Hilton in Santa Fe over this Spring Break Weekend mainly because our favority downtown hotel was booked. So, we looked for a hotel near one of our favorite Santa Fe restaurants, Plaza Cafe. The Hotel staff and accomodations met Hilton's high standards, however a lengthy and loud party in the hallway at 2AM (yea sping break) and an outrageously expensive breakfast buffet ($12.00) were major distractors. I would have expected hotel security staff to intervene sooner (at all) to ask the party people to quiet down given this property is relatively small. The breakfast "buffet" was little more than a Holiday Express buffet with a couple more options. Given that there are far too many local breakfast choices (The Pantry, Plaza Cafe) and other nearby hotels with free hot breakfasts, $12.00 is way too much for sliced cantelope, boxed cereals and luke warm eggs and sausage links. A hot cookie is nice but an affordable hot breakfast is what will bring me back as a guest.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CCMS_1131
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello CCMS_1131,
While sometimes there is not much we can do to prevent noise disturbances such as the one you experienced, we should be better at responding to and taking care of the issue. I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay and while not normal our hotel, our 24 hour security staff is trained to handle situations like this when they arise. I am very sorry they were not able to quiet down the other guests in a more timely manner. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this or any other issue you experienced during your stay. (505)913-2660. The cost of our Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet is competitive with similar breakfasts in the area and has a large variety of choices as well cooked to order omlettes, pancakes, and eggs any way you like if the hot food on the buffet isn't what you are looking for. We also have a full menu to choose from if you would like something that you don't find on our buffet. I am happy the service of our staff and your accommodations were great and I apologize for the noise issue experienced. I understand you have a lot of choices in Santa Fe and I hope you will give us another try on a return visit to the area.