Quality Inn Santa Fe
$229
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$319
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$216
$271
$244
  • Pool
Inn and Spa at Loretto(Santa Fe)
$269
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$185
$167
$253
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolder hotelhot breakfastbit datedcoffee makernice staygreat room
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We needed a pet-friendly room. Since most hotels near the plaza were pricier than we wanted to spend, or didn't allow dogs, we ended up staying here, about 15 minutes from the plaza. We would have loved to stay at the El Rey Inn/Motel, but they don't accept pets.. We went on the Choice Hotels web site to find a property (since we'd stayed in a very nice Quality Inn in ABQ the night before) and this property, based on the web site photos of their rooms, looked like it was just as nice. NOT!

I'm not sure which room they photographed for the web site, but it obviously wasn't a pet-friendly room. I understand that pet rooms take more to keep up and the hotel might be reluctant to do the same kind of upgrades (i.e. the white comforters on the beds in the web site photos), but there should be some truth in advertising on the web site by letting you know up front what you'll really be getting if you need a pet-friendly room

Cons: Our room had the ugly, old worn, synthetic bed spreads (the QI in ABQ had nice bed spreads in their pet-friendly rooms that must work w/ the pets just fine), torn screen door, old worn carpet, missing an alarm clock, old wallpaper that showed where old items used to hang, an over all feeling of the room not being so clean.

Pros: Does allow pets, has ground floor rooms w/ both inside and outside entry to the room that works well for taking pets in/out.

Later, we found out the Sage Inn is pet-friendly, and we really wish we would have known that in advance. I wouldn't stay here again. With or without pets, due to the misrepresentation of the rooms on their web site.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank TravelSpice
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We found clean rooms and a decent breakfast. The pool is large enough and the breakfast reasonable. We would stay here again. This is about a 10 minutes drive into town. This is a reasonable hotel for the rate. There are a lot of public parking lots in downtown. We were river rafting today with Santa Fe rafting. Very pleasant river rafting experience and not rough at all. Good for all ages. We also dined at El Farol in Canyon Road. This is a must see street were all the galleries are. Very good food, but be prepared to spend around $35.00 per person

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Starviagera
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We stayed here 3 nights and found the property to be adequate for our needs. The lobby is nice and our room was clean, but the hallways were less clean than desired. I, too, noticed the same Bud beer can in the upstairs ashtray and had bets with my mother as to how long it would last there. (It was gone by our 3rd morning, so I lost the bet)

However, my only concern is whether my room is clean as that is where I am staying - I don't make a habit of sleeping in motel hallways. For that, this property does fine. Our room was clean and well turned out. It is not a 5 star property, but I wasn't expecting that. The beds were comfortable, the pillows a little less so. Sheets were clean, towels fresh and clean as well. TV worked well and there was enough heat and hot water and water pressure. I was happy.

There is a restaurant attached to this hotel and the complimentary breakfast comes from this restaurant. We never found seating a problem at all. Perhaps in summer? Not sure. Guests are afforded 3 different breakfasts (hot) and 1 breakfast of cereal. Guests can also elect to order off the restaurant's menu with $2.00 off the price, for a nominal cost ($3.00 and $5.00). This is really a very good deal. The meals have a good variety, and it is served quickly. Again, perhaps in summer if there are more guests, the service might be a little slower. But hey, it's a free hot breakfast - not done at a lot of properties!

This property is not close to the plaza. Guests will not be able to walk there. And the street this property is located on is a very, very busy location. But that also affords guests with lots of opportunities for dining, so there are positives.

We did not use the pool, so I cannot really comment on that. I will say that it is located in a courtyard, so it is more private than other hotel/motels.

Overall, an adequate, functional motel property. Don't expect 5 star quality for a 3 star price. What you will get is a clean, basic room in a somewhat dated property along a stretch of road that is pretty much filled with the same. If looking for a no frills, clean place that offers a fairly good free breakfast while visiting Santa Fe, this might be a consideration. That is, if you aren't into spending too much time in motel hallways.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Chele60
Reviewed October 7, 2006

I didn't pay enough attention to the reviews on Trip Advisor. The price was too compelling and so I booked it! The pictures on the website are very misleading. This is an old motel that has been ignored by it's owners. The best things about this property are that the list of amenities (ex. expanded cable, wireless, pool and excercise room) is at least on par with other area hotels, the rooms are a decent size and the attached restaurant has excellent food. The primary concern is the place looks and is a dirty place. The carpet going up the stairs and in the halls are absolutely filthy! We stayed four nights only because we had prepaid w/Orbitz and could not get a refund. During this entire stay, the first thing we saw as we walked up the stairs was an empty Budweiser beer can sitting on an old unused wall mounted cigarette ashtray with other garbage sticking out. No one bothered to pick it up...I have no idea how long it has been there. The wallpaper is peeling in the halls, the vents are filthy and the carpet is actually pulling away on the stairs. The tiles on all the floors are old and dirty. There is a washer and dryer appears to have been broken for months given the condition of the "Out of Order" sign. The shower head was stuck on a pulsating shower that could not be fixed. The staff appeared ambivalent towards the guests and could not answer some basic questions regarding airport transportation. If you stay, ask for a room on the second floor facing the pool, it will result in a more quiet stay.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank BoppiTaleen
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Where do I begin? The clerks at the front desk were very unfriendly and couldn't care less about helping us. The room was not very clean, at all, with cigarette burns and other unidentifiable stains in the filthy carpet. I ended up getting tons of extra sheets and spreading them all over the floor, because I didn't want my kids to be barefoot on it. The beds were uncomfortable. This is a motel, not a hotel, and the pictures make it look a lot nicer than it actually is in person. The free breakfast items that you could choose from were very limited, and the restaurant was very slow in getting our food to us. When you have 2 small children who didn't get much sleep the night before, this is a big problem. The restaurant didn't have enough seating, and so was very crowded with guests trying to find a table. We had booked ourselves for 3 nights in this place, and after the first night tried to find somewhere else to stay. Santa Fe was all booked up, however, so we were stuck. I will say, though, that it was a cheap place to stay. So if that is ALL you are looking for, this place will be fine. Otherwise, stay anywhere else but the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled with family