“Great atmosphere, perfect accomodations for the longer stay.”

The Santa Fe Suites
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I was very pleased with the service and accomodations. The room was cleaned, floors mopped and vacuumed, dishes done, fresh towels and beds made in a timely manner. The staff was courteous at check-in, breakfast, and check-out. The landscaping was nice and there was a grocery store near by so I was able to use the kitchette in the room. This is the second time I've stayed, and will book again next year. I was placed near the internet service so I could get on line easily. The price was excellent considering the time of year.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank MichiganHorseGirl

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Decent location. Rooms in need of upgrading and repair. Bed must have been a hand me down along with bedspread. Hotel staff knocked on door at 9:30am to see if we were checking out..... they should have known that from our reservation so we didn't appreciate the wake up call. If we can't check in til 3pm, they should leave us along til 11am when check out time is! We were on the ground level and had a noisy guest upstairs til after 1am. All in all I'd stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank roytoy0302
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed here for a week while taking a photo workshop in Santa Fe. Generally this was a good play to stay, though there are some things that need improvement/attention:

What I liked:
Prince is good, room was clean and quiet, coffee at breakfast was good, AC worked, plenty of parking, close to Albertsons, not in downtown area, but close to everything.

What didn't work:
* Rooms are plain, which is fine, but I wish they had at least one chair to sit in, besides the stools in the kitchen. Also, if you're cooking, dishes and utensils are pretty sparse.
* I had to call the front desk each time I tried to use the internet connection in my room so they could reset the router.
* The continental breakfast was very so-so, Costco-like pasteries, no juice, and a few days I had to ask to have bagels.
* One day I left a plastic bag hanging over a chair and cleaning service tossed it out. I complained loudly and they found and returned it, but it should never have happened.
* Almost every day I saw a man hanging out with the cleaning staff, who I never saw working, though I did see him sunning himself a few times. It was just sort of creepy.

So reasonable priced stay in Santa Fe, but with a few drawbacks.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank WhidbeyDave
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We paid $89 a night during the high season using our AAA card. The term suite is a bit of a misnomer as the room is quite small with a kitchen shoe horned into a corner. One does not go to Santa Fe to cook but rather to savor the incredible food. The full size refrigerator was the most used appliance for us. That all being said, the staff was friendly, the bed comfortable and the room clean. It is quite a distance to the plaza area but conveniently located near a shopping center. I would recommend you skip the limited continental breakfast and hit one of the many great places in Santa Fe for a delicious breakfast. Would I stay again? If cost is the primary issue, this is a great choice but I think next time I would pay the extra $50 or so and find a place a little closer to the plaza and with more Santa Fe ambience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Barry19
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I come to Santa Fe a couple times a year on business and this was the first time I stayed here. It used to be the Camel Rock Suites and changed hands sometime recently. Everything else was booked in Santa Fe due to Spanish Market so I tried the Santa Fe Suites because of the good reviews it got here. Not disappointing at all. I had a pretty spacious studio with kitchenette. Room was clean and tidy. It's basic: no frilly toiletries and my room had a stand up shower only, but it was quiet and friendly staff. Comfy bed. Free wifi in room. Very basic cold breakfast served in the lobby mornings. Great location next to an Albertsons and a few restaurants. Free and plentiful parking. If you want upscale this is not the place, but it's a great value in a town that tends towards the extremes of very expensive hotels and B&Bs or cheap, flea-ridden motels.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Lady911Driver
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed here for one when the Lodge at Santa Fe screwed up our reservations (but that's another story). Excellent service and staff, nice suites. Clean, quiet, with a handy-dandy kitchenette. Nearby supermarket is a bonus. Just wish they had a swimming pool, but really, this place is great for someone looking for a break from standard hotels. We wish we'd booked this place from the start.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank americankiwi1
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We were on a driving trip this week and booked one night at the Santa Fe Suites for $99. The suite was very nice and was actually could pass as a small apartment. The bed was excellent, the kitchen was very complete, and the bedroom was actually quite large with a couch, coffee table setup that was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and right next to the suites is a large new shopping center with restaurants and a large Alberson's supermarket for buying supplies. It is located 6 or 8 minutes from the downtown plaza area and is on the main road into town. The staff there was very helpful and was obviously making an effort to make visitors comfortable. We would recommend it. Some of the prices right downtown (ie La Fonda, etc) are much much more expensive. Try the suites! Dave Sharrock

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple