“Foyer circular staircase rug plus needs replacing”

Quality Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #48 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was afraid the experience would be poor when I saw the rug after checking in, but in fact, the rooms were nice, on the line of La Quinta rooms and I felt happier, nice comfy beds, well made and that was why I was here, to get a decent sleep before my plane trip the next early AM. I have no idea if there was breakfast, as I left early.

I see others felt the same about the rugs, but I liked the beds for my back. Finally, I got a good sleep with no hip pain. So our bodies all need different types of beds, but all of us need a good rug. Since there is no elevator, it may be a problem scheduling a rug replacement on the main stairs.

Regardless of the above, I had lost my airline ID at some point, thinking I left it at the reception when checking in. And so my son went back after dropping me off at the airport and checked with them, but they didn't have it. When in Dallas, on my way to Boston, I received a call from the hotel receptionist at the time, Adrian, telling me that they found my ID in the room during cleanup and that they would send it to me. When so many people, agencies, businesses and other entities would have kept or tossed things (as American Eagle did to a poster I left on the plane and claimed they didn't find it), I see this is hope for the decency of a few. I applaud the hotel on recovering my lost item and then returning it at their expense, a few cents, but still...time and energy is needed to do this for me.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, get a room close to the circular stairway in the foyer. Mine was 217 an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your stay. We value our customers input to make our hotel the best it can be. We work hard to do what we can and will certainly address your issues for a better future stay. Thank you.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Last month I went to the opera in Santa Fe and stayed a Friday and Saturday night at the Quality Inn because of the reasonable price. The drapery was off its hook, the bathtub faucet leaked, the mirror in the bedroom was cracked, the tub drain was clogged. Yes, I reported the problems. They hooked up the drape for me but I was told the other items would have to wait until Monday. I do plan to stay again to see if things are better because it is convenient and inexpensive, but a number of guests were complaining. It also is not handicapped accessible. There is no elevator to the second floor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Erin S S

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The only good things I can say about the room we stayed in was that the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was big. Other than that, the carpets were very dirty and the furniture old. I think the carpets are dirty because guests walk in and out the sliding door and aren't able to wipe their feet. The breakfast was also awful.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top level because at least the carpets won't be so dirty as people can'...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked this hotel for a four-night stay at the last minute. I commend the service but the beds were my biggest problem. They made my back hurt so bad! :( I had to ditch the hotel the last night. Sorry but I would not recommend this place at least until they renovate. Maybe.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent stay (about one hour) my wife and I checked into a room only to find it had no air conditioning. We returned to the front dest and the polite clerk checked us into another room. Again no ac. we were then checked into a third room with no ac. while returning to the front desk we ran into another guest who also was about to check into his third room due to lack of ac. The clerk later told us about 15 other guests has the same complaint. By reading other reviews here, it appears this place either had no, or occasional air conditioning. Perhaps this is not an issue in Santa Fe in December. I can only hope they have heat!

After running around attempting to find a room with ac we walked next door and stayed at a Motel 6, a chain we never stay at. It has an uptick from the shabby Quality Inn.

As a member of Choice Hotels point program and a frequent guest at this chain, this place is an embarrassment to Choice and they should get rid of the property, or upgrade the place. When the Motel 6 is a better value, Yikes!

DO NOT STAY HERE IN THE SUMMER

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank xcountrytravel
Santa Fe D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is in a good location and I think they are working on it, but right now I could not recommend staying there. The room we had was very "grungy" (broken bathroom fixtures, dirty looking grout, dirty looking carpet, door lock not working). They were working on the pool so it was unavailable but they did send us down the street to another hotel to use their pool.

The breakfast was good but once again the dining area was very dated and "grungy" looking.

I do have to compliment the staff on their friendliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mari2662

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our room was clean - we really liked that we were right outside the pool and that every room had a balcony with ground floor room having a small private patio. Hotel was old and could have used some TLC - carpet was old an shabby, room decor was dated but very clean. No inside pool or hot tub but the pool was nice an clean and the pool patio was well appointed. No clean towels provided and the lobby staff did not have any. That sucked, had to go to our room wet and dripping. Breakfast was good - standard high carb fare!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple