“Do not prepay this hotel!”

Quality Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
San Francisco
“Do not prepay this hotel!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I prepaid for this hotel. When I realized that it was a mold hazard as well as a smoking room converted and covered with chemical freshner, I was stuck with the bill even though I checked out. Would you loose $500 dollars just to keep from spending your time in a demoralizing space with cigarette burns on the carpet and mold on the shower ceiling. I did take photos. I will see if corporate is more responsive but I would not stay here ever. The staff was very nice....but I never met the manager "Helen" and she never called me as the staff said she would.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank r0adg0ddess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an older Motel that has not been upgraded or kept very well, for that matter. The room was very dark, but seemed OK and I inspected the bed for bedbugs. I didn't find any, but there was a lot of trash, dirt and dust under the bed. The carpet was very dirty, dusty and almost sticky feeling. We would not walk around without shoes or slippers. There was enough dust in the room that we both began coughing. Although we had originally planned to stay in Santa Fe longer, we shortened the visit because of this motel. We were traveling cross country, so it didn't make any sense to waste time looking for another place to stay. We just hit the road a couple of days sooner than we expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony H

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Orange, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We prepaid our stay, and got a good rate. Let me start out by saying that I would stay here again. However, the hotel is definitely showing major signs of wear in the hallways, with the carpeting looking well-worn. The room we had though was well-maintained, and as a double bedded room had a micro-fridge. No flat screen TV, but the TV still worked fine. The hot breakfast consisted of gray and biscuits, sausage patties, egg patties, and Belgian waffles. There were also assorted muffins and danishes. Fresh fruit, consisting of apples and oranges was also available. There was also regular and decaf coffee available. But, as already stated. There is no functional pool. The pool is there, but either they're trying to fix it or maybe they pan on filling it in. I don't know. But they are advertising they have a functional pool, when it is apparently non-functioning, and may take some major repair for it to be functional again. Also, for some reason, our wake-up call never came.

Room Tip: If you want a micro-fridge AND a microwave, request a King room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Pool was no water. Outside 90 F. it was very warm. The hole day on the road, but this was not o.k. The rest was very fine. Breakfast was o.k. Some eggs and sweets. Toast and butter was enough. Coffee and Milk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Ute H
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff were amazingly nice and accomidating. They did everything i asked them to do. Even helped me with my baggage since im an elderly 68 year old. The breakfast was deliciously good they had all kinds of choices. They had waffles and biscuits and sausages. It was a well served breakfast. The rooms were spacious and although kinda of antiqueish they were very nice and comfortable. They were clean and i got room service everyday and it was very nice. I would stay here again next time i come down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank gabriela e
Arnolds Park, Iowa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Pay attention to the reviews on Trip Advisor -- that's my lesson. We booked his hotel by mistake, and it's a mistake I won't make again. We won't stay here again, either.

It's never an endorsement to wake up in the morning and think, "Well, at least nothing bit me while I was sleeping."

The hallway carpet smells and you have your choice of threadbare, filthy, or disintegrating. Walls were nicked and not repaired, the ceiling in our room had water stains coming through the 1970s era popcorn texture.

My wife used one of the rough, white towels to test the tub cleanliness, and it came out dirty, almost black. Our room had a king bed that was reasonably comfortable, but the bedclothes were so worn, one hated to climb inside. The thermostat was non-functional, so our room stayed in the high 70s (at least that's what it felt like) all the way to morning.

I investigated the complementary breakfast area, but lost my appetite when the hallway leading there smelled like sewer gas.

Apart from some 1990s era furniture, there is little apparent investment since the Carter Administration.

I would recommend that any traveler -- needing a "pet friendly" hotel or not -- stay here only as a last resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Okoboji_observer
Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We chose Quality Inn of Santa Fe due to the name and we were looking for a fairly cheap place for one night on our way from Phoenix back to Colorado Springs. The room was not very clean, smelled strange, and most of the furniture was broken, as was the faucet in the shower. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple