“Very Pet Friendly”

Hampton Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Very Pet Friendly”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. No problem with the room, typical Hampton Inn. This property is pet friendly with an excellent fenced area for dogs to run and do their thing. Current and previous guests have done a very good job of keeping the dog run area clean. My only complaint was that breakfast stock wasn't maintained. The first morning I had to return 3 times within 25 minutes before the scrambled eggs had been replenished. The chafing dish was near empty the next morning, too. How do scrambled eggs become crumbs?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wadec3
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review and the compliments to our staff. We pride ourselves in friendliness. The Hampton Inn welcomes our guest’s best friends; we love our guest’s pets. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and are taking the right measures to find a permanent solution to this problem. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I like staying at the Hampton Inn and I stayed at three of them during this trip. Unfortunately, this one was disappointing. It was old and worn around the edges. The carpet had many stains on it so I dared not take off my shoes, which I would normally do to be comfortable. The most disappointing part was that the doors (rooms and exit) were built in a way that they would slam if you didn't hold them while closing them. This was very irritating because the guests started doing this at 4 a.m., which woke me up when I was dead tired from traveling through many states. I can't imagine why they would design doors like this or not correct the problem. I never experienced this at any of their other properties or any other non-Hilton hotel. For this reason, I would never stay there again because I can't imagine they would fix all their doors. Also, the cleaning people left a dirty towel on the exit door for some reason. It just didn't look professional (don't know what was going on with that). The staff was nice and accommodating although I was put off at first when the front desk person gave me the wrong directions. She did make up for that. The breakfast was standard for a Hampton, but I passed on the oatmeal this time since it was dried up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from doors slamming in your hallway. Your comments have encouraged us to look into a solution to the problem and we will hopefully be able to correct it. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

cuero, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although the hotel is an older property the rooms were clean and comfortable. In the hall way there was evidence of a couple of leaks that were repaired and the wall paper was damaged.
We stayed there twice and both of our rooms were clean, the carpets were good the bathroom was redone and of course the Hampton promise of a clean duvet for every stay is why I choose Hampton. The other linens were also in good shape. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Cerrillos Road is a very convenient location for all that Santa Fe has to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank galonthego60
Thank you for your excellent review. We did have some leaks do to recent storms but we have taken care of it. Cleanliness is one of our main goals and we take our jobs to deliver clean rooms to every guest very serious. We love to deliver the best customer service available. Our Hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants and shopping malls. Thank you for choosing us as your choice of lodging.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel is situated on the south side of the city on Cerrillos Road which is very busy with many other hotels, businesses, restaurants and a shopping mall. Consequently there can be a lot of traffic in the area. The hotel sits sideways on a narrow lot and can be hard to spot as you drive down Cerrillos Road. Parking is also very tight due to the lot size.

The hotel is a bit dated compared with other Hampton Inn locations but the staff was friendly and courteous. Rooms were typical of this chain and were clean. Price was comparable with other mid-priced chain hotels in the area.

Overall quality was average but I would stay at a different hotel if visiting the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KMP-NH
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our friendly staff; we really pride ourselves in friendly service. Updates are coming soon to improve even further the breakfast area and fitness center. Also, we are currently working on solutions to visibility. The Hampton Inn appreciates your time and hopefully you can come back to experience our renovations. Thank you!
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel seems to be quite old and it shows. There is a stain on the carpet here or there but both the room and hotel public areas are reasonably clean and everything in the room was in good working condition. The breakfast was OK ... I would say slightly below average compared with many other Hampton Inns where I stayed in past years.
The internet access is reliable but relatively slow ... only 512 kbps or so.
The staff was nice and helpful.
The hotel is not close to historic center of Santa Fe but it is 10 minutes or so drive by car. There are many restaurants and shopping opportunities in a close proximity to the hotel.
All in all ... not a bad place to stay in Santa Fe and the room rate was reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank ED5611
Thank you very much for you wonderful review and compliments to our staff. We are really close to many restaurants and shopping opportunities. We do appreciate your comments and we are working on solving the issues you experienced. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I never thought I would have to stay at a hotel for a month. We had sold our previous house and were waiting to close on the new one, and needed a place to be at home . This was it. The staff was exceptional and always ready to help, and provided courtesies that made us feel welcome and comfortable. P.S. The beds are wonderful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank eileen748
Thank you for the excellent review, we are excited that you had such a great experience. Our whole staff is pleased to help any time we have a chance to help. Thank you again for your wonderful review, we hope to see you soon!
Yellow Springs, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Sticky bathroom floor as well as a sticky carpet. I'm just hoping it wasn't bug spray.
The breakfast was not very good.
I have been staying at Hampton Inns for the past few years and have found most of them to be well-maintained and clean,safe and comfortable. This one needs a corporate review.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. All Hampton Inns have the same standards for breakfast and ours follows the same standards. We have recently been cleaning grout and carpets and this may have caused some stickiness due to the cleaning agents. I wish you would have contacted me during your stay so I could have rectified your concerns. I am always available at all times and I do appreciate you pointing out the issues in the room that I may have missed. We have since indentified and corrected the stickiness issue. Hopefully, you can give us another chance, thank you for your valuable feedback.