“Great location near the Plaza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn and Spa at Loretto

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great location near the Plaza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

We stayed three nights at the Inn in October. The first night in a Standard room and the remainder in a Vista Deluxe. Both were great - clean, with a cozy and comfortable bed. Our Vista room had a larger bathroom than the first room, and a patio overlooking the entrance that was a wonderful place to view the sunset. It is somewhat misleading to call this hotel a "spa" as the services and facilities are limited. This was not an issue for us, but be aware if you are planning for a spa experience. The hotel is in a great location just a block or so from the Plaza. The lobby and bar area are dark. However, we did not find this surprising, given the style and history of the building. The staff at the front desk was courteous. The doormen and valets were all friendly and efficient and were very helpful with directions and recommendations. We enjoyed having breakfast in the courtyard behind the chapel. There are many great restaurants and coffee shops all within easy walking distance, and the galleries on Canyon Road are only a short distance away. We would stay at the Inn again when returning to Santa Fe.

Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sharon W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

I took my Mother to Santa Fe for three days for her birthday and we stayed at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We absolutely loved it and will be returning again one day. Great location, close to beautiful galleries, stores, restaurants, and cafes. Our Vista room had a stunning view of the Sangre de Cristo mountains and the sunsets we saw were beautiful!! Highly recommend the hotel...its just perfect. We really loved it and returned to NYC rested and relaxed...not to mention pampered :)

• Liked — Location, great decor, stunning views!
  • Disliked — Nothing..Loved it all
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank angia85
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I were passing through Santa Fe on a roadtrip and found a deal with the Inn and Spa at Loretto through Travelzoo and decided to give it a shot. It was absolutely incredible and a very unique property. The rooms were beautiful with a very comfortable bed and nice amenities. The town itself has a lot of personality but this hotel absolutely stands out! Highly recommend it to others!
**Only complaint: the bell service/valet is a little slow but nothing terrible

• Stayed November 2008
5 Thank Traveler4411
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

I was afraid I would regret staying at the Inn and Spa at Loretto after reading so many negative reviews. Even though most people who take time to write reviews do so because they are unhappy with their experience, I was still a bit concerned. My friends and I just returned from a long weekend trip to Santa Fe (October 10-13) and I can honestly say we had a wonderful time and enjoyed staying at the Inn.

First, you have to remember that this is New Mexico--a place of quiet--a place of relaxation--a peaceful place. If you think about this fact (and I lived in New Mexico and know this to be true), you will have a much better time. The lifestyle is much more laid back--no one who lives and works here is in a hurry--why worry about things when you have such beautiful surroundings?

The Inn has undergone a renovation. The decor is definitely Native American, but is very tasteful (The La Fonda's decor is a little more "colorful"). The color scheme of dark red walls with black and white trim is carried through to the bathrooms with the black and white tile. Our bathroom (Room 328) was larger than most hotel bathrooms I've seen and had a double sink and nice sized shower/tub combo. The closet is in the bathroom of this room. The beds were extremely comfortable! We had a "shared" balcony and left our balcony doors open at night to enjoy the cool mountain air. The maid service was attentive and our room was very clean. Sure some of the TV stations didn't work, but why watch TV when you have mountains to look at! The only complaint we had (and it was too minor to mention) was that there is no mirror in the room other than the one in the bathroom.

We were very happy with the valet service--they even provided us with umbrellas during the rain storms. We were also thrilled with the concierge service. Both ladies were very attentive and made reservations at some fantastic restaurants! They recommended the restaurant in the Inn (Luminaria) and we had two meals there (both breakfast). The food was excellent! We had the pumpkin waffle, huevos rancheros, and the homemade granola. Delicious! We also enjoyed sitting by the fireplace in the hotel lobby. They have some very good cocktails on their menu!

The location of the Inn is ideal! Just off the main plaza--everything is an easy walk. We enjoyed the O'Keefe museum, the Native American art sale off the plaza, and the beautiful galleries along Canyon Drive. We also took a trip to Cerrillos to horseback ride on Sunday. Wonderful experience.

One in our party had a massage at the Spa. He said it was fantastic.

I would recommend the Inn and Spa at Loretto without question. It is definitely on the high end of the price range, but Santa Fe isn't an inexpensive place to visit. If you're looking for a bargain--try Albuquerque and drive up to Santa Fe for the day.

We can't wait to return!

Stayed October 2008
5 Thank KeithD61
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

I booked the Inn at Loretto because from all accounts it was supposed to be a lovely little inn, convenient to downtown Santa Fe. That is the most I can about this property. It is convenient to downtown and the property itself puts a nice face on. But that's where the nice experience ended. Upon checkin the staff was alternately busy taking personal calls and talking amongst themselves to bother with guests. I booked a middle-level room and I was assigned a room on the parking lot. Not overlooking the lot--it opened right onto the parking lot. I asked to be moved and was given a room overlooking the HVAC on the roof. The rooms are sparse and painted red--maybe that's why I didn't enjoy this! (smile) The shops closed at 5:30pm so I never got to visit them. The room service was slow and they forgot half my breakfast. I should've let them keep it--it was bland, in a city that uses chiles on everything! I enjoyed the hair products provided on the first day, but they weren't replenished on the second. The valets were friendly if you could hunt them down to get your car. And everything at the property was an additional charge. All in all, I'd not stay at the Inn at Loretto again. They've got a long way to go to meet expectations, much less exceed expectations.

• Liked — Property is beautiful, location
  • Disliked — Everything but the location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank shoppingcruisequeen
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

Watch out. Buyer beware. While the location is great, the devil is in the details. We paid extra for a "Vista" room that I understood would have some sort of view and a balcony. My wife called in advance and asked the hotel about the views and was excited about what she was told. Our room was of modest size, our view was of a huge air conditioner unit and a parking garage, our balcony was shared. When we requested a different room, they moved us 4 doors down with a view of a storage building and the same parking garage. We prepaid our reservation through Orbitz, but the hotel added a mandatory $10 per day "activity fee" to use the pool and fitness center. That's the first time I have ever had to pay a fee like that. In advance we requested a baby crib, they quoted us $30 per night for a crib!! We brought our own. That's the first time I've ever heard of a crib fee more than a few bucks, most offer them free. Apparently they don't trust you to leave a decent tip so they tack on a mandatory 20% tip at the spa. When I went to the front desk to check out, there were multiple guests complaining, so I left and went back later. When I returned there were different guests complaining at the front desk.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would not go back. The location was not worth the money. The room was not worth the money. The hotel did not come close to meeting my expectations, and I'm usually very easy to please.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — They did not meet any of our expectations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krapshooter
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

Definitely too short a visit for such a cozy friendly Inn. Our first time in Santa Fe was a treat, we are sure to come back. I had a divinely healing massage at the spa after a day of shopping.

The dinner under a luxurious outdoor canopy lighted by chandeliers and candle light was memorable. Our server entertained us with the story of Kokopelli (SW Cassanova) when I asked about the native design I had seen in town.

Our room was quite large and immaculately clean, the linens yummy. The location was great, we walked to everything. The gardens around the Inn have beautiful bigger than life size sculptures that compliment the building pueblo design, I took amazing pictures.

The music at the lobby bar was outstanding I ended up buying a couple of CDs from the musician. The concierge got us reservations to a great restaurant and a place to go dancing with a live salsa band., we loved that.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, friendliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple