“What you should expect in a hotel.”
Review of Inn At Santa Fe

Inn At Santa Fe
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver CO
“What you should expect in a hotel.”
Reviewed August 3, 2006

Hotel was clean, which is a reqirment for me in any hotel. Room and bathroom were on the small side. They served breakfast that had many options. The hot tub was great. The pool is heated, and the water felt good, however the pool is small. Staff was nice, and helpful. Overall it's what I expected from a Sleep Inn.

4 Thank HKM176

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2005

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn in Santa Fe after my horrible experience at the nearby Comfort Inn. I was treated as a VIP and valued guest. The accomodations were no less than what I expected of a Choice property and Sleep Inn. The room and service were well worth the money I paid for a good nights rest.

Stayed November 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed March 31, 2005

Normally I love Sleep Inn because of its quality accommodations at a great price. This time, however, I was very disappointed. The room was fine, but the service was horrible. I called the front desk at 10:15 AM to ask for an extra hour beyond the normal check-out time of 11 AM, but only got 30 minutes. Housekeeping knocked on my door shortly after 11 AM to ask if I was checking out and I tried to tell her that I had a late check-out of 11:30 AM. A few minutes later the front desk called to ask if I was checking out. When I reminded her that I had until 11:30 AM, she said that she had forgotten that she had talked to me. I hurried to get out of the room and then had to wait at the front desk for 10 minutes to check out. By then I was pretty angry and the front desk clerk basically told me that she had to do what housekeeping wanted. Needless to say, I'll pass on this Sleep Inn the next time I'm in Santa Fe. There are many other choices on Cerrillos at essentially the same level of accommodations (e.g., Fairfield, Hampton, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express).

5 Thank 5catkim
cicmanagement, Marketing at Inn At Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 26, 2008
The Inn At Santa Fe has changed ownership and management and has been substantially renovated resulting in a AAA 3 Diamond rating.

While we are sorry that your experience at the Sleep Inn was less than satisfactory, we hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future and encourage you to visit our property to see the improvements first hand. With the change in management, our staff is now trained to use streamlined communication and a systematic approach to accommodating special requests from our guests.

Best Regards,
Christian
Marketing
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed February 28, 2004

If you're looking for a nice, basic motel room that's easy to get to from I-25, you can't go wrong with the Sleep Inn located right off the Cerrillos Road exit and adjoining the Santa Fe Outlets.

For a budget motel, this one's the best deal in town. During my recent three-night stay, I took advantage of an online deal that gave me the third night free ... making my average nightly rate somewhere around $35.

POSITIVES: Doors open to inside corridor, not outside, giving you more security ... Very quiet despite close proximity to I-25 and busy Cerrillos Road ... Free continental breakfast is basic but not bad (biscuits and gravy are quite tasty!) ... Everything is new, clean, and fresh feeling ... Friendly front desk staff and good maid service ...
Right across the parking lot from outlet stores ... Cool adobe-style exterior (like virtually everything else in town) ... Free local phone calls.

NEGATIVES: No ironing board or hair dryers in rooms ... Water pressure is pretty weak in shower (but there is a severe drought there right now) ... No bathtub in the room in which I stayed (just a shower), but I don't know if they're all like that ... No place to eat within walking distance (unless you count the outlets); nearest fast food joint is a couple miles up Cerrillos Road ... Without a doubt, this motel is the farthest away from the plaza of any with a Santa Fe address.

One last tip ... if you do stay here and intend to venture to the Santa Fe plaza, it's a lot quicker to avoid the Cerrillos Road traffic (even though it's a straight shot to the plaza) and just get back on I-25 North and take St. Francis (the next exit up).

12 Thank SFcatamount