“Nice hotel for the money - free shuttle to the Plaza”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Nashville
“Nice hotel for the money - free shuttle to the Plaza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

2 couples stayed here Jul 1-5 2008. Both rooms were large and clean with king bed. Very quiet, too. Pool was warm (not as reported by someone earlier) but hot tub did stop working. Staff was mostly friendly, helpful and nice. BEST thing about this hotel is the free hourly shuttle service to downtown SF (a couple of times the 7-passenger mini-van was full, but they quickly came back to get the overflow), and the price (be sure to ask for AAA discount when checking in, saved us $10/night).
The bar had a nice outside area that overlooked the town and the mountains. I would have liked a better beer selection.
(Note: we found wait-staff at most restaurants in the area NOT very good and service overall was sloooow, even in Taos. But, the food was generally good-excellent. We only had breakfast at this hotel once and it was okay).

• Liked — Price and free shuttle
  • Disliked — Could not walk easily to any other restaurants or bars
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank TN-Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
parker, co
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

our family stayed there one night. really liked the property. nice ambiance, food and location BUT:

dirty sock under bed
pool and hot tub broken (both cold)
no logs for the beautiful outdoor fireplace on a cool night when we bought dinner from the restaurant to eat poolside, we were told they were out...
beds were not comfortable, had ones better at a motel!
no offer to help with bags, even when they saw us lugging them in the front door.

unfortunately not looking forward to staying again. :(
mark atkinson

Stayed June 2008
6 Thank fwys2grns

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

We stayed at the Lodge (then the Raddison) in 2003. It was a very nice experience so we decided to stay there again. It is a good location and I was hoping to be able use the shuttle service. We were very disappointed. The hotel definitely did not meet our expectations. I would not rate it above 2 1/2 stars. The room had the same furnishings and bedding that was being used 5 years ago. The bathroom needed a good cleaning and was overdue for some maintenance; the plumbing did not work well. Our room had no bar soap, and I was told that there was no soap in the entire hotel, as though that would make me feel better! I noticed right away that the room had no ironing board, so I called called the desk. I was assured that one would be brought to my room, which never happened. We arrived in our room about 5:45 and hurried to change clothes, planning to catch the shuttle to the Plaza. We were ready shortly after 6:00pm only to found out that the shuttle had just left and would not make another trip until 7:00 pm. In comparison, in January 2008, we stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe for several nights. It was a much nicer experience, the room was cleaner & better maintained and the shuttle service was exceptional. It too was rated a well deserved 3 stars. I will not be staying again at the Lodge. it was not worth the price, the service was poor, and is overated! It is a shame that the property has been neglected.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room was not worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank AnneBoelyn
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

I made our reservations on the hotel website, then two days later find out that my credit card number had been used at a Vet Hospital in Santa Fe to the tune of $500.00 + dollars, not to mention a few other charges around the continental US.

Once we arrived I explained what had happened and the gal was rude and defensive and said she would have a manager contact me. Never heard from the manager, not once.

Room amenities were okay, clean and the shuttle was a great service.

I wouldnt stay here again, unless it was free and only so I wouldnt have to go through the trouble with my cc number stolen again.

Stayed May 2008
LSF-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 18, 2008
The Lodge at Santa Fe takes the security of our guests and their personal items extremely seriously. Corrective action was immediately taken against the associate involved and they are no longer employed at the Lodge. Security procedures are in place to prevent this, or anything like it, from happening in the future.

Front Office Manager
The Lodge at Santa Fe
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2008

Lovely place on the outside, fabulous free breakfast! Couldn't enjoy our balcony due to massive pigeon droppings, but nice view of the city. Our room was very well appointed, with every ammenity I could think of. But had scary floor boards, creaking. Price was reasonable. Staff terrific, I think......! (they graciously promised to mail a package home for us, but it hasn't arrived in over a week?)

• Liked — reasonable price
  • Disliked — pigeon droppings
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

At the edge of Santa Fe in the hills, this is an easy hotel for a family who is staying in and traveling through this New Mexico region. Parking is close to your room. There's a nice, clean pool, courtyard and hot tub. Nice view from the restaurant and some rooms. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We started our trip at this hotel and were able to easily drive to the wonderful Bandelier National Forest and Taos.

• Liked — convenient location and clean
  • Disliked — the staff could have been more helpful
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2008

My actual stay at The Lodge was a great experience. I was there for a workshop and the accommodations, food, and service were excellent. I had a great time and my first visit to New Mexico was a memorable one. The mountain views from my window were breathtaking, and the night lights a delight as well. The staff were very helpful in finding places for me to visit and even drive to.
Upon my return home, much to my dismay I discovered I had left some items in my room. I have called 3 times, but been given a message machine to talk to...I have received no return call letting me know if indeed my clothes were found or not. So whatever you do, enjoy your stay, but do not leave anything behind.

Stayed January 2008
LSF_GM, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 15, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience. I am pleased that you stay was good. Your experience is a testimony to what we know about a hotel stay. It does not begin when you walk in the hotel and does not end when you walk out the hotel. The stay is with you forever. We will take this experience and use it as a training tool and improve that process.