“Dirty, cold, unfriendly”

Quality Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #48 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Booked this room for 3 days, trying to partake in the stay-3-get-1 offer. Upon arrival, we noticed that the room was completely filthy (I took pictures of it). The bathroom had what looked to be very old hairs stuck to the perimeter of the bathroom, with slimy mildew-like stuff around the shower fixtures. Hairs were stuck to the walls and there was what looked like urine dripping down the walls, dried on. The ceiling fan had about an inch of dust stick to the blades, and the screen door to the patio was off the track and wouldn't go back on. There were hairs all over the carpet in the room and it didn't seem like it had been cleaned recently. The worst part was the lack of heat. There was an ancient thermostat that didn't work when set to heat, instead was blowing cold air. My husband called the front desk to complain about the heat and was told that we could bring a space heater up to the room. As a parent of two small children, didn't want to chance my children getting burnt or the room catching on fire.

The next day, my husband called the desk to complain about the heat and the dirt and was told they could send a maid up and send her up with the space heater. Instead, he told them that we wanted to cancel our reservation. They were very rude about the whole thing (and were semi-friendly even before we complained).

We checked out and drove to Bernalillo and stayed at a quality inn there, instead. Unlike Santa Fe, Bernalillo was clean, friendly, and excellent. However, since we didn't stay in Santa Fe for the three days originally booked, we lost out on the free night. I called corporate today to complain and was told that since heat wasn't listed as an amenity, I should've known better than to complain for lack of it. WHAT???? Since when is heat an amenity? I was also told that despite my visit, all they could do was have the hotel contact us about the dirt, not the heat or anything else. Corporate also refused to allow us the free night because the three nights weren't consecutive at one hotel, just consecutive.

What a dump, what a disappointment from a well-known chain.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank maorvis
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Santa Fe

Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed here one night last week. Normally, I stay at the Super 8 in the same area, but this time I wanted to try something different. The property is pretty big. The room was also very spacious. We had a king bedroom on the second floor which had a balcony. It was completely clean, and there was a microwave, coffee maker and two fridges! Also, the WiFi worked perfectly. However, there were three issues I had with this place. First, there is no elevator, and there was nothing available on the first floor. This was a little inconvenient for us since my husband is slightly mobility impaired. I can see it being a major problem for anyone unable to climb stairs. If you book here, make sure you get an accessible room, or call in advance to discuss your concerns.

Secondly, the hotels website lists a "Free full hot breakfast" as one of the amenities. This is not true. The cafe located on premises went out of business. No cook. As a result, a continental breakfast was served between 7 and 10 AM. The "hot" items were toast, and what looked like toaster waffles. There were two food warmers there but I didn't check what was inside. If they had anything, it probably would have been green chile stew. Other breakfast items were cold cereals, hot cereals, yogurt, and a few pastries.

At check in, I specifically asked the clerk if the hot breakfast was per person, or buy one get one free, or what. She simply stayed that it was per person, and told me where the cafe was located. She made no effort to tell me that there were no longer any hot breakfasts being served.

Last, but not least, was the fact that two low-life's were in the room next too us arguing quite a bit. They were loud enough to let us, and their "neighbors" on the other side know of their problems. My husband was awakened early in the morning by their door slamming. At one point, a male shouted a couple of F bombs as they made their way down the hall. However, this is NOT the hotels fault. But maybe the walls are too thin?

it was a nice stay for one night. Not sure if I would have stay longer than that for the price this time around. I will consider this place again, but I'll be sure to book a little further in advance.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DurNacc
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The accommodations were good, and the employees were very courteous and helpful. We will stay there again if we return to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverly W
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Gustavo provided excellent customer service. Even though he was busy helping other travelers, he still found time to met our requests.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank howieswife
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 3 months and have enjoyed every stay. The staff is professional, friendly, and helpful. The location is close to restaurants, stores, and the bus line. The attached cafe has a delicious menu with an amazing staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank CitizenRaleigh
Reviewed July 1, 2009

this was a good hotel at very little cost. the room was gigantic w/ a fridge and microwave. the balcony overlooked the less-than-scenic Motel 6 next door. But it was a balcony!! Breakfast was served at the restaurant next-door. Was small but OK to start the day. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'll go back next time I'm in SF

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pastorbob
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stayed four nights at this hotel and it was clean, quiet, comfortable and there was a restaurant that had excellent food in the same building. For the price, and the amount of days that we spent here, it was well worth it.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family