“Very friendly staff and very clean”

The Santa Fe Suites
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We were on a driving trip this week and booked one night at the Santa Fe Suites for $99. The suite was very nice and was actually could pass as a small apartment. The bed was excellent, the kitchen was very complete, and the bedroom was actually quite large with a couch, coffee table setup that was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and right next to the suites is a large new shopping center with restaurants and a large Alberson's supermarket for buying supplies. It is located 6 or 8 minutes from the downtown plaza area and is on the main road into town. The staff there was very helpful and was obviously making an effort to make visitors comfortable. We would recommend it. Some of the prices right downtown (ie La Fonda, etc) are much much more expensive. Try the suites! Dave Sharrock

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank davidleesha
There are newer reviews for The Santa Fe Suites

Reviewed July 8, 2009

If you are looking for a romantic place for the weekend this is probably not what you are looking for.
Having said that, it was clean, quiet, and close to most things. We were in town for the weekend for a wedding and did not spend much time in the room. But staff was friendly, room had everything one could need, athough a bit on the small side. If you are a business traveler or just stopping by for the night it would be a good choice. Breakfast was OK, not over the top by any means, but more than enough to get you going. There was limited sitting for breakfast and you should get there on the early side as food goes fast. . But again it is not a luxury hotel, but a nice safe, clean & quiet place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed June 27, 2009

The complex is basically an apartment complex. Well cared for and safe feeling. Located behind a strip center anchored by an Albertson's grocery store. Close and convenient highway access. Max was very friendly at check-in. Our room, a two double studio, was clean and well appointed with a desk and kitchen table that sits 2. The small kitchenette was stocked with the basics if you want to shop and prepare your own meals (frig, microwave, 2 burners, dishwasher, NO oven, plates, utensils, etc.). We were just there for 1 night on our way to Ouray, CO so didn't really use the kitchen. The complimentary toiletries were low end, but that's not unexpected for the rate paid. The breakfast was adeqate but nothing to rave about. Yogurt, prepackaged fruit cups, selection of danishes, breads, English muffins, bagels, toaster French toast, pretty boring but adequate - as I expected for a budget hotel so I'm not complaining, just commenting. I do wish that breakfast had been made available longer. We walked in right at 9:30 and it was being picked up. As there was nothing fresh that would have spoiled, my thought was to throw some fresh ice in the bowls containing the yogurt and fruit cups and leave it out for another hour - what could it hurt? Otherwise, we enjoyed our night there and would go back. I am glad that we got a better rate through an on-line hotel reservation service - that did save a bit of f of the hotel's website price and made me feel that we got a good value for our money. Had we paid full price, I would have felt disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lv2TravelLK
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our New Mexico vacation. The day before we left I got online and the Santa Fe Suites had such a great price I went with them for 2 nights but I was a bit leary. Well, we found the hotel right off I-25 right behind the Albertson's which by the way has a Starbucks located inside. The suites looked great from the outside, we checked in and the room was nice and clean, everything we could ask for. There was a huge pine tree right outside our window. The room wasn't really big, we had a queen size bed with loveseat but it didn't seem small or cramped. The staff was wonderful, they made us feel quite welcome. Also seems to be a very pet friendly hotel as my husband has a guide dog and other guests had dogs as well. They have the traditional continental breakfast which we didn't take advantage of since we wanted to eat as much New Mexican cuisine as we could while we were there. The many trees right outside our window made us feel like we were in the country and not right off I - 25. The drive to the plaza is quick , 5- 10 minutes so we did not miss staying right off the plaza. We decided to catch the Victoria Williams show at the The Paolo Solari Amphitheater so we stayed an extra night at the Santa Fe Suites and they matched the Expedia price for us. If you get a chance to see a show there, go, as it is magical at night with the stars and moon( bring your pillow for general admin tix as that seating consists of wide concrete steps). I would definitely stay here again!! Thanks Santa Fe Suites for making our trip truly enjoyable!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KathChicago45
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We were unhappy with our original hotel so I went online and found The Santa Fe Suites. My wife and I were extremely pleased with everything here. Clean rooms and great location. They packed a lot of stuff into a compact suite but it did not give you a cramped feeling. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank Onerenegade
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My wife and I recently took our first trip to Santa Fe. We thought it would be fun to take the great American road trip Route 66 etc.... and stay in Santa Fe. We looked on-line for various hotels that looked safe clean and most of all affordable. Often hotels look fab on the websites but in reality are located in less than desirable areas of town or just inconvienient. I am proud to report that Santa Fe Suites exeeded our expectations.
Our trip was eventful. Our brand new 2009 rental car (AVIS) broke down in the middle of the desert. We were located about an our and a half from Santa Fe and literally in the middle of nowhere and it was night!!!! Long story short we were able to get back to Santa Rosa NM and had to stay overnite until Avis brought us a new vehicle. This incident put us behind schedule for a day and we missed our reservation at Santa Fe Suites.
Santa Fe Suites were more than understanding and rolled over our reservation for a day.
The hotel was great!!!!
We will stay there again and I recommend this hotel to everyone considering a trip to Santa Fe. The location was safe and convienient to Santa Fe and great central location for day trips....Taos, Chimayo etc....
I give SFS....2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark Reynolds
Leeds, AL.
P.S.
I am not happy with AVIS!!!! They would not pay for the extra expense we encountered because of their vehicle breakdown. FYI... if you have Cingular wireless you will not have signal in most of NM...only Santa Fe metro.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank timeless1Birmingham
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I recently spent two weeks in Santa Fe, NM on my solo vacation. I found this lovely and comfortable place to stay - The Santa Fe Suites. It is truly a home away from home - my own little apartment. After spending the day driving on day trips all over northern New Mexico, coming back to my own place was heaven. Having a stove and refrigerator in a nice little kitchen is the best way to travel. The accomodations are exceptional, location is great, and the staff fantastic!!! Breakfast is included and the continental breakfast is overseen by the best host you will ever find - Al! If you are going to be in Santa Fe more than a few days I highly recommend staying at the Santa Fe Suites. Best accommodations, great location, and very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo