“Very dog friendly budget hotel”

The Santa Fe Suites
Ranked #49 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because they only charged a small fee for me to bring my two small dogs and allowed them to stay in the hotel while I went skiing. The only drawback is you can't get your room cleaned but then we just exchanged towels and it was fine. I liked the location but the room where we stayed was very run down and there was a lot of noise. Maybe it was because they grouped all the dog people together but my dogs kept me up all night because of the outside noise. Also you could hear people talking and the shower went off at 2 AM next door and you can hear the pipes and water.

The room is small. There is one queen bed which is very springy and you do sink to the middle. The sofa bed is also very springy and uncomfortable. Once the sofa bed comes out there isn't a lot of room to walk around. The TV was very old and we didn't get a lot of the channels. The coloring was off and was kind of blue. We went skiing so didn't see a lot of TV but when we did, it wasn't good quality. The carpets were a bit run down and the drapes had cuts but I had dogs so I was okay with it.

The kitchen is very small but has everything you need. Only one person can be in the kitchen at once. They had one small knife, and 4 sets of forks, spoons and knives. One small pot, a quart pot and a big sauce pot. The bathroom has only a shower with very low pressure. The room does need renovation. The paint was chipping on the toilet seat.

Breakfast consisted of toast, muffins, dried french toast you heat up and pour syrup, muffins, danish and cereal. They had jam, cream cheese and peanut butter if you go early and milk, coffee and juices. No fruits or hot breakfast. Breakfast is served I think from 5:30 to 9 so it's best if you go early. There is a laundry facility and vending machines. You are supposed to get free internet but we only got it for 2 days. They said the router went out on our side of the building so we had to bring out computers to the office to use the wireless. The staff were friendly and it's right next to a strip mall with Albertsons and some decent restaurants. It was also only about 30-45 minutes from Ski Santa Fe.

I think if the beds were more comfortable, I would have given it a better rating. I'm not sure if I would stay there again but if I have to take my dogs along, I might because not many hotels let you keep your dogs in the room while you are out.

Our hotel faced Albertsons. Maybe if we got a room on the backside, behind the office, it might have been more quiet. Hard to know.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank climbinggirl007

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Booked this hotel on name your own price for 48 dollars. Terrible. Beds are old, springy, and you sink in them. Pretty sure there was pubic hairs in my sheets. Wifi was down in our section. Rugs are full of stains. Would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jjwyski
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Will definately stay here again & recommend. Clean, quiet, great location, good services, great value.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank rechism
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel was different to what we are use to, it is set up like regular townhouses in a open area with a shopping centre and other building opposite. It did not feel like a hotel enviroment at all. The rooms were clean and were fully serviced, there is also some laundry facilities available with dryers all in working order. Breakfast was a bit light on and they were slow to replenish once the muffins and bagel had been consumed.
The only possible problem I can see with this property is if you do not have a car to get around it is a bit of a way out of the main town.
Overall a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, as you may end up climbing stairs with luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mgray1988
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My suite was clean and it had everything I needed during my stay. This hotel offers actual kitchenettes with a stove, dishwasher, pots,pans, dishes and flatware as well as a microwave. There is also a laundry room available.

The hotel is located near a grocery store and Walgreens but it is not convenient to most of Santa Fe's sites. However, sightseeing and other activities are a short drive away.

I really enjoyed my stay and will return the next time I visit Santa Fe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank elizabeth s
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I only spent one night in this hotel even though it's designed for extended stay. The room was nice, had a full sized bed, closet, coffee table, kitchen table, stovetop, fridge/freezer, sink, and bathroom. It was a cute studio apt type place. It also came with toiletries and had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Jnl5002
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The place is dated, but for the price it is a great value. The rooms are small. Each has a kitchen and with children that is a plus.
Our room was very clean and includes daily service.
It is a pet friendly place but we didn't notice any unusual smells in our room.

They were very helpful in accomondating us with the room with two beds.
The breakfast is very small and does not offer much. We had to supplement.
Overall our stay was great and we loved parking right outside our door with all of our ski gear.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family