“Out and Away”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The views were lovely, the room well appointed and comfortable, and the bed comfortable. We didn't choose this hotel--we were there with a conference. It did not have a complimentary breakfast which is very important to me. BUT it DID have a shuttle service to downtown Santa Fe, which was very helpful since parking downtown is difficult and somewhat expensive. The pool area was very nice, but the pool was very cold--fine in the afternoon but if you're considering a morning swim, perhaps too cold.
We had to switch rooms because the toilet in our first room was broken. From this, I advise you to ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor and with a view facing the pool--otherwise, you get road noise if you like to sleep with your windows open like we do. On Friday night, there was a band in the restaurant that kept us up until 1 a.m. Having a window facing the pool would have helped this problem as well.
The other perk we enjoyed was a complimentary walking tour of downtown on Saturday morning. While I wished it were a little longer (it was just an hour), it was interesting and fun.
The food at the restaurant (Gardunos) was very good and the 15% discount helped since it was a tiny bit pricey ($10 for at-table guacamole?).
We also enjoyed the nearby hiking trails and also that there was an Albertson's within walking distance--which is where we got our breakfasts.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor, window facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear 145sylvian,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our property during you conference. I would hope you choose to stay with us again when you return to Santa Fe!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We came as I had a conference here for 3 days. We found it very nice and meeting rooms were great and we then stayed for a few more days. The room was ok and clean. We were satisfied with it. Nice view of the mountains.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Serif1,

Thank you for your review of the Lodge at Santa Fe. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. No cart or elevator access to room Cart had flat tire anyway. No breakfast. Only 15% discount at restaurant. Hot tub broke and pool water was freezing cold. Only thing good was bed was comfortable. Ice machines only available in lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry you experienced some issues during your stay. I have since seen to it that these issues have been corrected and staff fully trained on correcting these issues in the future. I do hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you just how great this property can be. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Will & Tom ( front desk ) were soo helpful during our stay this weekend. I had questions ranging from hiking to toothpaste and both fellas helped without a flinch. A little further from downtown than I prefer but the views and staff make up for the distance :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear jennaTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable in Santa Fe. I will be sure to pass along your notes. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room was clean and well cared for. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Staff is upgrading the hotel slowly. The onsite restaurant has primarily a New Mexican flavor but they do have other items. I had eggs, toast and ham. The foods was good and the staff was very attentive. The in room coffee was Seattle's Best and they were very nice about providing extra pods (We both drink more than 2 cups a day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Maddogthegreat,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our facility and staff during your vacation. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at the lodge for six days. My girlfriend and I loved it! Location is great, clean and the staff is very pleasant. The restaurant in the lodge has the most amazing food and my friend who I was traveling with is a Chef and she loved it….the only bad thing I can say about the Lodge is that they need to upgrade their televisions and the pool area could use a makeover….but as a whole a wonderful place to stay and you cannot beat the scenery.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Traveler1954Chicago,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I enjoy hearing what our guests have to say about their time with us. You are correct that you cannot beat the views from our perch on top of the hill (especially when combined with the food from Garduno's!). Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Online the Lodge at Santa Fe looks beautiful - stunning even! Glossy pictures make it look like a mini oasis with a wonderful adobe feel that promises luxury, comfort, and cleanliness. While the location is great (minutes from the Plaza right off St. Francis) this dreary dated lodge is in desperate need of updates. We had reserved a junior suite - we were surprised to learn that a junior suite simply means a double bed room with a tiny balcony that pigeons like to swarm. We had envisioned spending afternoons at the pool with our children after touring Santa Fe in the mornings. This was not the case - the pool was unheated with torn/stained lawn chairs surrounding it. The afternoon early summer storms made for extremely uncomfortable and cold swimming (my children's lips turned blue and they could only dip in and out due to the frigid water temp). The hot tub was broken and looked like it had been in disrepair for a very long time. Overall, the idea of the lodge (from afar and on their website) looks inviting, sleek, comfy, and well-kept... but once you step in your motel-like-room, the lemon disinfectant smell hits you, the air conditioner clicks on with the jolt of an outboard motor, you notice the leaky ice machine, the broken fountain outside your door, and everything from the bathroom tile, countertops, to the TV are extremely worn-out, past its time, and grimy. We love staying in unique hotels, but we were very disappointed that the price point does NOT match the quality of the lodge stay. They need to do major renovations to the lodge OR they need to accurately advertise it on their website. Lodger beware.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family