“Nice property, centrally located”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Pros: great location, lovely patio restaurant, friendly staff, very comfortable beds

Cons: conceirge was not knowledgeable, there was no toilet paper in the room when we arrived, the resort and parking fees were stiff, there was no covered parking

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ShoeDivaDenver

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great location next to the Loretto Chapel just one block away fro the Plaza, museums, and Canyon Road. The employees were very nice and helpful, and the pool chairs were really comfortable. The restaurant was wonderful with a beautiful patio.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank swtour
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I never write reviews do surveys or anything like that, however, I feel it necessary to share my latest stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretto, in Santa Fe New Mexico. My wife and I were visiting Santa Fe on a little business and a little vacation trip and were checking in on Tuesday the 28th of June. My wife reminded me to use the American Express card as I was checking in due to an on going promo that would save us 20% on our stay, and that you can be upgraded to a larger room with the use of the card, if space is available. I asked the front desk attendant if we could be upgraded and she replied that she was very sorry that the hotel was booked and they were very busy. No problem with us, as every room in this hotel has great views and more than enough room for us to enjoy our stay. The attendant then said to me, "haven't you stayed here before", and we replied many times. The other attendant then replied, yes I remember you also, welcome back Mr. and Mrs.....What a great feeling it was to start our stay with a nice welcome. The lady then said, let's see what we can do, and she proceeded to upgrade us, even though I kept saying that we would be more than satisfied with any room at the hotel. Well, they upgraded us to the room of rooms, with views of the Santa Fe mountains and the city. I can't begin to tell you how great this was, and at no additional cost. Truely amazing.. Our entire stay was one of continued amazing service, from the front desk, to the Valet guys, to the awesome Luminaria restaurant, which is a must visit if your in Santa Fe, the quality of the food, the presentation, the service, the atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating is one of the best in the country. We are nobody special, so don't get me wrong here, I noticed the same excellent and individual service being granted to everyone. It is just an amazing, awesome place to stay, complimenting one of the most historic and nice cities to visit in the country. My hat is off the the staff of the Inn at Loretto, thanks for a great stay, one that we will remember for a long time, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Every room is great
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank BillfromSetauket
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We've stayed at both hotels recently and we bother liked the Loretto better. The major differences we saw ere less small children, more comfortable beds and you can't here any door slamming at the Loretto like you can at La Fonda. We love the bar at the Loretto too. That's an everyday resting spot for us, before dinner. We also bought very nice, quality jewelry from the shop at the entrance to the hotel. We looked at lots of shops on the square and along Canyon Road but found what we wanted from the shop in the hotel. Their inventory is huge! The woman running the shop told us the items were virtually all made by her family. She had detailed information about all of the pieces we considered. We're Loretto customers from now on.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chispa_c
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel totally exceeded all expectations. From the moment we arrived, the staff greeted us by name and took care of everything! Our room was over the top luxury! The bed was very comfortable, the room was exceptionally clean and the view...amazing. The french doors opened to a wonderful patio overlooking the church. The night view of the stained glass was breathtaking. Our first dinner was at Luminaria. Wow. Upon recommendation from staff, we ordered the chorizo shrimp appetizer. I'm still trying to recreate that at home! The sea bass with orange blossoms was like nothing I have ever had. Delicioso! Bartender was great. We had martinis and spicy margaritas. This is on our top 10! We will be back!

Room Tip: Request a room by the church. Pretty view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcinik
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Upon driving into this hotel, my husband and I thought this hotel was beautiful and perfectly located, so close to the Plaza. We were greated by Charyce at check-in and we were treated like frequent guests...she was so happy to see us and very welcoming. Our room was perfect with a balcony overlooking the plaza and the bed was super comfortable. The first night my husband discovered Sergio in the bar who made him a serrano margarita made with pepper infused tequila that insured my husband would be a regular customer the rest of our trip. He said he would go back to the hotel just for that drink but loved everything about it too. We enjoyed the pool, the lovely grounds with all the art and all the friendly people at Loretto. Our last night we had a fantastic evening at Lumanaria on the patio. Something about those bells going off at the nearby church and the romantic ambience of the patio lighting added a special spark to our meal. We shared a 16 ounce steak and had their signature tortilla soup (delish!) which was a much better meal than the one we had at an expensive restaurant on Canyon Road which I will not name. The Inn and Spa at Loretto is befittng as a five star hotel in Santa Fe. We are already thinking of scheduling our anniversary. We found romance, hospitality, great food and drink and a perfect setting all in one!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jojolatour
InnandSpaatLoretto, Director of Sales at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. I look forward to sharing them with the entire team. We strive to make memorable experiences for our guests and it's great to know we succeeded. Please let us know when you want to return for your anniversary. We promise to make it the best ever!

Dana Ortega

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here on May 7th and had booked it through SniqueAway. What a great little Inn. The famed church with the stairway without supports is actually attached to the Inn. The grounds are great and the hotel itself is very nice. We stayed in a deluxe King room that had a shared balcony. Other reviews said they didn't like the colorful walls, but where the heck are you? New Mexico is famous for the southwest decor. The room had a very comfortable bed, nice plasma TV, in room convenience bar and a fireplace. Very nice. The staff was also great. They had a pleasant attitude and were VERY helpful in picking local restaurants. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple