“Large space nice value”

Residence Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed at the Residence Inn Santa Fe for 2 nights in Oct. The hotel is a different layout then other Residence Inn's I've stayed. They are in 4 plex townhouse style. The hotel is very close to the Hospital. So if you are planning for visiting downtown you will need a car. The hotel is older but in good condition considering. Really like the layout of the rooms. I wish the fireplace was gas instead of wood (don't know if you can actually use it as there was no wood around or information) Internet access was very good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank washmont

Reviewed October 24, 2010

It’s been a couple of years since my last stay at hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with property updates. Stayed in a penthouse – a king bed & bathroom on both levels. Expected a queen murphy bed & was pleasantly surprised when we had a king with closing door on the main level. Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. Only frustration was with breakfast staff who were more interested in standing in kitchen chatting then keeping breakfast area in order.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Mtngal
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I have been travelling to Santa Fe since 1955 and have seen multiple changes over the years. When our son was in college there years ago, we stayed at the Residence Inn because they were friendly to our dog. But last week, we were there for our son's birthday and discovered that the senior rate we were charged for my husband was the same as the non-refundable dog rate!! ($100). That seems a bit high for a well-behaved 10 pound dog. The kitchen of our unit needed updating and the air-conditioner was so loud the TV had to be adjusted when it came on. A guest checked into a suite above us around midnight and every step that guest took until 2 :30 am was loud and vibrating in our room. I was also put off by the out of date Ethernet connection so I could not use my Ipad. So it's time to look elsewhere for lodging in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Archie's Mom
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed here two nights on a road trip from Colorado Springs to the Grand Canyon. We had tickets for the Santa Fe Opera, so we found the location of this property to be ideal. It's just minutes from the Plaza (by car) and Canyon Road galleries, very convenient to the opera Hway, and easy to get to our favorite restaurants (Maria's, Bobcat Bite, etc.). The desk staff were friendly and welcoming, and our room was typical of a Residence Inn (roomy, everything you need, clean, comfortable, etc.). We had no complaints and slept well both nights. There was a social hour the first night we were there with hamburgers and hotdogs (we ate out instead), and the usual hot breakfast fare in the mornings. The morning we checked out, we were on the Interstate in minutes and on our way. We found the location to be perfect for our trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank George88
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Our first room smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke (don't stay in 721), so they moved us right away. My biggest problem after that was that they promote themselves as being "close to the Plaza," but they're 2 miles away and we didn't have a car. Also, don't believe the airport shuttle. They should advertise it as limited hours ("when the maintenance guy gets in at 7:30"). We had to get a cab to the SF Airport the day before leaving and rent a car so we could get to the airport in time for an 8:15 flight the next morning. That was cheaper than the $27 PER PERSON the Roadrunner shuttle was going to charge for an 8 mile trip, and the cab company required 24 hours notice (which we didn't know) in order to pick up at the hotel - otherwise you and your luggage have to get to the corner of two streets and get picked up there.
The room was quite comfortable, although the 2nd bedroom was in a loft above the main bedroom and there is some sound transmission. The shower handle fell off in my hand. I'd say the maintenance is just OK ... the kitchen cabinet door under the sink was sticky, stuff like that.
There's a hot breakfast in the lobby that was very good. Unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of it the last day because we had to leave too early.
The internet in the room was pretty slow, but there was a computer in the lobby and it was faster there.
It's easy to forget that Santa Fe is a capital city; in some ways it acts like a small town. Next time I think we'll stay in ABQ.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Carol D
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The rooms are spacious, the grounds beautiful, and the food plentiful and good. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PennyD
Reviewed May 8, 2010

The room was nice with a fireplace and King bed and lots of room to move around. But the location was too far away from the downtown area. My impression when reading other reviews is that the downtown area is about a mile away. It is much further than that. I would stay there again only I had my pet otherwise I would find somthing closer to the downtown area.

4  Thank T02