“Ok Stay”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. No cart or elevator access to room Cart had flat tire anyway. No breakfast. Only 15% discount at restaurant. Hot tub broke and pool water was freezing cold. Only thing good was bed was comfortable. Ice machines only available in lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry you experienced some issues during your stay. I have since seen to it that these issues have been corrected and staff fully trained on correcting these issues in the future. I do hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you just how great this property can be. Thank you again.

Tom A.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Will & Tom ( front desk ) were soo helpful during our stay this weekend. I had questions ranging from hiking to toothpaste and both fellas helped without a flinch. A little further from downtown than I prefer but the views and staff make up for the distance :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear jennaTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable in Santa Fe. I will be sure to pass along your notes. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Tom A.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room was clean and well cared for. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Staff is upgrading the hotel slowly. The onsite restaurant has primarily a New Mexican flavor but they do have other items. I had eggs, toast and ham. The foods was good and the staff was very attentive. The in room coffee was Seattle's Best and they were very nice about providing extra pods (We both drink more than 2 cups a day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Maddogthegreat,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our facility and staff during your vacation. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at the lodge for six days. My girlfriend and I loved it! Location is great, clean and the staff is very pleasant. The restaurant in the lodge has the most amazing food and my friend who I was traveling with is a Chef and she loved it….the only bad thing I can say about the Lodge is that they need to upgrade their televisions and the pool area could use a makeover….but as a whole a wonderful place to stay and you cannot beat the scenery.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Traveler1954Chicago,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I enjoy hearing what our guests have to say about their time with us. You are correct that you cannot beat the views from our perch on top of the hill (especially when combined with the food from Garduno's!). Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Online the Lodge at Santa Fe looks beautiful - stunning even! Glossy pictures make it look like a mini oasis with a wonderful adobe feel that promises luxury, comfort, and cleanliness. While the location is great (minutes from the Plaza right off St. Francis) this dreary dated lodge is in desperate need of updates. We had reserved a junior suite - we were surprised to learn that a junior suite simply means a double bed room with a tiny balcony that pigeons like to swarm. We had envisioned spending afternoons at the pool with our children after touring Santa Fe in the mornings. This was not the case - the pool was unheated with torn/stained lawn chairs surrounding it. The afternoon early summer storms made for extremely uncomfortable and cold swimming (my children's lips turned blue and they could only dip in and out due to the frigid water temp). The hot tub was broken and looked like it had been in disrepair for a very long time. Overall, the idea of the lodge (from afar and on their website) looks inviting, sleek, comfy, and well-kept... but once you step in your motel-like-room, the lemon disinfectant smell hits you, the air conditioner clicks on with the jolt of an outboard motor, you notice the leaky ice machine, the broken fountain outside your door, and everything from the bathroom tile, countertops, to the TV are extremely worn-out, past its time, and grimy. We love staying in unique hotels, but we were very disappointed that the price point does NOT match the quality of the lodge stay. They need to do major renovations to the lodge OR they need to accurately advertise it on their website. Lodger beware.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Barbra S
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We sent four (4) nights at the end of May, 2014 at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed the entire experience. Parking near our room was convenient and easy. The pool setup was perfect - great sheltered location with wonderful vegetation. Very clean throughout. The staff was most friendly and helpful. Very quiet location. Very easy to get to any location in the Santa Fe area from this hotel. A pleasure not to have to stay in the congested downtown area yet have it easily available with a only a short, quick car ride. Look forward to staying at the Lodge again and having another perfect stay.

Suggest the hotel install HD TV's in rooms - the existing ones are quite dated and tend to spoil an otherwise terrific experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear David A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our facility and staff during your vacation. We pride ourselves on quality customer experiences. Thank you again for your kind words, I will be sharing them with my staff. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We bought the stay on livingsocial so it was a great price. Upon arrival the hotel gives a great first impression the lobby is nice the courtyard looks clean and the pool is nice. The room however on a scale of 1to 10 would barely rate a 4. It wasn't exactly clean with crumbs on the table, hair in the shower and a dirty carpet. There was a musty smell overall possibly from the mold on the shower curtain. We never expect perfection but some hotels do deliver it, this one does not.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank guitarz777

Dear Guitarz777,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience with the cleanliness of the room. We would have been happy to take care of these issues for you had we known about them at the time of your stay. These are not typical comments for our guests, I will personally be looking into what may have happened in this situation. I do hope you would consider staying with us again, I am sure we can prove just how great we can be.