The Lodge at Santa Fe
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$140
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
$208
$189
  • Pool
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
$223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Pool
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Great 4.5/5
All reviewskiva suitenational cemeterythe shuttle driverfree shuttleon site restaurantfront desk staffsouthwestern decornew mexicothe room was niceking roomdowntown areaplazasantamargaritaspetoperafireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

First off, let me say that I was a little nervous after reading the reviews. We stayed here for a week as part of a package we purchased from RCI, so our price was good. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Here's the good and the bad. We found the staff to be pleasant, professional, and very helpful. They went out of their way to volunteer help and information. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff to the shuttle driver and cleaning staff. The hall carpets are stained and dirty in places (this made me nervous), but our room was spotless. The room was in need of some repairs--there was water damage above the cooling/heating unit and on the ceiling and our blind drooped on one side, but the rest of the room was not worn, dirty or dated and decorated in a nice southwest style. Our room had king bed, chair with ottoman, desk, armoir (no closet), and stand for suitcase with plenty of room to move around. The heat worked great to take the chill out in the mornings. The bathroom was spotless--not a hint of mold or mildew--but the bathrooms are older. The bathroom is small with older tile in the shower (I would have liked one of those shower curtains in a half circle, though). The sink is solid stone and the floors are newly tiled. If you were a very large person, it could feel cramped in here. There is a little clothes line over the tub, so you can hang hand wash. I would have liked a refrigerator, and a safe would have been nice. Pool was closed, but the area looked very nice. I liked the location. It is away from the plaza on a busy road, but set back so there isn't noise. We walked to town from here several times during our stay--so it is walkable. To the plaza, it is just about a mile and stores and restaurants start before that. Grocery stores and restaurants in a strip mall about a half mile away. There is a free shuttle for those who don't care to walk (there is some uphill coming back up to the hotel). The hotel is older, so the walls are thin and that was annoying. I always wonder why some people have to speak so loudly in the halls at hotels. The TV was old--no high def--but we weren't in Santa Fe to watch TV. I found the location great if you wanted to drive out of town for hiking (we did), for getting to Taos, and for some of the great restaurants away from the Plaza. You aren't in the middle of the mall-type shopping areas like hotels on Cerillos Rd, so don't have to fight traffic every time you go out. If you can get this at the right price, I think it's a good option for those looking for value and who don't want or need to be right in the downtown area. We were content and comfortable here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eube
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Eube,

Thank you for giving us a chance and for reporting back on your stay. We like our guests to feel welcomed and comfortable and I'm glad to hear that you did. I'm also happy to know that you enjoyed our location. We're lucky to be in such a great part of the city.

Thank you also for your room critiques. I've let appropriate staff know.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Yours,
Susan C.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place was OK. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. But it is a bit run-down. The walls are very thin... I could hear my neighbor snoring through the wall. The floors creak when you walk. The pipes are very loud when you flush the toilet. And the location was not near the in-town area -- there is no place nice to walk to right from the Lodge. They had a restaurant that was nice. All in all, more like a motel than a "lodge".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank FrappyBongo
Sandra S, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear FrappyBongo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate it. First, let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are currently fixing the issues you found with this room. In addition, we are working on improving the overall appearance of The Lodge. We hope that you'll consider returning in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm a bit surprised at some of the not so good reviews on here as we really loved the lodge. The room was big, clean and really comfortable. The swimming pool area was a decent size and was really clean with fluffy towels provided. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the guy serving us was really friendly and efficient while the food was pretty good. I loved that the hotel provide a free shuttle tot he town square and back- our driver was like a walking guidebook! We found the front desk staff to be helpful and accommodating throughout and they fitted us in no problem when we decided to stay an extra night- would absolutely love to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbiek37
Sandra S, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Good Morning Debbiek47,

We are so excited to hear that you had a great time here at The Lodge. We have been working diligently to improve our TripAdvisor reviews, by improving our customer service for each and every guest. Please come back, we would love to have you. And thanks again for such a nice review.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

After staying for a number of years at a hotel downtown, we decided to try The Lodge. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel, was the shuttle to the Plaza. But upon arrival at the hotel, we discovered the shuttle didn't start until 10:00am (too late for breakfast) and stopped at 9:00pm (too early for drinks and dancing). It only ran every half hour so you need to arrive early at the pick up site to make sure you didn't miss it and if you did, you had another 30 minute wait.

The room was clean but felt it needed some updating and I can't comment on the restaurant since I didn't eat there. Will probably look elsewhere for next year's trip.

I suppose the price was about average for the area, but next time I'll choose someplace closer to

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra S, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Good Day Patti A,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We are working on improving our shuttle hours so that our guests can plan their stays more adequately. We hope you will return.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, and had a discounted room being with the group. The discounted rate was probably more reasonable than the full rate. The room was clean and roomy, but maybe a little aged. Southwestern decor was fun, and the property was well kept. It is a short cab ride to down town Santa Fe. The outdoor pool isn't heated, and was closed for our stay in October. Definitely an adequate experience, nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Msp2485

Good Day MSP2485,

Thank you for the comments, we enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. I was happy to hear that you liked our décor. Our CEO has put a great deal of effort into designing each of our hotels uniquely. I hope you will return during our summer months to enjoy the pool. We look forward to serving you in the very near future.