“Great Value.....Great Staff"”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Great tip from local Santafean............located 1 mile from Plaza but with shuttle service. Enjoyed the staff and understand they have a new management team. Definitely worth a second look. Hotel has incredible views of the mountains from the restaurant we ate in each morning before leaving for a day of site seeing.

Only negative would be the towels, hope new management has this on the radar. Although we were gone by 9AM each day the pool and hot tub looked inviting. Hope to return this summer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Santa Fe

Reviewed May 11, 2010

During our stay in Santa Fe, we were able to retreat to the scenic Lodge at the end of the day. It sits on enough of a hill so that, at the beginning and end of the day, the city and mountains lie in your gaze. The service was friendly and helpful, and the hotel manager is aware of and loves the peculiar charm that makes this region so unique in the United States. The Lodge itself is built in the old forms, and I found myself asking: "Why shouldn't this hotel be part of the old charm? Thank God it is still alive."

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Arrived at 6pm after travelling from Utah for 9 hours only to be told that our room wasnt ready and housekeeping had not cleaned it yet! ( booked online with a check in time of 3.30pm) Told to come back in an hour which we did. Given the key to the room only to find that someone was already staying in that room - bit embarrassing! Go back to front desk and they eventually found a room that we could have.
Next day left the room at 8am and returned at 5.30pm to change and go to dinner only to find that housekeeping had not been near the room all day. Went to front desk to ask why and was told that the room had DO NOT DISTURB on it - if it did we never put it on the door!! The front desk clerk was rude and really could not have cared less how we felt! We went away for one hour , once again so the the room could be serviced. Would never stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank thompson737
LSF_GM, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe.
Management and staff are dedicated to providing a quality product, and only through your input can we achieve that goal. We have addressed all issues with the appropriate departments and have made organizational modifications. In the future we hope to have the opportunity to reclaim the patronage of every guest.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

I had visited Santa Fe many times previously, and was searching for a comfortable and affordable hotel close to downtown attractions. I wanted the comforts of a pool and air-conditioning, and spaciousness, since I had previously stayed in an unairconditined historic inn. The Lodge offers excellent comfortable rooms, decorated in Santa Fe style, yet comfortable for the active tourist. It was close enough to town to drive in just a few minutes, or take the shuttle they provide. It was also clean and the staff was very friendly. They also feature an in house Flamingo dance show that was one of the best I have seen, and I am in a professional dance troup. I will definately stay here next time in Santa Fe, and have already reccommended it to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I recently stayed here because of a professional conference with lumped us under a group rate -- but we didn't have any of the meeting here [something no one understood]. As far as the location goes, and the overal ambience, the place is fine. The front desk and staff are polite and helpful. But no refrigerators, no microwaves, no free breakfast [restaurant menu was posted in the lobby, not sure if any of our group ate there, but $8.50 for seasonal fruit in the morning struck me as absurd], no lighting to speak of in the parking areas, even at the front of the hotel -- which made for some potentially dangerous missteps near some stairs when getting back one night. Also, the beds were brick hard. Now, admittedly, I have problems with shoulders and hips and I prefer a soft mattress, but my husband [who is retired and came to hang out and see the sights] who can sleep anywhere, also found it too hard and uncomfortable. When I asked for a mattress topper after the first night, I was eventually told [after checking with the front desk for the 3rd time] that they didn't have anything like that but could give me a couple of blankets. This offered some padding, but didn't help much. The only good thing was that the house keeping staff didn't dismantle and remove it. If you like extra firm mattresses, you'll do fine. You are only a couple of miles from the Plaza and they reportedly have a shuttle service to a sister-hotel only about 1 block from the old plaza, but we never had the opportunity to use this service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Denise R
LSF_GM, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We do apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectation of microwaves, refrigerators and breakfast inclusive of the rate. The breakfast menu you are referring to is that of Tabla de los Santos, which is a restaurant downtown in our sister property. The fruit is local and organic. We have moved the menu display to avoid any confusion in comparison to our restaurant on property. We have brought the discussion of the bedding and lighting to the attention of the appropriate personnel. These are appropriate concerns and we will address.

Reviewed April 8, 2010

Every employee from the desk clerk to the restaurant wait staff to the maid service was friendly and showed genuine interest in giving us top notch service in order to make our stay memorable. The Keva Suite was clean and well maintained, the food in the restaurant was delicious and the scenic beauty surrounding the Lodge was spectacular. We will return as it is a true romantic getaway that offers peaceful accomodations with historic Santa Fe just minutes from the Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at The Lodge at Santa Fe from March 26, to April 2nd 2010. I found it to be a great place. The location 1.2 miles from The Plaza Downtown is set up on the side of a hill. The location provided a stunning view of the foothills/ mountains and of the wide open spaces. It was clean and attractive. It has a semi-rustic look of the Southwest, but still with modern style. It has a restaurant in the hotel. I found it convenient for a sit down breakfast.
Mike, the mgr. on duty at the front desk, afternoon and evenings, was so helpful and I found him to have a wonderful personal style, so that I had no hesitation to inquire about notable restaurant recommendations,,directions to wherever, in fact, anything to make my visit there a success.
All the staff, in fact were GREAT!
I totally recommend The Lodge at Santa Fe and will plan to stay there again; and I will recommend it to my friends.

Marie M