“Is this hotel being fixed up? Hopefully?”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our room was nice enough, and the staff was very nice. But this location and this staff deserves a nicer place to work.
It's little things- the cement is deteriorating, the greenery needs attention, the rooms need freshening.

1  Thank traveljunky88
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Good Morning,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our rooms and grounds were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place , of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We wanted to stay a little out from the busy Plaza area mainly for expenses. This place was nice and had a great view of the mountains. The room was pretty clean. Housekeeping service was late in the day, so we declined it b/c we like to rest in the afternoon after touring in the morning. Kids really enjoyed pool and hot tub, but pool was ice cold and not enjoyable to my husband and I for longer than a 2-minute dip. Hot tub felt great after the cold pool, but jets didn't work well. Front desk was very helpful for restaurant recommendations. We had a rental car, which was good b/c shuttle service advertised is very limited! With no breakfast service, we would have liked the coffee maker in the room to serve more than one cup and for there to be CAFFINATED coffee! All in all we would probably stay here again, but improvements would be great for this hotel.

1  Thank Kathryn C

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for those inconveniences during your stay with us. I have already discussed these issues with our team to ensure that we correct them in the future. I am glad that you and your kids enjoyed our property and our views. If you have any further concerns please contact us at anytime. We always appreciate our guest feedback.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Interior is beginning to look dated, needs some updating badly. Nothing cozy about it. Went to the Maria Benitez theater, OMG, they call it cabaret seating. Needs to be called "bleacher seating" because that is more of what it feels like. No ambience, just some cheap chairs thrown around with some little tables, very cramped. The waiter said with pride that our sangria "is made immediately when I ordered". I ordered it anyways. I was a bit suspicious, and my suspicions were accurate. It tasted like straight up wine mixed with oranges. They should just say that they mix their wine with oranges. If you want a good sangria, go to the Plaza Cafe. Their sangria tastes like it's been sitting for a while so the flavors meld. This place is full of pride but nothing to be proud of. Needs so much work on the interior, the little theater could be wonderful if the seating was updated. It is stuffy and uninviting and UGLY.

Room Tip: skip it and head to the El Rey Inn. Worth every buck over this place. El Rey is right for the price...
7  Thank Severine S
HHandR, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your experience. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations and any other issues you had during your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and take with them a positive experience. I will work with our team to correct these issues and I hope we will get a second chance to impress you. If you have any concerns please feel to contact us at anytime.

Adrian J. Velarde
Front Desk Manager
avelarde@hhandr.com

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This could be a nice hotel but it needs a lot of work. It is old and worn out. Rooms are dingy, hallways dirty, the pool was missing dozens of tiles and the lounge chairs were torn and ripped. There were holes in the blinds in the room and they were so old they would not go up all the way. The sheets didn't fit the bed properly and would not stay on the bed. There were disgusting yellow stains on the towels! The room that the comedy show was held in smelled like a dingy old bar. I will not be returning.

8  Thank lizzanna62
Max M, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the experience you had at our hotel. We take great pride in our property and the services we provide and clearly we have failed to do this during your stay.

I will personally look into these issues that you have brought to my attention. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me at any time time. Thank you again for the feed back it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is a solid 3 star establishment with friendly staff and clean rooms with appropriate amenities. No fault of hotel, but it is really not feasible to walk the long distance to/from the Plaza. If there were a better courtesy shuttle schedule, it might not be necessary to rent a car as I had to do. The first shuttle does not leave until about 9:30AM, the last return shuttle at 9PM. On Saturday night while I was there, it was almost impossible to find a parking space due to all of the "events" taking place at the hotel. I was fortunately aware of the correct GPS address of the hotel and believe that the hotel should update their web site to only indicate the GPS address on Calle Mejia (even TripAdvisor has the incorrect physical address of the hotel). One big plus is the hotel's free walking tour of the Plaza area on Saturday mornings - an excellent benefit of staying there. If the hotel were within walking distance of the Plaza, I would stay there again since I would not need to rent a car. If you plan to have a car anyway, the hotel is a good choice.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently visited Santa Fe and needed to stay one extra night. A lot of hotels and B&Bs were quite pricey. e found an incredible deal on The Lodge at Santa Fe. It was easy to find and not too far off the plaza in the center of Santa Fe. The best part - the lodge had a shuttle bus. Though we didn't use the shuttle because it wasn't a particularly busy time, it's a good service to offer. That said, we stayed in a king room and the bed was not particularly comfortable -- so luckily we only stayed one night. It wasn't a bother because we were tired at the end of our trip.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice already. There are a lot of nice hotels in Santa Fe with more charm and character, but this one is on a hill top so you get a good view of the mountain when you are outside. It is also not in the Santa Fe downtown area, where there are too many tourists in the way. I like it here because the atmosphere is very beautiful and peaceful by the pool and in the courtyard; which offers enough privacy. You can't hear or see traffic from up there by the pool and courtyard. All you here are birds chirping and playing all day and a good breeze flowing through. Front desk guys are pretty cool. People in the restaurant upstairs are pretty friendly but the food is not exquisite.

On the other hand, they could use some upgrades to the hotel like repaving the cement by the pool. They could put and ice machine in every hall. I had to walk to the other side of the hall to get ice. They could put really nice swings or a gondola in the courtyard to make it romantic. I think they should add a gorgeous fountain to the entrance with better seating. The cow hide seats are kind of uncomfortable but cool looking. Add a massage spa or sauna. Walls and doors need new paint colors to liven up the place. Fans in the bathrooms PLEASE!

Photos coming soon.