New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

My daughter and I went to Santa Fe for a relaxing spa trip. We both had pedicures at the spa that were over priced and not great but my daughter's massage was wonderful and the hotel itself was in a great location to walk the square. We loved the pool and the bar for having a nice glass of wine in the evenings. We had a large labradoodle with us and noticed a few other big dogs, quite a few small dogs - Santa Fe is very dog friendly and no one batted an eye when ours went running through the bar when he pulled out of his collar - oops! The staff was so accommodating and had great recommendations for food and drink. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Shannon G-

Thank you for choosing the Inn and Spa at Loretto for your recent trip to Santa Fe. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the time you took to post a review. Santa Fe is indeed a very dog friendly town and we always enjoy meeting our guests' furry friends. It sounds like your labradoodle had quite an adventure! Your compliments to our service, spa, pool and Living Room have been shared with the entire team. We all look forward to your return visit!

Tom McCann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We spent one night here while we were in Santa Fe to visit relatives.
The room with a king-size bed was beautifully decorated.
I loved the small balcony with a beautiful view of the city and the stars at night!
The swimming pool is a nice size--a luxury to swim in when surrounded by adobe and a view of the mountains.

Green Features: I appreciated the efforts being made by the hotel to minimize waste,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you Barb M! We are truly honored by your 5-star rating and so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Santa Fe is quite picturesque and the star filled night sky's are unparalleled. We're happy you were able to experience this! Thank you for your compliments to our room décor and pool facilities.We hope your travels bring you back to Santa Fe, and the Inn, very soon!

Tom McCann, General Manager, Inn and Spa at Loretto
Columbus, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We only had one night in Santa Fe, so we were looking for a hotel in the center of the action. This hotel has a great location downtown adjacent to the Loretto Chapel and shopping, we loved the style of the rooms and facilities, and we were able to get a good rate through Expedia, so we booked it. I was not looking forward to some of their services, such as valet parking and bellboys--I just prefer to be left alone to take care of my own business--but I was pleasantly surprised on arrival that their service staff was quick and not distracting. I would still prefer to be left alone though! I found their desk staff to be unfriendly the whole time we were there. They didn't do anything specifically wrong, they were just unfriendly. The photos of the facilities and rooms were accurate--I love the style. It's an older hotel, so it's not crisp, you know, but it is well maintained with current decor and faultlessly clean. Not every building can be brand new and who would want them to be? Loved our little patio and fireplace. I just can't figure out why they don't put some foliage on that rooftop that half the rooms open onto--it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to maintain. The sheets and bed...so soft. We ordered breakfast to our room for 7:30-8, and it was pretty late--about 8:15. We figured they just hadn't gotten our order. Had they come five minutes later, we would have been on the street looking for food already. Check out, once again, surprisingly seamless, valet and all. So, altogether, we had a great stay here, really enjoyed it, though I do think that we would have been disappointed with the our room had we paid regular prices.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LinusAdvice
Dear LinusAdvice,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your thoughtful review. Thank you for your compliments to our accommodations and attentive, yet unobtrusive service. Your feedback and patronage is very appreciated. We hope to have you as our guests again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Best Regards,

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great find in Santa Fe! Planned on staying one day in town and last minute decided to stay an extra night. The desk staff easily accommodated our request - although at 100% capacity - and upgraded us to a suite (including lovely patio deck) ---NICE! Rooms nicely laid out, comfy beds although there's minimal counter space in bathrooms in the traditional rooms. Good bar / lounge area, restaurant just okay and had wonderful massage. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from pool if you are concerned about noise (events are held there during the afte...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear LaurieG110,

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience at the Inn and Spa at Loretto and honored you chose to extend your stay with us. I'm pleased the front desk was able to accommodate you with an extra night and an upgrade - what a treat for your retreat! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe!

austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great location and ambience. Nice setting. Step out the hotel door and you're in the heart of Santa Fe. Very helpful staff. Rooms are well appointed with a small balcony and view. Beautiful grounds. You won't need your car while there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay in Santa Fe unless you want to spend more money on one of the other 2 properties that are more expensive. The spa is wonderful. The rooms were good but not fantastic. The only complaint would be some of the service staff at the restaurant and the room service was a little not up to what we expected. We probably would stay here again if we return. probably...

Green Features: Non smoking property. I didnt pay attention to the rest
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear titaperezPuertoRico,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and spa experience! However, I'm disappointed to hear that you did not experience the exceptional level service from our restaurant and room service that the Loretto is known for. I would a very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further so I may address your comments more deliberately with the team. I've sent you my contact information via direct message. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I usually stay a little more on the budget side however this hotel is worth every extra dime! I love it's architectural style, its sun warmed ambience and great pool. My only real complaints are that my room was too dark and as a tour leader I need to be able to 'see' what I am doing! I will ask for a lighter room next year because I plan to take another group to explore this wonderful city and its environs. I would also appreciate breakfast being built into the cost; it would save complications! Nearby the hotel the arts are astounding. Great food, great museums, excellent shopping (in the hotel also) and in the plaza and of course Georgia O'Keeffe lives on! We went for the International Folk Art Market and the Santa Fe Opera!

Green Features: The hotel has great environmental policies in place. Important in dry country and in a world faced with climate change. I would appreciate the use of less plastic overall but that is a discussion for another time.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Caroled
Dear Caroled,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are truly honored by your 5-star rating and compliments to our architecture and amenities. Knowing that you plan to bring your group back again next year is the best compliment we could receive! We definitely have a room that will better accommodate your needs as the tour leader.

We look forward to welcoming you and your group back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Best Regards,