“Very Nice”

Fort Marcy Hotel Suites
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in unit 16. This place is very nice. There are outdated things in the condo but it was fine for us. It is very high on a hill and the neighborhood was very tight knit, a bit too claustriphobic for me but again we did enjoy our stay in NM. Our master bath toilet did break and there were 2 other toilets to use so we did ok. The master bedroom balcony railing was very movable and I hope they take a look at it, it made us feel unsafe. The condo was very clean. We actually did so much sightseeing we really didn't need the big condo. The pillows need a big update, they all were flat as a pancake. There were plenty of pillows so we stacked up. Santa Fe is lovely and again we were gone from the condo so much I don't want to paint a bad picture here but there were pros and cons. Please note for anyone that has mobility issues this is not the place to stay. Steps everywhere and very long walk to attractions. The parking needs improving, we ended up parking in a lower lot, thus all the stairs. There was not enough parking where we were told to park, too tight in there. The unit was quiet though and very private. If we went back to Santa Fe as nice as this place was, it was too hard to maneuver and too far from the plaza.

Room Tip: The views at this place were wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
FortMarcyHotelSuites, General Manager at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

“VERY NICE!” Thank you for your insightful review of Fort Marcy. Also, I appreciate you pointing out the exact unit you stayed in so that I can have the repairs taken care of before today is done. We do have a good number of units that can be accessed with a few or no stairs, so please be sure to request one of these on your next visit. We also are in the midst of changing all the pillows on property and should have that project completed by the end of the week. If getting to and from the plaza is a struggle for you please inquire about our complementary shuttle service. Our location somewhat between The Plaza and Canyon Rd. usually makes us the ideal place for people who want to walk to the sights and sounds of our incredible historic city. Again, thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had not visited Santa Fe for almost 20 years, and was thrilled when I returned. The Fort Marcy Hotel Suites was part of a package, otherwise I would have chosen a hotel closer to the plaza. I still have not figured out how to describe the hotel. I think it is a series of timeshares or condos that individuals rent out. Apparently each is decorated by the owner. There were four of us and the condo given to us had 3 bedrooms. My friends loved the space, charm, and kitchen (which is why I am rating it higher than I woud have). I personally felt we were too far from the Plaza. It definately is not walkable and parking was awful in downtown, but because of one guest's lack of mobility, we had to drive. Actually I walked down to the Plaza the first day, but we took a taxi back. I would NOT walk to the hotel at night. I don't have any real complaints about the Fort Marcy Hotel Suites, other than I could only get one TV channel to work in the bedroom I was occupying. I also had a very difficult time finding the front desk (which is really not a front desk, just a lobby where you pick up your your keys) and then I had a difficult time finding the unit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoveToTravel1070
FortMarcyHotelSuites, General Manager at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We are so please your friends loved the space and comfort you find at Fort Marcy. Each of our condo style units are individually owned and decorated to capture a unique feel of Santa Fe. Each and every owner displays their own specific feel for the City Different in their choice of décor and ambiance. We are privileged to provide these charming accommodations to guest traveling to Santa Fe, serving guest who want more of a vacation home experience instead of a cramped hotel room. Our offering of full services makes Fort Marcy a one of a kind option for guest coming to Northern New Mexico. Please remember when returning to stay with us in the future to take advantage of our Daily Shuttle Service when needing to get to and from town. Even though it is only a 3-4 blocks walk our position perched on top of the hill overlooking Santa Fe can be a bit of a challenge for less able folks and at 7000ft this can be a concern. Thank you for taking advantage of our “can’t beat package” that makes the trip to the City Different truly affordable.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in July 2012. The first unit shown to us was pleasant, though a bit dark and closed in. The second unit was larger, brightly furnished, and looked brand new. It was a great unit. Incredible value with various discounts for the size and location.

Location is very good for those who do not mind hills and a 3-4 block walk to the downtown. It is too steep for elderly.

We had a great stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer premium unit if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
FortMarcyHotelSuites, General Manager at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

“WE HAD A GREAT STAY” Thank you for choosing Fort Marcy, and we await your return. Santa Fe is definitely a walking town, as it is much smaller than most city centers and easy to get around. Just a reminder on your future visits we do offer a shuttle service to anywhere in the downtown area free of charge on an as needed basis. Just let the front desk know where you need to go and we will be happy to get you there. For further discount offers please join our Facebook page at All Seasons Resort Lodging.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Beautiful accommodations, very clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable and bedrooms very clean. Nice to travel and get exactly what you expected. The suites are about a 4 block walk to the plaza. Nice restaurants on the way and just around the corner from the best boot company ever, Back at the Ranch boots.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
FortMarcyHotelSuites, General Manager at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

“BEAUTIFUL ACCOMMODATIONS, VERY CLEAN AND WELL STOCKED” So you found one of our hidden gems in Santa Fe “Back at the ranch boots” , the smell of leather in this shop is indescribable. Thank you for pointing out our cleanliness, the housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and it’s nice to see them recognized. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and don’t forget to like us on Facebook at “All Seasons Resort Lodging” for upcoming special offers for our past guest and, social media friends.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Beautiful place. We enjoyed our condo immensely. We wanted to be somewhere to kick back and relax and this place fit the bill! We will definitely think about coming back to Fort Marcy. My husband has difficulty with stairs and the staff moved us to a different condo immediately when they realized it. Great staff. The condo was updated and very clean.
Bill and Mary G.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

“ My husband has difficulty with stairs and the staff moved us to a different condo immediately when they realized it.” Thank you so much for letting us get it right for you. Our “Great Staff” really have only one goal and that is to make sure your vacation in Santa Fe is as magical as our city. We are so please you brought some friends along this time to enjoy the City Different.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at FMHS twice now and love it. The condos are beautiful and it's always been quiet and peaceful. This time there were also lots of interesting freebies in the bathroom - deodorant, cough drops, toothpaste, and chewing gum, in addition to the standard shampoo/conditioner/lotion.

One problem this time was that we woke up at 9:00 am to housekeeping knocking on the door to ask when we would be leaving!! I've never had that happen anywhere and wasn't thrilled about it, I must say. Perhaps the managers will see this and make a note.

The price per bedroom is unbeatable for Santa Fe and the quality is very good. You're not sacrificing quality by staying here at all. I highly recommend FMHS and plan to stay there every time I'm in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrkmbb

A 5 Star review from a Senior Contributor of trip advisor is a real feather in our cap. I’m sorry about the 9:00 a.m. interruption, our energetic housekeeping team begins clearing rooms at 9:00 a.m., so that we can start getting our rooms ready for the early arrivals that are coming in. Thank you for your “high recommendation of FMHS”, and we also look forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

These are really nice condos high on a hill overlooking downtown Santa Fe. Great location for watching sunrises and sunsets. Walkable distance to The Square. All condos are privately owned but rented out by on-site management team. Our two bedroom was very clean, fully equipped and very Southwestern. Many floor plans to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bearclaw47

“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN SANTA FE” What else can I say but “Thank you for staying with us”.