“Nice property with very good staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Santa Fe

Residence Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Nice property with very good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My sisters and I had a week long vacation in this hotel. It is a very nice facility with very nice rooms and a good breakfast. The only reason I rated it a 4 is because the buildings are separate villas; therefore, there are no elevators.

Room Tip: If steps are a problem, read the website carefully. The staff is very willing to carry your luggage...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Peg L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked this hotel hoping it was at a walkable distance from the city center but, unfortunately you have to take your car to move towards the central Plaza. Considering that we love to explore the landscape and the beautiful nature outside the town, this is not a big issue, but it can be if you like to go out for dinner (all the best restaurants are around the Plaza) and not to worry about what and how much you drink.....
Anyway, the staff is friendly and attentive. Our room had a fireplace and it was clean and spacious, with a beautiful small balcony overlooking the pool. To access to our room we needed to climb a staircase, which is not very practical if you had a heavy suitcase.
We definitely enjoyed our long weekend in Santa Fe and we recommend this hotel and its amenities (good breakfast, pool with hot tub, easy parking lot) as a base for exploring the surroundings (Taos, Chimayo', Ghost Ranch,...).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MonicaT963
Artesia, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Traveling with a baby is hard but they helped me with a portable baby bed, baby gates (our room had a loft) and they had milk available. When we went down to get more milk a lady came in franticly trying to get a room. She was not friendly about getting a room while she was yelling at other people on the phone. The staff handled it amazingly never got mad or snappy. Made sure she had everything she needed and helped her calm down. After she left the lobby the staff kept apologizing to me. I was just amazed how well the handled the situation.
Also, the hotel has been up dated and looks amazing. Nice clean rooms, clean pool and good parking. Not close to downtown but right off I25.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank katie1898
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed for one night at the Residence Inn. I love Residence Inn because of the full kitchen, especially for longer stays. This property was relatively convenient to St John's College where we attended an event. Not very close to downtown.
Our room was on the bottom floor near some stairs so it was not the quietest. Recommend an upper floor room. Room was clean and comfortable.
We wanted to check in early because I had some cookies that needed to be refrigerated. We were not able to but the staff member at check-in agreed to put it in their refrigerator. When we later asked for the item, it took them a while to find it. And it looked like someone had helped themselves to a few cookies!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms would probably be quieter.
1 Thank abqcat
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Why Santa Fe, New Mexico? What is there to do there? Thats all I heard from friends / co-workers the week before going, and all I could say is: "Not sure, but I'll let you know" Santa Fe is a great city to go and relax. This is a vacation spot to go and enjoy nature and not have to deal with the hustle and bustle of big city life. There are numerous National Parks that you can visit and its only an hour drive from Albuquerque, NM.

The Residence Inn is in a good location if you plan to be here for a long weekend. Its near downtown, which has numerous places to eat. It's also centrally located near Bandlier National Park & Pecos National Park. If you're going to visit a few National Parks here and maybe in the future, the U.S. Annual Pass is a great investment. Just show and go. General Passes are $80 for a year, or Senior Citizens over 62 get a lifetime pass for only $10.

Back to the hotel. We had a comfortable room for 4 of us. There was a master bedroom it's own bathroom and then an upstairs loft with it's own full bathroom. Great for 2 couples. The living room had a sofa bed that could accommodate another couple. It had a full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave. Free WIFI in the room that was okay enough for some video streaming. Each room had an LCD TV and the living room had a LCD TV as well.

Breakfast was provided each morning in the lobby. Not bad. Enough variety to get you some energy before the hikes. Staff was friendly. We went during a cold season, but they have a pool and looks like it was pet friendly with a dog relief area and bags.

Would recommend for the price and location.

This is just my personal scale so you know where I'm coming from.

1 - Never Again, Avoid at all costs
2 - Poor experience. Look for alternatives
3 - Decent. Has pros and cons.
4 - Good. Would Recommend.
5 - Incredible - Makes me want to come back and do it again.

Room Tip: 2 Story complex. Might recommend the upper units if you can go up/down stairs easily with luggage...
3 Thank Jeff W
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night while visiting Santa Fe. At first glance the room seemed nice, spacious and clean. However if you looked closely you would see a lot of dust and dirt coming out of the ceiling vents. In addition, and we didn’t notice this until the next morning, the coffee maker still had old coffee grinds in it. My wife commented to me that if housekeeping missed cleaning the coffee maker, what else did they miss cleaning?

We called down to the front desk and asked for a new coffee maker, and was told they would bring one right away. 15 minutes later I called again to find out what had happened and was told there was no one available to bring a new coffee maker to us. It would have been nice if someone would have called us, rather than making us wait.

This was disappointing and I don’t think I’ll be staying again at this particular Marriott property. It’s definitely not a category 5 in my opinion.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The penthouse room is incredible, as nice as any luxury resort I have stayed in, probably nicer. The air conditioning worked great the second time around. The first room I was given had no functioning heating or cooling. When they tried to fix it, they blacked out the entire room and I had to move to another room at 11P via flashlight but Joseph at the front desk went out of his way to help with the move and carry the heavy suitcase up and down the sets of stairs. He also adjusted my bill appropriately and was very helpful throughout my stay. Average breakfast but the staff needs to do better at refilling things as things were almost always empty when I went down for breakfast in the middle of service, not at the end. Pool was being resurfaced, appeared to be good sized. Rare to see Tennis courts anymore. Very nice well kept grounds

Room Tip: Penthouse if you have a family
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family