“Poor service overshadowed a good hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Poor service overshadowed a good hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I used a Living Social deal to book 4 nights. My friends in one room and me in another. I booked mine first. When my friends reserved theirs, they specifically asked for a room close to mine. The hotel said this was not a problem. I arrived first and was again assured that their room was across from mine. My friends' flight had been cancelled and they would not arrive until the next morning. The front desk said they would continue to hold the room. However when they arrived the next morning, the 2 men at the front desk said the room had been given to some one else at 9am. He corrected himself to say 9pm. My friend had talked to the hotel at midnight so someone LIED! The room had already been given to another guest! Furthermore we had paid for 4 nights so that room was paid for in full. The hotel made a sweet little profit. No voucher was offered for their trouble, instead they were placed on the other side of the hotel which could not have been further from my room. Extremely poor customer service. We dined in the hotel restaurant once and I would not return. Taco salad was missing flavor, the fruit salad was also below average. Good margaritas though. The maintenance man was very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean and updated. It's too bad that their poor service skills overshadowed what was otherwise a very relaxing vacation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Corrina S
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Corrina S,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the service at our property. We strive to meet all of our guest requests. Unfortunately on occasion these things do happen. I wish you had spoken with me about this experience as I would have been happy to compensate you for this misfortune. Please feel free to contact me with any future questions of concerns.

Tom A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

A couple weeks ago I was driving from Arizona to Colorado alone. I decided to stop in Santa Fe because it was getting dark and I was exhausted. I found a great deal for the Lodge at Santa Fe, so I booked it! As I entered Albuquerque I began to have a panic attack due to drinking 3 red bulls, eating only chex mix, and driving for 8 hours on only a few hours of sleep (packing the night before took a lot longer than anticipated). When I arrived at the Lodge at Santa Fe at about 10 p.m., I was very weary and distressed. The young lady at the front desk could tell I was upset and consulted and talk to me to calm me down. She was so sweet and personal, and truly cared about me. When I walked into the room I was surprised how nice it was for the price I paid. The room was clean, large, and a wonderful ambiance. Unfortunately when I woke up the next day to hit the road again, I forgot my iPad under my covers. I didn't realize that I left my iPad until I got home the next day. I immediately called the hotel and left a message with house keeping because it was late and they weren't there. Christina Gonzalez from house keeping called me back and and reported that she had found an iPad in the same room I stayed in. She charged the iPad to make sure it was mine and the hotel sent it to me the same day! Only being 20 and in college I usually do not care how well the staff is. But until then I've never encountered a staff that truly cared about their customers and their well-being. The fact that they worked so hard to get my iPad back to me so fast is unbelievable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Katrina E
Dear Katrina E,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our staff and facility. We pride ourselves on customer service, and I will be sure to pass your notes along to my staff so they may keep up the good work! We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We recently had our wedding at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We stayed there 3 nights as did many family members. We checked in late and went to our room and then straight to dinner at their restaurant. The margaritas were fantastic and so was their salsa. The food was Ehh not fantastic but not horrible. Once coming back to our room we realized it wouldn't work as we had our two kids. They had no problems moving us with no surcharge. The staff was fantastic from the front desk person, to the banquet staff, to the sales manager who handled the wedding planning. They went above and beyond what we had ordered and with many requests from us and family they handled them with ease.
The hotel room was clean and spacious. Room service was there daily and great. The pool wasn't open yet but they were cleaning it so I imagine soon. We were missing a remote in our room for the tv and they fixed that right away. Check out and in was easy and quick. The view is beautiful and the grounds were fantastic to have the wedding on.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Barbara S,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our property for your wedding! We do have beautiful event space and love catering to our wedding parties. I will pass your notes along to my staff and managers. We hope to see you again soon!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We needed one night close to town so we could enjoy a late concert. Using hotel tonight app this appeared to be a value.
So sorry we didn't spring for another twenty bucks and stay at La Paloma, or Hotel Chimayo! Pool closed even though it said it would be open in May. We wanted a morning swim. Hot tub jets broken and when we reported it there was a tepid, uninterested response. Carpets dirty and worn in the public areas, room décor Southwest cliché and cheaply done. When we went to find coffee in the lobby (most hotels have something!) we were told they had water only coffee was in the room. We all know how crappy that coffee experience is. Overall just so mediocre so not a value at all.

Room Tip: Just find another place in our beautiful city to stay! We have wonderful options!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TwinFlames
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear TwinFlames,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. Our pool will indeed open in Mid-May as it is still a bit cold for a seasonal pool here in Santa Fe (we had snow just last week!). It is true we do not have coffee available in the lobby however we are happy to provide in-room Seattle's Best Coffee as well as Starbucks Coffee in our restaurant. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused for you. We are always striving to create a more comfortable environment for our guests so I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the privilege of serving you again.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We were on a whirlwind road trip from Minnesota over Spring break and had spent a day and night in Taos. From Taos we drove the High Road to Chimayo, stopped at a museum in Los Alamos and hiked the Cliff Dwellings at Bandelier. Tired and headed to Santa Fe we booked the first hotel we saw on Hotel Tonight. It was the Lodge at Santa Fe and we paid under $79 for a King room. We were thrilled because it was right off the highway on the way in from the north. We were given a front room with a view toward Santa Fe and the mountains. It was large and nicely decorated with southwestern flare. We had a delicious Margarita with chips at the adjoining bar and sat outside enjoying the view. Later we used the spa as the pool was not open yet for the season. Our only complaint with the Lodge was that the WiFi never worked in our room. We called the desk and reported it in person. They said they rebooted the modem but the only connectivity we had was sitting in their pleasant lobby near the front desk. It was like that for two days. So we would sit in the lobby if we needed to be online. We were sightseeing in Santa Fe most of the time anyway.

They have a free shuttle to the Plaza, but someone at the desk told us we could park free in town at the Capitol lot and since we wanted to see it we took his good advice and drove the short distance into the old part of Santa Fe.

This hotel worked out fine for us at $79 a night, if we had paid more I would be less happy with the lack of WiFi. Go into Santa Fe to eat, the one dinner we had at the connecting restaurant was the blandest of our trip to New Mexico.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KCSaw
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear KCSaw,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We are proud to offer beautiful scenic views from our guest rooms and The Hilltop Lounge. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Southwestern decor, we strive to give our guests an authentic cultural experience when visiting Santa Fe. Regarding the WiFi issues, we were having some technical difficulties for a couple of days although I am happy to report that everything is back up and running now. We are also gearing up to open the swimming pool for the season. We hope to see you next time!

Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stay here a few times a year. If we can book a reasonable rate ($90 or less), I would say its a good value. The property itself is pretty, but we were there in April and the swimming area could sure use some attention. The pool was still covered, some of the chairs had torn fabric and bird poop, and the hot tub was out of order. They did forget to clean our room one day of a 4 night stay. The view is nice. Parking is fair. They really need to update the televisions. They are not flat screen, and the picture in every room we have stayed in seems like there is a loose connection it is so fuzzy. We still enjoy this hotel, it has a nice Santa Fe feel. We will be back hoping to see improvements.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Thebryano
Dear Thebryano,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. It is always great to hear feedback from our return guests. We are constantly working on improvements and upgrades to our property and you can look forward to seeing some changes on your next visit! Thank you again for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Regards,

Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had such a wonderful stay in Santa Fe. The Lodge is very, very comfortable and they are so welcoming, thoughtful and kind. The front office manager Tom went above and beyond to make us comfortable in our stay. Because of my husband's physical disabilities he made sure the room was perfect for his needs. The rooms are so warm and cozy, very clean and well appointed. Everyone that works there is wonderful and very professional. The bed was soooo comfortable and cozy and I felt refreshed upon waking.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper level have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMKB
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear DMKB,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your husband while you were visiting our city! We look forward to seeing you again!