“Very peaceful vacation”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed February 22, 2012

From the time we entered the Lodge we were welcomed by a friendly, knowledgeable person who quickly got me checked in after our long 14 hour drive. The room was very large and was decorated in beautiful southwestern decor. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite. It is conveniently located near downtown and if you don't want to drive they have a shuttle that will take you to the plaza. Check out by Devin was a breeze and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our trip to Santa Fe.We will be coming back to the Lodge at Santa Fe again and again.

Room Tip: some rooms come with kiva fireplaces.
2  Thank schmelonball

Reviewed February 22, 2012

When you stay there you are not quite in old town, although you are close enough. They offer so much in the way of dinning, and entertainment you may not have to leave. Unless of course you just have to see what old town shopping is all about, in which case we took the shuttle bus.
This was a great find we will return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank foodangel1
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We came for a 3-night stay to celebrate my husband's birthday and really enjoyed the rustic "Santa Fe" feel to this place. It was so close to everything but you could park right outside the door! The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful with directions and advice. We would definitely stay here again!

2  Thank Kristal_Autumn
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Unfortunately my reservation date was incorrect and now that they have already charged my credit card they refuse to correct and reimburse me for the extra day that I am being charged for. Got no where with the reservation clerk. I feel that this hotel did not accommodate their guests in a fair way. Never again. Very shady place Beware!!!!! Sounds great on the web But the treatment is poor.

Room Tip: stay away Credit Card rip off
4  Thank karina2u2
LSF_AM, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. It’s only thru feedback such as yours that we are able to identify areas that we need to improve on. I can assure you the service you received is not typical at our Hotel. Thank you for allowing us to correct your departure date and we look forward to welcoming you to the Lodge at Santa Fe. Sincerely Juan Vigil

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Great location for travelers - easy on, plenty of parking and easy off. Very courteous staff, large rooms, very clean and GREAT VALUE for Santa Fe. A bonus is the shuttle service to the Plaza. On site restaurant is excellent. Give it a try.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Lagato
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My dear friend and I needed a Girls trip to just catch up on our busy lives! I got a sweet deal online for our stay here. We were in room 212 and the cookies when you check in were great! There was light snow and it was pretty cool outside, the fire going in the Lobby was so nice! We went to our room for awhile and then upstairs to Las Cuatas for dinner. Great prices...good food! Went back to the Lobby...pulled up a couple of chairs to the fireplace, talked and watch the snow come down. Very Cozy! The next morning we went back for breakfast at Las Cuatas....and it was delish! The waitresses are so helpful...and yet... didn't just hover over us ...or rush us out...Perfect for 2 gals that had a lot of talking to do! Bathrooms are a little small ... but clean! It's a 3* hotel...and that's about right! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NMCruzzin
LSF_AM, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

I’m thrilled you decided to have your getaway here with us at The Lodge at Santa Fe, and that you enjoyed it so much! You’ll have to plan your next getaway during the summer. There is no cozy lobby fire, but our outdoor pool is in full swing with a fire on our pool deck in the evenings. You can also enjoy patio seating outside the lounge, and experience our on site summer performance series in our very own Maria Benitez Cabaret Theater, featuring local performers and flamenco artists!
I’m so happy you stayed with us, and hopefully we’ll see you again soon!

Lily Wilson

Reviewed February 5, 2012

About 11pm someone with a key to our rm tried to break in, we had the top lock on so they couldn't get in but they started shaking the door, I couldn't sleep after that and stayed up all night ready to protect my girlfriend. We called the front desk and the young lady sounded very shady and hesitated before saying her name was "frank"....very shady place, don't stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank jpay111

I’m so sorry for the scare you had during your stay! I specifically remember your incident, and I want to apologize again.
Our goal is to make our guests feel safe and comfortable during their stay, and that is clearly not how you felt. When we spoke yesterday, I told you I would be researching the incident and I was able to discover the cause of the confusion. Due to a system malfunction the system allowed us to check our last check in to an occupied room… yours. This is a very rare occurrence and I have spoken directly to my staff. As the front office manager, I have taken steps to insure that should any incident of this nature happen again and it will be handled more appropriately.
Again, I am so sorry for the experience you had, and that the response you received from the front desk that night did not give you any piece of mind.

Lily Wilson