“Exquisitely charming”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Recently we had occasion to stay overnight in Santa Fe on a return trip and chose the Inn & Spa at Loretto. I had been there once before for Dinner and had fond memories of the place.

Memories do fade with time. It was far more charming than I remembered. The staff, service and accommodations were all well beyond excellent. Our room was spacious, extremely comfortable and had superb views of the mountains. Our brief stay was memorable and we will stay there again.

If you're going to or passing through Santa Fe I highly recommend a stay at The Inn & Spa at Loretto. You won't be disappointed.

6  Thank brewster2456

Reviewed March 1, 2010

We spent two days and nights. Everyone was courteous and friendly in an appropriate manner, remembering and using our last name .
We had a fireplace room which adds so much to a fall or winter stay in Santa Fe.
The location cannot be beat. One block from the plaza and within walking distance to dozens of restaurants and museums. We had a lunch at Luminaria, the hotel restaurant, planning a light lunch... everything was so good we over-ate and had to gladly modify our dinner plans accordingly.
Free wi-fi is always welcome and is available with no irritating steps to go through.

4  Thank fullerdj
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I came to the Inn & Spa to relax and leave the world outside. I couldn't have picked a better place. I was treated like a king from the time I arrived to the time I left. The staff called me by name, had put a picture of my puppies in the room for me(which I had mentioned in talking to the manager of the spa prior to arriving...what a nice touch). I did two spa treatments and they were fantastic! I dined at the restaurant and the food was 5 star, especially the Tortilla Soup; it's easy to see why it's won several awards. The room was quiet and very comfortable. I travel alot for business and loved the bed & pillows. The location of the Inn & Spa was perfect as I walked around the plaza visiting the shops and galleries all day. I would highly recommend the Inn & Spa! Two thumbs way up!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Lexi9901
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Had a good Valentine's Day package rate that included the parking; young man gave us a complimentary upgrade at check-in. Nice lobby, great lounge, rooms are dark but comfy. the bed was the most comfortable bed i've ever slept in, including my own! there was no hot water at the sink, only the tub/shower. the shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/lotions were not new; they were half used.... When checking out, they charged us for parking and the room upgrade. took almost two hours to get it resolved. They made no effort to compensate us for the inconvenience of their mistake. it's a nice place, but i think there are probably better places to stay in Santa Fe..... the nicest employees were the bartender, the valets, and the young man who checked us in. the rest of them need some training,

2  Thank aliciawake
SandyHeydt, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Inn and Spa in Loretto and for your comments. We are constantly training our staff to provide the very best customer service. We are sorry you had a few issues that were not perfect and resulted in an inconvenience for you. We have reviewed your comments with our team so they do not happen again.

I, however, did want to specifically address that you thought the bath products were not new. Each amenity bottle has 2 fluid ounces but the volume of the packaging is larger than the actual product content. This may make it appear as though the product has been used, but rest assured, our entire line-up of Gilchrist & Soames bath products is replaced every time a guest departs.

I hope you will return to The Inn and Spa at Loretto so we may provide you with great service and redeem ourselves.

Stefan Huber

Reviewed January 29, 2010

Was at hotel for business trip........got good inclusive rate.........parking is a whopping $18/day and valet parks and delivers car........no good reason for this as their parking lot is huge and it'd be easy for guests to park for themselves.....the parking area is congested at times and in the cold, it isn't that inviting.......room, as others have noted, is dark because of the paint choice as well as the rinky dink light bulbs used......I think this is a nice enough hotel for location IF you can get a really cheap rate and IF you bring some proper light bulbs!! Did not eat in restaurant nor use spa.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Khkhnm
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This would not be my first choice in Santa Fe but my husband had a business meeting at the Loretto. The rooms are needlessly dark (poorly thought out window placement) but nicely appointed with a color theme of black, white, burgundy and gold that is very attractive. Public areas of the hotel are striking. The location is great. We did not try the restaurant as there are so many excellent dining options in Santa Fe within easy walking distance of the hotel. The valets were helpful which was the only service we really had contact with. The hotel does have a lot of add on charges which detracts from the "luxury boutique" experience they advertise.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank biondabear
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Way overpriced for what you get: noisy ac/heating system in room, stained carpets, filthy vents, dark room!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trippy0nes
SandyHeydt, Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

Dear Guest:
We were surprised when reading your recent posting. The Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe was completely renovated two years ago and was designed to re-create the look and feel of an ancient Native American Pueblo, using warm and vibrant Southwest colors and tones. Our guest satisfaction is very high and we take pride in the training of all our staff, from housekeeping to engineering to the front desk staff. This is why we are so surprised at your comments.
We hope you will visit us again when visiting Santa Fe so we can make you a fan of our hotel.
Stefan Huber, General Manager