“Awesome staff and rockstar front desk manager!”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Upon arrival to the Inn and Spa hotel we were in awe of the unique architecture and beautiful colors! The lobby is very warm and inviting and the rooms are beautifully decorated. My family and I had reserved 3 rooms and the accommodations were not exactly what we had paid for; however, Josephine, the front desk supervisor, bent over backwards to make up for the unavailability of the room type we were expecting. From always having a happy face, professional demeanor, and a can-do attitude, Josephine was a rockstar employee when it came to making us happy and satisfied. We received the same great customer service from the restaurant personnel and the spa personnel. We ate at the hotel 3 times and the food was consistently great tasting and high quality. This is a great destination hotel and look forward to returning really soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the adjacent chapel have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AdrianaM-2012
There are newer reviews for Inn and Spa at Loretto

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Pulling up to the Inn and Spa At Loretto is quite the experience, with a circular driveway to the front doors, viewing sculptures on the way. Valet was friendly and helpful to direct me where I needed to go. And to Luminaria I went, a beautiful restaurant with professional staff. The tortilla soup is delicious and poured hot at table side, a stand out item on the menu.

From the restaurant to the lobby, which is very spacious with many different places to sit depending on the size of your party, I enjoyed the art and met an artist that was painting near the elevators. Meeting the artist is what Santa Fe is all about. The concierge Jennifer is so knowledgeable and is very helpful, she knew what was going on in Santa Fe. I enjoyed the Inn and will go back again!

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Robert B
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here on a family trip. I was very disappointed to find that the room I booked 4 months ago was not available. The manager did her best to accommodate us, granting free breakfast and parking. It still would have been nice to have that view and the double beds we originally booked. My son ended up on a rollaway. But, this is a beautiful hotel, the restaurant was amazing, great staff, great food, and you're right in the heart of Santa fe.

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank lynnecharl0tte
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe, NM. I am very sorry to hear that the beginning of your stay was not up to par and that your son had to sleep on a rollaway. This is not acceptable and I apologize for any inconveniences that may have occurred due to our mistake. With that said, I appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, restaurant, and staff. My team and I take guest reviews very seriously and pride in the facility and services we provide. Thank you again and I hope you consider the Inn for your next Santa Fe visit.

Stefan Huber

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We run training seminars at the Inn at Loretto, and have done five over the last year. Our attendees, who are business leaders and their spouses, all love this hotel. The food is first rate, and their staff always have the room set up perfectly, and all meals are delivered on time. The classic Santa Fe style is carried out in the architecture, and the conference rooms have color and character. The guest rooms are comfortable, and well appointed. I like that the entire hotel is Santa Fe scale, not too large to feel exclusive and individual. This is just an all-around quality hotel, and we plan to house our guests and run our seminars here for a long time. Erik Berntsen and his crew are as good as any NYC hotel, perhaps better.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank boothstar
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Walking in to the resort, I'm met by the valet with a smile. The concierge knew exactly who I was, and the front desk was so excited to see my puppy and gave him a delicious treat! Each day I was greeted by the staff asking what my plans were, how my dog was, did we have a good walk, how was geocaching (they asked what is was first)...etc.Every person made me feel like I was a good old friend returning home for a visit. I work in the hotel industry as well, and I most appreciate when hotels don't just service and cater to their guests, but they more importantly, genuinely befriend them. And that's exactly how you'll feel when you stay here. Guests are not just a room number, they are friends. The staff takes a genuine interest in each guest. That is what this industry should be, and that truly is EXACTLY what the Inn & Spa at Loretto and their employees are!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank AddisonConcierge
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Always enjoy returning here. So convenient to everything. Beautiful hotel, nice Adobe style. So close to walking to Plaza - for relaxation, romance, dining, shopping - it's all at your fingertips. I do think the $18 per day parking and $14 resort fee is a bit steep. There are less expensive choices nearby and they may want to consider lowering those two fees. Parking at a nearby meter is also free after 6PM Saturday and all day Sunday.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rtffax
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife had a business conference at the Loretto so I tagged along to check out Santa Fe. The hotel looks great when you enter. Courtieous valets took the car and the front desk was nice and friendly.

Our room on the other hand, was okay. The rooms seem dated and have not seen a recent update. The bathroom although larger than normal had a double sink that took up alot of room. Not sure I see the need for a double sink.

The location was fantastic for walking the city. A must do is El Farol and Dinner for Two.

Overall the hotel was above average but I think the rate would make me look at other options if I return to SF.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple