“Very pleasant and comfortable stay.”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We bought a Groupon package, very good deal and worth the price. The king suites are very large and our bed was comfy. Slept awesome after a long day of shopping on the plaza and a hike at Hyde Memorial State Park. I would stay here again, for the deal like we found. The downside is that the rooms are a bit dated and while I love my stay in the southwest, I am not a fan of the carpet and rug wall art. Also, the hotel is booked out every Saturday, so we came on a Sunday and the town was a ghost town at night. Too bad this place looks like it could be a lot of fun, not sure we're all the Saturday travelers go...I guess back to work on Monday. Oh, and the TV was a small tube TV, and I mean small, so good luck trying to watch some TV from bed. I will say Nicole was very friendly, and whole place seems welcoming, so find a good price and give this place a try.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I book reservations on average nine to ten months out for my summer motorcycle trips. The lodge at Santa Fe was no exception. I originally had booked four rooms for a Sunday night. We called on Saturday night with all four of us setting in the same room as I talked to the front desk person and explained we would like to "slide" our reservations to Tuesday night and use the same rate and stay together. He said "no problem." Same rooms, all together, same price.

We showed up at 1500 hrs and was told we had no reservations, that we had been charged because we were supposed to have been there Monday night and was charged a HIGHER rate that our reservation rate. The front desk manager at the time (Maria Valdez) was one of the ruddest persons I have ever come in contact with. Then she got the GM (Adrian Velarde) who was no better. He argued that there was no way I was given the rate I was and that I didn't talk to anyone about sliding the days. I asked if they had a front desk person and gave a specific name, they said yes. I just looked at them and asked how would I know that if I had not spoken to him? Mr Veladre would not honor the rate because I didn't have my printed reservation, then when I remembered I had it in my laptop I went to my motorcycle and retrieved it. After I showed it to Mr Velarde he finally relented and gave us the rate. NEVER offering an apology for his rude behavior. Then he tried to break our group up all over the hotel. I told him we had rooms together. He finally said he didn't have any, but if we could go do something and come back in an hour he would. We left to go to the local HD store and returned almost two hours later. Again Mr Velarde tried to split us up and tell us he had not had time to give us rooms together. I refused to accept that answer and just stood there looking him down. He amazingly found four rooms together as our original reservation had been.

Being in the customer service business as well as one of my traveling partners, we both agreed we had never been or seen anyone treated so rudely! My buddy who is the GM of a major grocery chain said if he witnessed an employee treat a customer the way we had been treated, he would fire them on the spot. There was no call for it.

I was very disappointed in the customer service and even after being proven wrong, they were unable to apologize.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I spent a night at The Lodge at Santa Fe. Rooms were comfortable and beds fine.
Thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool. Did not use any of the other services available. Nice gals at Registration.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pozueloliz
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We chose this hotel as part of a Travelocity vacation package. Although the staff was extremely friendly, we were less than wowed by the amenities. Our first-floor room (no patio) overlooked the pool which we really should have changed immediately (it's loud both night and day.) Walkways around the grounds are not very well lit, creating step hazards. Also, never put the "Service Please" sign on your door, as housekeeping (twice in our case) misreads that as "Privacy Please" and therefore does not make up the room! In defense of the lodge, however, they comped our in-room refrigerator (oh, yes, that's an extra $10 a day) in response to our housekeeping issue. Kudos, however, on their very soft towels and bedding! In summary, there are other hotels in SF that are closer to the plaza and likely not that much more expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool, due to noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HK500
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Lodge at Santa Fe on September 11, 2013. We originally booked two nights, then realized that we could only stay one night. The management staff was so helpful and accomodating. We spoke with Jordan who credited the second night back to us at no charge so that we could make our next stop. I would stay here again absolutely ! The room was lovely and the restaurant - delicious! I highly recommend the fish tacos!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here two night and loved the southwestern decor. Our room was clean and comfortable with my only complaint being that the air conditioning needs updating since it just blows and cannot be temperature controlled. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The location is easy to get to and close to town. It's not fancy but a much better value than many of the overpriced hotels in Santa Fe. We would return again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It started after we were told our accommodation wouldn't be ready until after 4pm and to sit and wait in the lobby for over an hour. When we finally were allowed to go to our "superior" room we found broken blinds, smelly bathroom, kitchenette with no cups, plates or cutlery, 1 teabag, microwave wouldn't work (nor would the replacement), phone wouldn't work and so it went on. The carpets were filthy and the whole place was tired.
The final straw came when we observed a guests dog swimming in the hotel swimming pool.
Staff did their best to rectify things by giving us a bottle of wine but this was little compensation for a VERY expensive hotel which has fallen off the scale of acceptable standards.
Interestingly we discovered talking to other guests that a number of them had complained about the price and dilapidated state of rooms and general amenities. Likewise several businesses in Santa Fe shook their heads when we told them where we were staying.

Room Tip: My best advice to other travellers would be don't even think about going to this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple