Just back from two nights at the Inn at Loretto over Labor Day weekend. Stayed here on a special offer which included parking and a hotel credit which was a great deal. Here are my impressions:
- Hotel Restaurant - Luminere's was one of the highlight's of the trip. We had excellent service (with a bit of fun attitude) from a staff member named Melissa - she recommended some of the best dishes. She pushed us to order the Shrimp and Chorizo appetizer and she was right. (I have a feeling she tells the chef what to cook) Also the chicken dish with the crispy skin was one of the best I've ever had. Such a great experience. Highly recommended.
- Lounge Area - Really nice. We enjoyed cocktails here each night. I could have spent more time here and the bar staff was excellent here. They have food too - doing it again I'd like to have had a light dinner here.
- Staff - the staff was very good throughout the property - front desk to valets. Housekeeping also was good. This hotel does not do turndown service.
- Room Service - was very good, prompt and priced in line with most 4 star properties.
- Coffee Shop - there was a cool hole-in-the-wall coffee shop in the hotel. Enjoyed the coffee and muffins here.
- Location - Really close to everything you'd want to walk to in downtown Santa Fe.
- Rooms - the rooms are DARK and dreary. The architecture of Santa Fe is the same everywhere for the most part. Adobe architecture with small windows to block the blazing New Mexico sun. In this case the small windows let in minimal light and they painted the rooms a DEEP, DARK red color with dark furnishings and rugs. Really dreary. We asked to change rooms after the first one had really very minimal light. The first room felt like an inside cabin on a cruise ship. Watch out for inside corner rooms.
- Balconies - From what I can see ALL balconies are shared. So don't expect a private outdoor space in any room. It's just the architecture of the building and again most of Santa Fe is the same way so can't totally blame the hotel for this.
- Bathrooms - The guest bathrooms are also small and very basic. Not much of a luxury feel here.
- Gym - there is a TINY gym maybe 4 people max could fit in. Was a busy little room with minimal equipment.
- Elevators - the elevators are seriously not worth using. Extremely slow - If you can manage it just find a staircase - it will save you several minutes each time.
Overall looking around at other hotels in Santa Fe, the Inn and Spa at Loretto appears to definitely be one of the better places in the downtown area. I wish the guest rooms were brighter and decorated more like the hallways which were brighter. Despite this, I would still recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the downtown Santa Fe area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exquisite Santa Fe, New Mexico hotel reflecting the culture and sophistication of its historic setting, the Inn and Spa at Loretto features 136 guestrooms, a full-service spa, casual fine dining, art galleries and a tranquil garden. The Inn is ideally located in the heart of Santa Fe, near the Palace of the Governors and just one block from historic Santa Fe Plaza's galleries, museums, restaurants and boutiques. Effortlessly blending old-world charm with world-class splendor, this Santa Fe luxury hotel is one of the state's most photographed buildings. Built at the end of the historic Old Santa Fe Trail high in the spectacular Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Inn and Spa at Loretto is an architectural recreation of the Taos Pueblo, a national historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn and Spa at Loretto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn And Spa At Loretto Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel At Loretto
- At Loretto Hotel
- Inn At Loretto