“Beautiful but Deteriorating Quickly”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“Beautiful but Deteriorating Quickly”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I and my staff have used this as our Santa Fe home based hotel because it is spacious, parking is easy, staff is courteous, restaurant is ok and it overlooks beautiful surroundings. But over the last year a ton of upkeep has not been done. This is the second time my heat/AC didn't work right, weeds are throughout, everything needs paint etc... I am so sorry to see this happening to such an historically significant place and one I have loved.

Stayed July 2014
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear TrishMcCarty,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge At Santa Fe. It makes us happy to hear that you continue to enjoy our property and staff. We are currently working on updates to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with their experience. Thank you for your input, I will personally be looking into correcting the issues you mentioned. I look forward to WOWing you on your next visit to The City Different!

Tom A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
nevada
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The front desk people are very nice. The room was simple, a little small but clean and pretty. I was not a big fan of the restaurant. I would have found the price too high had I not booked through Priceline. It would be a very good idea to offer a complimentary breakfast. I would stay agin if the price was comparable to what I paid through Priceline.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear marastravels,

Thank you for your recent review of The Lodge At Santa Fe. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views and decor of our property. We run sales online often, keep an eye out and we will look forward to your next stay!

Dallas TX
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night based on a blind priceline "3 star hotel" buy at 65/nt. Free parking free wifi, comfortable bed and a nice checkin staff were the pros. Cons were the place really needs a remodel. Carpets are old and worn, bathrooms old, no HDTV etc.

For the priceline rate is was ok, but wouldn't stay again for more unless it gets remodeled.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 4Xpy4
Dear 4xpy4,

Thank you for reviewing The Lodge At Santa Fe. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do run some excellent sales on the internet from time to time. I will look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The views were lovely, the room well appointed and comfortable, and the bed comfortable. We didn't choose this hotel--we were there with a conference. It did not have a complimentary breakfast which is very important to me. BUT it DID have a shuttle service to downtown Santa Fe, which was very helpful since parking downtown is difficult and somewhat expensive. The pool area was very nice, but the pool was very cold--fine in the afternoon but if you're considering a morning swim, perhaps too cold.
We had to switch rooms because the toilet in our first room was broken. From this, I advise you to ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor and with a view facing the pool--otherwise, you get road noise if you like to sleep with your windows open like we do. On Friday night, there was a band in the restaurant that kept us up until 1 a.m. Having a window facing the pool would have helped this problem as well.
The other perk we enjoyed was a complimentary walking tour of downtown on Saturday morning. While I wished it were a little longer (it was just an hour), it was interesting and fun.
The food at the restaurant (Gardunos) was very good and the 15% discount helped since it was a tiny bit pricey ($10 for at-table guacamole?).
We also enjoyed the nearby hiking trails and also that there was an Albertson's within walking distance--which is where we got our breakfasts.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor, window facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear 145sylvian,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our property during you conference. I would hope you choose to stay with us again when you return to Santa Fe!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We came as I had a conference here for 3 days. We found it very nice and meeting rooms were great and we then stayed for a few more days. The room was ok and clean. We were satisfied with it. Nice view of the mountains.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Serif1,

Thank you for your review of the Lodge at Santa Fe. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to see you again!

Tom A
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. No cart or elevator access to room Cart had flat tire anyway. No breakfast. Only 15% discount at restaurant. Hot tub broke and pool water was freezing cold. Only thing good was bed was comfortable. Ice machines only available in lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa M
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry you experienced some issues during your stay. I have since seen to it that these issues have been corrected and staff fully trained on correcting these issues in the future. I do hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you just how great this property can be. Thank you again.

texas
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Will & Tom ( front desk ) were soo helpful during our stay this weekend. I had questions ranging from hiking to toothpaste and both fellas helped without a flinch. A little further from downtown than I prefer but the views and staff make up for the distance :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear jennaTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable in Santa Fe. I will be sure to pass along your notes. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay with us!