New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
CALABASAS
“A beautiful and tasteful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We run training seminars at the Inn at Loretto, and have done five over the last year. Our attendees, who are business leaders and their spouses, all love this hotel. The food is first rate, and their staff always have the room set up perfectly, and all meals are delivered on time. The classic Santa Fe style is carried out in the architecture, and the conference rooms have color and character. The guest rooms are comfortable, and well appointed. I like that the entire hotel is Santa Fe scale, not too large to feel exclusive and individual. This is just an all-around quality hotel, and we plan to house our guests and run our seminars here for a long time. Erik Berntsen and his crew are as good as any NYC hotel, perhaps better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank boothstar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Walking in to the resort, I'm met by the valet with a smile. The concierge knew exactly who I was, and the front desk was so excited to see my puppy and gave him a delicious treat! Each day I was greeted by the staff asking what my plans were, how my dog was, did we have a good walk, how was geocaching (they asked what is was first)...etc.Every person made me feel like I was a good old friend returning home for a visit. I work in the hotel industry as well, and I most appreciate when hotels don't just service and cater to their guests, but they more importantly, genuinely befriend them. And that's exactly how you'll feel when you stay here. Guests are not just a room number, they are friends. The staff takes a genuine interest in each guest. That is what this industry should be, and that truly is EXACTLY what the Inn & Spa at Loretto and their employees are!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank VnsaHdz987
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Always enjoy returning here. So convenient to everything. Beautiful hotel, nice Adobe style. So close to walking to Plaza - for relaxation, romance, dining, shopping - it's all at your fingertips. I do think the $18 per day parking and $14 resort fee is a bit steep. There are less expensive choices nearby and they may want to consider lowering those two fees. Parking at a nearby meter is also free after 6PM Saturday and all day Sunday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rtffax
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife had a business conference at the Loretto so I tagged along to check out Santa Fe. The hotel looks great when you enter. Courtieous valets took the car and the front desk was nice and friendly.

Our room on the other hand, was okay. The rooms seem dated and have not seen a recent update. The bathroom although larger than normal had a double sink that took up alot of room. Not sure I see the need for a double sink.

The location was fantastic for walking the city. A must do is El Farol and Dinner for Two.

Overall the hotel was above average but I think the rate would make me look at other options if I return to SF.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank gunns4sail
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

So close to the Loretto Chapel, I could almost touch it from my balcony. An amazing room, super comfy bed, and the staff goes above and beyond. I had never been to Santa Fe before, but my experience at Loretto was what I imagined it would be - a whole other world. Just a block off the Square, we were able to go back and forth between the two without getting super sore feet. My daughters loved the heated pool, how often do you get to swim in March? The foo? So delicious! Oh and the must eat attraction at Luminaria is the dessert! Pastry Chef Andrea is so gifted at what she does.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jenny f
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, it is a shame that they do not pay attention to the most basic of details on their guest rooms. The first room that we were put in smelled like camp fire. We called the front desk and voiced our concern. We were told that the smell would disapate by the evening if we would leave the window open. By 1am it was so bad that my son had an asthma attack and I had a migraine. We finally insisted on switching rooms at 2am. We were then put in a room with a nonfunctional AC, the room was so hot that I was unable to sleep. As if that was not enough the bathroom had beetle bugs in it and the mattress was less comfortable than the floor. The next morning we called and had to insist that they change our room. They provided us with a free breakfast but it hardly made up for the inconvience and horrible experience we suffered through the first night.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Aaberger
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This property is wonderful! The staff is very courteous and friendly. The room was lovely and the restaurants were delicious.
The property is in walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend staying at the Inn and Spa at Loretto.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business