“Santa Fe Suites, what a deal !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Santa Fe Suites

The Santa Fe Suites
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Broomfield, Colorado
“Santa Fe Suites, what a deal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The property may be in need of some updating but a better deal cannot be had in Santa Fe.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The property is walking distance to a grocery store so stocking the kitchen was a breeze. The wifi was blazing fast, maybe because there weren't a lot of people using it. It was a 15 minute drive to the Plaza and 5 minutes to Trader Joe's. I've already booked my next stay there in May.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fBear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The place was great for our family. We stayed there 2 nights and and had 3 rooms. The rooms are very small, but have a nice kitchen. The sheets were worn out and did not stay on the mattresses easily. However, the beds were comfortable. The location is great. Excellent Chinese restaurant in parking lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gne p
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I are artist educators from Austin, TX. For several summers I have offered week long printmaking workshops through Making Art Safely, Santa Fe, NM. My wife and I have stayed at the Santa Fe Suites on a number of occasions while conducting these workshops.
This Christmas holiday, we stayed for three nights with my mother and daughter joining us. We rented an adjacent two rooms on the South side of the complex at the ground floor level. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were priced at an economical rate. We appreciate the courteous staff and the complimentary breakfast. I also enjoy the location of the complex being out of the traffic noise of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to santa fe the 1st mind you we stayed in one of the luxury hotels in the downtown area, and even then the sofa's were itchy. So this go around we opted for budget travel.
We got to santa fe real late in the evening and the staff was still helpful and friendly. The room was more spacious then we thought considering we were budget traveling, and the kitchenette was a great addition.
The room was clean but it lack the amount of towels we would need during our stay. my life mate simple stepped out and found room service and lucky for us my life mate is Spanish speaking and got all the towels that we needed.
The only issue I would say is the bed is hard as a rock and they only gave one pillow to each person, but hey it budget travel at it best I have seen worse trust me.
The only other issue I saw was that it is not close to downtown and all the hotspots, that did not so much bother us since we are ok taking our car around to see the sights and sounds of the city.
I have to say that it is well kept, non noisy and is close to a residential neighborhood of what looked to be well kept but older homes. I do not remember lots of fast food places near by even though I do remember that a Walgreen is close and a taco/burrito place is near by.
Now coming from San Antonio Texas the gps kind of lead us off when we were 1st looking for it but it quickly rerouted us and we had not issue.
The hotel did offer a continental breakfast but we are not hotel food eaters we want to eat where the locals eat. Can we say Jambo's cafe Jamaican food any one umm uumm good. With that said it's your simple continental breakfast fair. can we say bagel with cream cheese and milk and maybe a fake egg.
So to the budget minded traveler who does not want to sleep with the bugs try this place out, and bringing a extra pillow or two from home you should be just fine.

Room Tip: make sure you bring an extra pillow their seemed to only be one per person. make sure to bring a e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NEVA210
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The staff and service was great at this hotel. However, the rooms were dirty, especially the floors. We were above a couple whose large dog barked all evening. Our room had one large towel we had to share, very thin pillows, and the TV channels that we coild see all had a blue tint.
The breakfast was not great, the room had one small table we shared with another couple. The floor was filthy.
We would not stay again unless we were in a pinch. At $75 a night you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Stone2603
NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Unlike most lodging facilities in Santa Fe which are either located on Cerillos Road or near the Plaza in downtown Santa Fe this motel is situated a few miles south of downtown in the back of a strip mall. The room was large with a small kitchenette. Even though it is not far from several retail stores I didn't find it to be noisy. The price is also quite a bit lower than what one would pay for a room near the Plaza.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank brev
Woodbury, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The room was the dirtiest I ever recall staying in. The carpet was so dirty I hated to walk on it with bare feet. The bedspread had holes in it (presumably from smoking, though the room was non-smoking now). The furniture had worn holes in it. The breakfast was spartan.
The location was acceptable, and the size and design of the room was okay. It was the condition and cleanliness.
I told the desk staff of my above observations, and they agreed it was pretty bad. They noted that some of the buildings (each building has roughly a dozen suites, and there are probably eight or ten buildings) had been renovated, so maybe there are better rooms than the one we had. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has been renovated in the last year or so.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends