Fort Marcy Hotel Suites
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$159
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$141
$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$135
$118
Hilton.com
$179
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
$223
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$189
Travelocity
  • Pool
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom condowell equipped kitchenhome away from homecomforts of homeparking lotski areaski santa fekiva fireplacewithin walking distancesanta fe styleindoor poolliving areavisit to santa feplaza areaan easy walkshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Apparently it depends on which unit you stay in here, because I was also a little concerned about some of the reviews I read before booking, but on arrival I couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed in unit #78 and it was impeccable. The decor was very detailed - looking much more like a home than a rented condo. The kitchen was stocked with a vast array of dishes, wine glasses, pots & pans, gadgets and utensils. The bathroom was very modern with a hint of southwest - tiled shower 'room', sink was a bowl on counter. The bed was satisfactory. It is correct that the Wi-fi is only available in the lobby which closes in the early evening. Also, if you're checking in after that time there are instructions on the door, but I did find it odd that they didn't mention that when I booked. I would definitely return to Ft. Marcy if I ever get back to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We've stayed at Ft Marcy several times and had variable experiences, never horrible like some of the reviews but ranging in grade from maybe Motel 6 to Towne Suites. It seems to depend on the individual owner of the unit. Love the location--close enough to walk, far enough to be quiet, kitchen, ability to house families or several couples together, great views, and that Santa Fe rarity, parking space. There are also cute cottontail bunnies in the thicket behind the complex that some of the residents are feeding. We keep coming back because it's hard to beat the price and also to have breathing space. We've stayed in some expensive closets in this town. Ft Marcy recreational center with excellent pool and other facilities is nearby for those who don't find the uphill hike from the Plaza exercise enough. But if you want a gourmet breakfast or wifi, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2009

There are some great things about this condo/hotel. The first is the location, which is superb. It is a qucik walk to the plaza and there is ample free parking (which is great and necessary for Santa Fe). There is a kiva fireplace in the suite, a decent kitchen and the suite is large (for the price). The problems,unfortunately, outweigh the good. The first is that the complex is showing its age. During my week there, the pool was "broken" and closed, the room was shabby, the mattress was lumpy and ancient and the room showed definite signs of wear. Equally annoying was that the heating system is ridiculously loud, to the point where it is impossible to hear the TV or carry on a conversation when it comes on (which is frequent). The wifi is only available in the lobby (a hike from my suite) and only during the limited opening hours. The breakfast was somewhat pointless - juice, coffee and a few bagels. I never saw anyone eat it. The quality of the phone lines was extremely poor (making conversations impossible). Of equal importance is that there is little information provided on operations - ie the hours the laundry is open, the cost of using the phone etc. My suite had only 2 towels for the week, only three dishes, bowls and two juice glasses provided - a little skimpy for a suite that is supposed to sleep 4. I wanted to love it. I just couldn't. If they were to spruce up and upgrade the customer service, it might be great.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Bonedigger
Reviewed January 29, 2009

It was a wonderful home away from home, complete kitchen with EVERY kitchen gadget and appliance. The place inside and out had beautiful decor. It was CLEAN and well taken care of. We walked to the square where there are lots of restaurants, shops, museums etc.
Overall great location and place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank sallyvacation
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I was absolutely unnerved by some of the reviews about this hotel and almost changed my location. I am very happy to report I did not. We stayed in Unit #54 and it was perfect. The staff was available for what we needed and the location was beautiful. We had a view of the whole city and it was a walk to the plaza. Yes the walk up was up a hill but if you are in good shape it is no problem. If you wish to stay there in the coming months ask for the stimulus rate or the buy 1 get 1 rate.
I agree we need to read reviews but I think finding out for yourself proved to be the best way to really find out.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family