“First time to Santa Fe”

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Eustace, Texas, United States
“First time to Santa Fe”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Had trouble right away, key would not open door. Had to get maintenance there to get it working. once we got in, liked the room. it was small but very nice. Room and bathroom were clean.

I wouldn't waste my time eating at the lodge restaurant, they seem to equate spicy hot for good Mexican food. It was far from good Mexican food. The wait staff tried to do their best, service was slow and never got a drink refill after asking. Pricey for poor food, do yourself a favor and take the shuttle into town or drive yourself. spend the same money you would at the lodge and get yourself a GOOD meal.

Could never log on to the internet, same problem on both my wife's laptop and mine.

At check-out I was never asked how the stay was.

I don't think I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side, nice view of the Mountains and National Cemetery.
1 Thank John H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 20, 2012

More than 30 of us stayed 5 nights at the hotel for a reunion. The hotel staff contacted me ahead of time to facilitate a comfortable stay. They went out of their way to extend their shuttle service into town so our group could go to special events. They opened the bar an hour early one day so we could have a memorial service for our departed colleagues. They gave us a very good group rate.
The rooms were comfortable and well taken care of by the housekeepers.The waitresses in Los Cuates Restaurant were very agreeable and remembered our orders from day to day.. The group had a wonderful time gathering at breakfast and then pursuing different interests.
The Juan Siddi Flamenco show in the downstairs theater was exceptional and really worth seeing.
The spa was not functioning, but people were enjoying the pool.
I liked being about 5 minutes out of town as it was very quiet. The shuttle goes into town each hour. However, if you like to be in the middle of the action in Santa Fe, you might want to stay in town.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to pets, ask for a pet-free room.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When we walked through the door of the hotel I was hopeful. It was nicely decorated in southwestern Out of date but clean). We checked in no problem and found our room no problem. That is where the nice ended. We were tired and wante to sit in the hot tub for a while and put on our suits and headed to the outdoor pool in the courtyard. There were many folks in the pool, who did look like they "belonged" there. They didn't. The grounds are not secured during the day and people can come and go from the hotel and the grounds without a keycard. That worried me. We quickly found out that the hot tub was not even filled. The pool is not heated. The fire pit was not working. My son witnessed a drug deal in the pool restroom.

THe room was clean, but not enough towels for us. The airconditioner only worked part of the time. The bathroon had no fan at all, (yuck if you have just filled on on southwestern food!).

First morning I asked the front desk for some help with directions and he said sorry I don't know my way around here. Yep that was it! No other help available..

4 Thank Marlene S
LSF_AM, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear valued guest, we at The Lodge at Santa Fe would first wish to express our deep concern over the imperfections with your stay at our lovely hotel. Be assured your feedback is extremely appreciated by management and staff alike. The happiness of each of our guests is the essential aspect of our philosophy in customer service, and a kindly approach to customer care is the cornerstone of our hotel. We are indeed regretful that you feel a high quality experience was not relative to your stay with us. We would like to thank you for your review and assure you that corrective measures are being taken immediately.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, but for a Santa Fe stay, I would not recommend this hotel. Not only was my bed uncomfortable, but the guests above my room had a really squeaky bed and it disrupted my sleep all night. The room decor was sparse and functional, not welcoming. The hottub was broken but the pool area was nice and well stocked with lounge chairs. It is pet friendly, so if you're travelling with a pet then this is a good choice. The location is on a side of a hill so you may luck out and have a lovely view of Santa Fe and the surrounding mountains, but my room was on the ground floor with only a view of the parking lot. It is not walking distance to the Plaza, but a shuttle service is available, though I did not use it. I would instead recommend staying at the Inn on the Alameda. I much more enjoyed my stay there last year.

2 Thank Maria R
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Recently stayed at The Lodge At Santa Fe, and was disappointed with the overall experience. Room was okay, but furniture seemed fake. Plumbing in bathroom was noisy, and one faucet on the shower was installed backward. No vent in bathroom. Many small complaints, such as: two ice machines, neither of which worked. No directory of services in room, possibly because there were not many. No early morning coffee, other than in-room maker. No herbal tea in restaurant. We cancelled our second night reservation, and would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marvin L
LSF_AM, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We at The Lodge at Santa Fe would first wish to genuinely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Be assured that the satisfaction of all our guests is of the highest importance to our staff, and these issues have already been addressed at the highest levels of management. We at The Lodge of Santa Fe appreciate your feedback as much improvement will come as a direct result of it.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed July 11, 2012

On our way across country we stayed at The Lodge at Santa Fe - last minute reservation made from a Starbucks in Amarillo, TX. We arrived quite late and the desk manager, Travis was friendly and very accommodating.

The decor is dark and a little dated, but the beds were very comfortable and I'm pretty sure the pillowcases had been ironed(!). Starbucks coffee in the room and nice quality bath products - oh and the water pressure...amazing.

Breakfast was good - server was attentive, food was great.

Room Tip: I opted for a mountain view room over a pool view - the mountain view includes a cemetery view - did...
2 Thank khmetalworkdotcom
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Skip this hotel. The hotel was clean & the decor was cute, however the hotel's website is quite deceptive on a number of accounts. It is not at all walking distance or close to the downtown plaza. You have to drive & fight parking or call a cab. 2nd they do have a hottub like the website says, however, there is NO WATER in the hottub. When I asked a maintenance person about it, he indicated that it had been that way for sometime. Perhaps worst, the hotel's wifi is a disaster. We couldn't get our phones/computer to stay connected for more than 30 seconds, rendering it pretty much useless. I asked the front desk to give us change for a 100 for the cab & he informed me that it was the manager’s policy to not give hotel guests change. When I asked to speak to the manager, he was not there & did not call me back. I had also asked to speak to the manager about the wifi when the desk clerk told me that they were not allowed to look at the router & he was again not there & did not call me back. We booked this trip when many of the hotels on the plaza were full. This looked like it was a little farther out but still convenient - but it is not. It is way worth it to pay a little more & stay on the plaza - or decide that you don't care about staying on the plaza, in which case pay a lot less & stay farther out. This is in no way a compromise, it is just an inconvenient location that has no wifi, no spa, unhelpful staff, & a manager who apparently prefers it that way.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
6 Thank ajbryan