“Disgustingly dirty. In bad neighborhood - would NOT recommend.”

Hampton Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed June 8, 2012

First off - the carpet in our room was so disgustingly dirty my daughters socks and my bare feet were dark brown within minutes. I've never experienced this ever before in a hotel. Yuck!!
The hotel looked to be very worn. Seems they must have done some type of upgrades, but everything in our room was done very shabbily. Where they must've upgraded the shower rod to a new curved one, they left blatant holes in the wall from the last one. Wallpaper apparently was cut all zip zagged and you could see the awful edges all messily put together. Not sure what cheap contractor they hired, but it definitely showed and looked AWFUL.
For location, this is in a sad, industrial part of town with a trailer park next door. I was a little bit concerned when I saw the location but was hopeful. It didn't end up any better once we got there.
At breakfast, I saw random hotel housekeeping and repair employees hanging out in the back room of the breakfast area - probably the re-stocking room (with the door shut) eating the breakfast. The person who was supposed to be re-stocking the breakfast was apparently chilling back there with them. Not very professional. When we were walking back to our room, I again saw random employees going into the back room of the breakfast area for free food. Wow - where is the manager with all this going on ???
This place was the grossest, dirtiest place I've ever stayed and definitely NOT worth the $100 I paid. I should've tried to get my $ back with their Hampton Guarantee but I didn't feel like fighting with them about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. Disgustingly filthy and gross.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CTmomma444
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We do have many loyal guests who feel our location is ideal for easy access to all of Santa Fe's attractions. I am always available at all times but I do appreciate you pointing out the issues in the room that I may have missed and we have rectified the cleanliness issues. Hopefully, you can give us another chance, we really appreciate your review. Thank you.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Front desk staff was great! as was all the housekeeping staff. this is an excellent property! with great clean rooms and and really friendly staff!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Fabian Q
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We pride ourselves in great customer service, friendliness is our signature. We really appreciate the kind words. Thank you very much!!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is apparently an older Hampton Inn, but it has been kept up extremely well. The entrance way is a bit tight, sometimes making it difficult if someone has parked there to check in. Likewise, it is not the most generous parking lot, but slight care you will be fine. Check-in was easy and the desk clerk was excellent, both in terms of courtesy and helpfulness.

My room was a double queen, and as I have come to expect with more mature Hamptons, the room was not particularly generous in terms of size, but it was okay. The beds and bedding were typical Hampton, which is to say excellent...although I must admit I don't care for their bedspreads. The heat/AC was an under-window unit, but it was controlled by an actual thermostat, making it easy to adjust the temperature accurately; it blew directly on one bed, however. The desk was spacious, the internet easy to connect to, but for the 3 days I was here, it was a bit on the slow side -- for example, streaming news reports worked very poorly. Nice slim television, a good size mini-fridge, and a small microwave. Lighting and decor pleasant. The bathroom was on the smaller size, but not bad. And the rate was very reasonable...for me alone, less than $100 per night.

Location is excellent, the only thing that would be better would be if it were right down in the historic district. But it was just about 5 miles into the historic district on a very good highway with excellent signage. In the neighborhood are a number of popular chain restaurants (such as Applebees and Dennys), an Alberstons grocery store, etc. The hotel is quite a ways from I-25.

Would I stay here again? Definitely...in fact in a few weeks. A very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank vinlyn

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate the kind words! We are really close to many excellent places and very easy access to downtown. We are excited to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you soon, thank you very much.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights on a road trip through New Mexico. The price was right for the room, only a few miles from the main Santa Fe shopping area, and very quiet in terms of street noise. Hotel staff from front desk to breakfast service person were great, so friendly, especially Marcos Perez. He answered all of our travel questions we asked so completely. The beds were so comfortable, room comes with refrigerator and microwave which came in handy. For a dog friendly hotel we did not hear a thing, so if you are coming without a dog, do not worry, you will be very comfortable. My only comment is that I wish the eggs at the included breakfasts were alittle better, would be great to have more of a protein choice.
Stay here, you will not be disppointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andrea N
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, we are always thrilled to see our guests so happy about their stay with us! We truly pride ourselves in great customer service. Our Hampton Inn is close to many areas of interest and our staff is always willing to help in any way. We do have sausages and eggs with breakfast and items do rotate to provide variety. Of course, we are always looking to improve so thanks for the comments. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This property is an excellent value. It is an older property but well maintained, and spotlessly clean. Quiet location. Excellent staff from the front desk, housekeeping staff, and breakfast host. Great breakfast selection. Good location with in easy driving distance of the historic plaza. You can pay a lot more, but it will not be any cleaner than this property. If you are looking for a clean quiet location at a great price, this is it !

Room Tip: Neither side of the building face Cerrillos Road so all rooms are protected from street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GilB867
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We really appreciate your wonderful compliments about our staff. We pride ourselves in cleanliness. The entire team is excited that you had such a great experience. We hope you come back to our Hampton Inn soon. Once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I arrived at midnight and found the night auditor was very helpful in getting me settled in. He also had a great sense of humor and went the extra mile to help me get comfortable. I really liked the friendliness of the staff overall. The rooms are in good condition and clean, and I would recommend it to anyone who seeking a good value. They also have a morning breakfast to get you started on your day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank PTony
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you very much for the excellent review and wonderful compliments on our friendly staff. We really appreciate the review as we pride ourselves on customer service. We are excited that you had such a wonderful experience. We hope to see you back in Santa Fe soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family