WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado
“Who takes a donut? ANSWER: The housekeeper who cleans the room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I made a point to get up early to go get donuts at whoo's (which we heard were awesome). Since we were road tripping for the day going to a spa and taking a semi Breaking Bad tour in Albuquerque, we decided to bring the donuts back to the room as to not leave them in the car. We then return from our day trip and I decided I wanted a donut. What do I discover when I open the box? THE HOUSEKEEPER HELPED HERSELF TO OUR DONUTS!! Surprisingly, she only took one of the four in the box, but she took the one I wanted the most and was looking forward to. I'm glad we elected to take our valuables with us since the room didn't have a safe but never in my wildest imagination would I ever think that my donuts would be stolen.

The response from the front desk, in specific tom, was swift. It is his response that has earned the neutral rating I provided. It is a conveniently located hotel but is in need of some serious updating. More importantly, my sense of security of leaving anything in my hotel room during future travels is gone. I look forward to hearing from the manager or this room attendants supervisor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Will R
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Will R,

I remember your situation well. I admit I was a bit shocked to hear of your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. This is the first I have heard of any issue of this nature at our property. I put full trust in my housekeeping staff and I know you are aware of the full investigation we are conducting to find out what may have happened to your missing property. I am glad we were able to accommodate you so quickly and I look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe.

Kind Regards,

Tom A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Las Cruces
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Rooms have been re-modeled and were clean and nice. Purchased a Living Social special for $59 so with this it was a tremendous value and the location was perfect for our particular trip that was traveling to northern wineries.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoeMed
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear JoeMed,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We are offering some special rates this time of year to make your Santa Fe vacation relaxing and affordable. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had suites at The Lodge. The rooms were large, the bathrooms were extremely tiny, the mattress was bought last decade and was horrible. The sheets and towels need to be replaced. The carpet needs to be cleaned. Management is not watching the details, like a coffee pot in the room with no cups, or used glasses that weren't replaces. Also the TV is way too small. Would not go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SCardwell61
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear SCardwell61,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the room. Our property was built in the traditional New Mexican style and we strive to promote the cultural significance of the area with our decor. I am personally looking into the issues you addressed above to ensure details are not overlooked in the future. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to show you just how great we can be in the future.

Kind regards,

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed 6 nights while participating in a Road's Scholar program. The room was large, clean and comfortable. There were meeting and dining rooms just for our group. The distance from downtown Santa Fe required using the shuttle that was provided by the hotel but there was a large shopping center within walking distance-if you don't mind walking up hill on the return hike. Staff, especially Robert who managed the rooms for the group, and Kristin at the front desk, were very personable and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary H
Dear Mary H.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us. We are very proud of our staff and facilities and we look forward to serving you again!

Bayfield, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed over the Valentines day week end. This is a nice place off the hiway so its very quiet. The rooms were very nice, very clean. The restaurant was very good although under staffed the night we were there. We had a nice stay until we returned home and realized my wife had forgot a pair of boots, we immediately called the hotel and lo and behold they were unable to find them. So I would say it's a nice place to stay, however if you leave something behind that you really like I would not plan on seeing it again. Apparently honesty is not a top priority for some of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Edward K
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Edward K,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our property so much for Valentine's Day weekend. Santa Fe was recently voted one of the most Romantic Getaway's in the United States! I apologize for the slow service in the restaurant, we have taken measures to assure this will not happen again. I remember you calling regarding your boots, I personally went to the room with a housekeeping supervisor and I am sorry we were unable to locate them. I am continuing to look into this matter and of course we will contact you with any further information we may find. I hope when you return to Santa Fe you would consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards,

McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Clean room, rustic feel and charm. Beautiful overlook off balcony.
Joesph, the resturaunts owner, was so welcoming, funny, and overall made our experience worthwhile. Great food, drinks, and staff to provide a memorable trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear emily z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our facility and staff. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service so it makes us very happy to hear we are doing so well. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you on your next trip to Santa Fe!

Roswell, New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel. I always find the staff friendly and the rooms very comfortable. I have had a few company meetings here as well. The event rooms, food, and staff are all wonderful. Don't overlook this establishment ... not only for lodging, but also for your next event. The Lodge at Santa Fe has become my "GO TO PLACE" for lodging and business meetings!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear dominosd,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and staff! I am so glad you are able to enjoy our property in so many ways. We are proud of our unique Santa Fe property. We have the quality luxury rooms you would expect from a downtown property as well as the professional meeting space to fit a wide variety of needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Santa Fe be it for business or pleasure!

Front Office Manager