WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #38 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Convenient location, very nice people, clean, convenient for business and pleasure trip

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Juan A
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our nice staff, our location is really great when visiting Santa Fe! We are close to numerous great restaurants and within easy reach to all Santa Fe has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We satyed for 6 nights between Christmas and the New Year. The desk staff Mike, Eric and Marlene were all very friendly and knowledgeable. The housekeeping staff Betty, Leticia and Soraya who serviced our room were also very friendly and effective. I do not unfortunately remember the name of the Breakfast Hostess who was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gil J
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review, we are excited that you had such a great experience. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. We pride ourselves in friendly service. We hope to see you again soon next time your travels bring you to Santa Fe!
duluth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

It is more like a super 8 with a Hampton bed in it.

Small, out of date, broken light switch, light bulbs are 2 different colors, HVAC automatically pumps cold air in to room in 10 second random blasts if it is not actively heating. Heating 'auto' is broken so it is heat always on or always off.

Desk staff never even acknowledged me, not even a 'merry Christmas' on Christmas morning, they did like to tal to each other though.

Breakfast was bad, tator tots, limp cheese bagel things with no staff looking after it so it was lacking half the stuff that should have been there.

The cleaning ladies were very nice, the rooms clean, the bed comfortable.

I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and seek them out, this was the worst one I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our housekeeping staff, we pride ourselves in friendly service. However, I do apologize about the desk staff not being up to our standards. We are reviewing the procedures taking the necessary steps so that this kind of incident will not happen again. About the HVAC we have checked them all and set them up to the right setting so that auto will be working. Once again, we apologize for the bad experience but I would like to emphasize that we are grateful for your business and hopefully you can continue using our Hilton Hotels as your preference of lodging.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Not a great location on a busy road into Santa Fe. All the larger rooms seem to be on the hotel front and our room 204 overlooked the lobby roof so no view at all. Poor room layout with coffee making not in bathroom but above the cupboard and previous spills had affected the draws below. Carpet needed a clean. The washing area was in the bathroom offering privacy unlike some Hampton Hotels with the washing area in the main room.
We experienced a lot of door closing noise on the first night and from ice Machine use - so not a great stay and no plans to return – other and newer hotels nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank youngfletch
I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We do have many loyal guests who feel our location is ideal for easy access to all of Santa Fe's attractions. Thank you for pointing out the issues in the room and we have rectified the cleanliness issues. Hopefully, you can give us another chance, we really appreciate your review.
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I travel on business frequently and stay at Hampton Inn whenever I can. This Hampton Inn is very much in line with other Hampton Inn properties. The hotel itself seems kind of "spread out", but it isn't hard to find the room once you get the lay of the land. The rooms were clean and nice. The breakfast area is good and was kept stocked. The staff is great and had helpful suggestions for where to eat. The location is great, as it is right on a major street, but the trees out front make the hotel signage hard to see. I missed the hotel the first time I went by it. Overall a great place to stay, and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Sc00terT
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for your compliments on our friendly staff and amenities. We are happy that you had such a good experience. I do want to apologize for those trees and are looking for solutions to make the hotel more visible but also saving the trees. Once again, thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you soon!
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Every single member of staff I encountered greeted me with a smile! Whether it was the general manager Marcos Perez working at the front desk, other front desk staff, breakfast staff, and housekeepers, everybody was so personable and friendly. I would absolutely stay with them again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jennifer P
Yardley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I travel a lot for work, so instead of going home each weekend, I have my company pay for my hotel stays in different places. Only catch is I have to stay in approved hotels. I was so disappointed in this hotel (in terms of suitability for work) that I suggested my employer drop the hotel from the list. The construction on Cerillos is so bad, it ruins your time getting in, out and around the area. Next door to the hotel is the quintessential sketchy strip mall -- complete with a liquor store with bars on the window and the cashier behind bullet proof glass. I don't know what my employer was thinking making this the only approved Hilton property in the greater SF area.

I couldn't get a "mountain view" room (which is no big deal), but looking at the trailer park next door was not a close approximation. The standard Hampton Inn breakfast was fine, and the staff was pleasant. I was given a nice tour guide booklet about the area at check in and the person at the front desk was kind enough to dogear the best attractions and restaurants. Unfortunately, the nicest smile can never take away from the bullet proof vest I'm guessing she had behind the desk.

Standard Hampton Inn, with fine service and fine breakfast, but just in a horrible area.

Room Tip: After you check in, try to figure out where to park so you can see your car.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EasternPA2
Thank you for comments on our staff and amenities. We take pride in making sure our hotel is in top shape and that our guests are 100% happy. I'm happy to update that construction enhancements on Cerrillos Road are almost complete and no longer an issue. I apologize that the location was not to your satisfaction, however, most guests do not have issues with the location, guests rather comment on the convenience of our hotel to all that Santa Fe offers. As we are on Cerrillos Road, we are close to many of Santa Fe's finest restaurants. We do have standard hotel security for the safety of our guests and we have good relations with our neighbors. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Hotels as your lodging of choice, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Fe.